Old dude advice

chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
If any of you guys would like life advice from an old dude that's been there, done it, and worn most of the tee shirts out, this is the place to ask it.

I've been married for 11 years twice and divorced twice. Raised 4 kids, 3 girls and a boy, the eldest of which is in her 30's. I've had countless jobs both working for large firms, small firms and been self employed for over 20 years. I've house shared with eleven other guys, lived in a bed sit, rented a house and a flat and owned 3 different houses. I was a child of the 60's, I grew up when computers were things in SF movies and have stayed with the technology from it's start. I've travelled to many different countries both with work and on holiday. I've suffered the agonies of losing friends and relations from accidents, age and disease.

There are many more things I've done and seen in my life, too numerous to mention here. If you think any of my experiences would help you in any way or you just want an opinion, ask away. And if you're too shy to do it in public on a thread then just PM me for confidentiality.

Comments

• edited November 2011
    I had a legit quesion that got moderated away here.

Were you married for a period of 11 years twice; or married twice over 11 years?

Assuming that the former is true (as implied by the grammar) what occurs at 11 years? Is an actual concept like the 7 year itch or just a cooincidence?

If the latter statement is true i'd be interested to hear how the 11 years breaks down (1/10 - 2/9 etc) and what the greatest stress on these marriages has been; if it is not a sore point.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    The former. And it's just coincidence.
  • edited November 2011
    Its a pretty interesting cooincidence.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    So did you want the benefit of my experience or are you just going to pry?
  • edited November 2011
    In all honesty I aprecciate what you're doing but we are on very different life paths.

The marriage thing is something that I'd consider but the stories of it going well are few and far between. I figure I can avoid the financial complications with some trickery but getting married seems to be the first step to getting divorced these days.