Obama is in Australia

SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator-__-
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
He didn't like the Vegemite much. That was a PR disaster. Trust me, Eat the vegemite and love it. It's a thing here.

He tried out some of our slang in one of his speeches: "chinwag", "earbashing" (which he said he liked and reminded him of DC), "she'll be right, mate" and some other lesser known ones.

They've also announced they're going to install a new naval base somewhere in northern Australia. They keep assuring us that it's not meant for China (at all, trust us please) and that they're building it for the hell of it.

Once again, we have proven our unwavering loyalty to the US.

A metaphor to summarise the entire trip: Obama fucking our PM up the ass as she screams for more. He then spits in her face and leaves not paying the motel bill.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Totally agree with you, Slart. It's fucking nuts. Our PM is there too and it's like everyone's in a Political gangbang.
    Makes me gag. As for the slang, that's pretty funny. Just a shame people focusmore on that than the Naval base etc.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    They have admitted it's to keep an eye on china as they grow in a press conference .. There is a article on news.com.au

What makes me sick is that the pm has been going on about the ties we need with china for trade are very important in the survival of our country .... Then complete turns her views around and steps back and just let's this happen ... She will get elected again for this cause the whole western governments is bought and paid for
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
    Can you keep him there please? We do not need the chocolate Jimmy Carter in the U.S. anymore.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    They have to put a U.S. Naval base in Aus to offset the planned Chinese one in NZ.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited November 2011
    They have to put a U.S. Naval base in Aus to offset the planned Chinese one in NZ.

If America would trade with NZ maybe they wouldn't of agreed to it ... It's all planned ... He's a globalist and not to be trusted, his war crimes have been explained away ... The only hope for US is Ron Paul 2012 ... A man who is truly loyal to his constitution
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited November 2011
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    If America would trade with NZ

The NZ government fucked that idea when they went "Nuclear free". Fucking hippy faggots.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2011
    ^amen, along with off shore drilling lol.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned oil hahaha
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2011
    He didn't like the Vegemite much. That was a PR disaster. Trust me, Eat the vegemite and love it. It's a thing here.
    Of course he won't like Vegemite. It reminds him of what colour skin he really has. From now on we should refer to him as "President Vegemite" Leader of the ancient civilization "The Marmites"
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Of course he won't like Vegemite. It reminds him of what colour skin he really has. From now on we should refer to him as "President Vegemite" Leader of the ancient civilization "The Marmites"

I will sign that...
  • ThatfriedKidThatfriedKid Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    I was actually considering making a thread asking about how Australians felt having a US base made on their soil. But this thread made it pretty clear.

I'm a US citizen and I'm against making US bases across the globe in some sort of effort for world policing. We would most likely not allow any of our allies to put bases and troops on our soil, I don't see why my government feels the right to do that on other countries soil.

Does anybody live in a different country where there is a "friendly" US base on their soil? Can anyone tell me what the people your country think of these bases? Just trying to get a consensus because of course our media over here in the states would never report on your guys' feelings on the subject.