What celebrities have you met?

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I use that term in a loose sense, as some of the ones I've met are Politicians. However, there are other famous people, too. This doesn't cover your ego, so sorry people.

Here is my list:
cbrothers.jpg

The Chuckle Brothers. Saw these guys when I was a kid, got taken up on stage and had a pie thrown in my face. Any Brit would know them.

Rioters%20046.jpg

London.jpg

Ian Bone is a frequent person I see. Remember the day I went to London and got those &T adverts wheatpasted up? Well I also went for another reason - and that was a Political meeting. I don't necessarily support him, but he's got some balls. The "white box" image is Ian and I, and the other one is a photo of him at said meeting. He's the bald guy closest to me. Exif data don't lie if you want the original.

Last one is a good watch.

stringfellow-08.jpg

Talking of London, I met this guy when I was 16 in Covent Garden. Peter Stringfellow. My Father had a chat with him and I intend to go to his establishment in Covent Garden. When I can afford it.

boris-bike2.jpg

Remaning on London, another Political meet-up I went to and met this guy, Boris Johnson. Also met him more times after, and he saluted me in a roomful of Angry Muslim girls protesting against his Tory views. I was also dressed in full combats and had a fatass mohawk, being one of the only people applauding him. I hope I did FATTY proud. I couldn't exactly massacre the females, but it was tempting. They all looked like Ninjas. I highly advise you watch the 2nd video whe they discuss drugs. It would explain a LOT about Mr Johnson ;)

Roman-Abramovich.jpg

My Mum used to ride our Horses around one of Roman's estates. We had some nice family ties before the News and Taxman caught on. Being one of the few people that could ride up to his front gate, bypass security and enjoy the grounds was awesome. Felt like some Gentry-faggot. Still, they were the good days looking back. Also, the film "Rock'n'Rolla" is loosely based on him.

veuve_clicquot_gold_cup_09_wenn1473824.jpg

The Polo Gold Cup caught my eye as I know people who work with the Players and Horses. Blagged my way in, and this is the guy that owns the event - Lord Cowdray. Was a fair way to travel to get there and no guaranteed entry, but sat amidst the posh toffs, reading The Mirror (not the Telegraph or Mail) and drinking Budweiser (as opposed to Pimms or Veuve Cliquot). Funny as fuck.

We also have various family ties on my Mothers side, but that's for another day.

So &T, what famous people do you know/have met/stalked?

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2011
    Wow, nice thread. Actually none :(. If I met them I sure as hell don't remember them. Plus, they're Paki and can't be called famous or celebs. Plus, they have fucking ego problems.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty famous in RL. If i wanted too i could have sex with any of you.
  • edited June 2011
    I've met many famous people in my lifetime but never really anyone you'd class as a "celebrity". Mostly it's been people from famous bands who I've caught up with after the show. My favorite was Dallas Green from Alexisonfire, as well as the guys from Set Your Goals. I also high-fived The Maggot from Goldie Lookin' Chain, although that wasn't exactly meeting him. Still was cool though :)
  • MordFustangMordFustang Regular
    edited June 2011
    The owner of Netflix lived across the street from me while I was still at my Dad's house. He was chill.:thumbsup:
  • edited June 2011
    Numerous local musicians, some pretty famous, it's cool to live in a city where you can meet someone whose records you listen to over beer at some club.

I met Kevin Sorbo once, the star of Hercules and Andromeda, we planned a menu for his wife's birthday, dude is very cool, and very tall.

I met Robert Englund, Freddy Kruger from the original Friday the 13th franchise, his dog got into some sushi I had sitting on a rock beside me, a pleasant enough fellow.

The cool one; I chatted for a while with Zakk Wylde, Ozzy's guitarist for a few albums, he sat down beside me at the bar of the upscale hotel I was working at and ordered a Chivas, the bar was out, so I suggested Crown Royal, or even better Jamesons. He dug the Jamesons, and we chatted about whiskey for a while. When I asked him if he was local, he said he traveled a lot, and didn't get to Canada much. It was not till quite a while after he left that the bartender said to me; "Thanks for keeping that cool, I'm sure he really appreciated it"
    "Oh, was he someone famous?"
    "Dude, that was Zakk Wylde, didn't you recognize him?"
    Not that I would have acted much different, I'm actually glad I didn't recognize him, just a nice little chat about whiskey.

C/O
    "meeting famous people is cool, unless it's Chad, from Nickleback, anyone can meet him, but nobody likes him"
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited June 2011
    I met Taylor swift when she did her thanksgiving special in manhattan last year. She didn't want to sign my poster but she saw me... And then ran into her van and left. :(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Nice stories, guys. Lol at Box. Should have whipped your dick out!
    jude-law.jpg

Forgot about this guy. Served him in a cafe I worked at, and my Sister would take her horse to his Daughter's parties for kids to ride on and we got access. Shame I was banned from taking photos. Seriously, security was insane.
  • xxombiexxombie Regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm from the town Justin Beiber grew up in. He was a little douchebag, one of those jocks that thought he was the fuckin bomb, even before he was famous, going around smacking asses in front of their boyfriends and shit. I was pretty much the only homeless punk kid in town and used to panhandle at this one spot downtown, and he would come and stand like right in front of me and start busking with his guitar. Little turd.

Living in Toronto I met a lot of celebrities. I bought a couch off Phil from Phil the Alien.
    edited June 2011
    xxombie wrote: »
    I'm from the town Justin Beiber grew up in. He was a little douchebag, one of those jocks that thought he was the fuckin bomb, even before he was famous, going around smacking asses in front of their boyfriends and shit. I was pretty much the only homeless punk kid in town and used to panhandle at this one spot downtown, and he would come and stand like right in front of me and start busking with his guitar. Little turd.

Living in Toronto I met a lot of celebrities. I bought a couch off Phil from Phil the Alien.

I remember looking on your FB back when I had it and wondered if you had any interesting stories with your choice of lifestyle, and I suppose the people watching meant you could have potentially killed that little smug bastard.
    Pretty sweet encounter though.
    And do you mean the guy that played him> I'm not too familiar with that film.
  • edited June 2011
    OH yeah, I met Gene Simmons from the band KISS one time, that was pretty awesome.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited June 2011
    Not really fair for me to say - I used to work in a bar that any celeb who was on a night out in the area would go to, so shit loads.

I also managed an area for a company in the motor trade that would have to pick up customers cars from time to time. I was just so far out of London but still in the homo counties enough so every celeb that had made something in their career had a house around their.

I always picked up their cars. I got to drive some seriously nice cars that some people would be lucky to see.

Whilst not at work, if you think of the local celebs from where I am from if you know, I have met them.

The most famouse people I have met were Mick Jagger and Jerry Hall one winter fucking years ago. It must have been in the early '90's. I was fishing with my father one night, it was was cold, snowing and pretty shitty weather. That was OK tho as we were catching cod.

We were fishing next to a hotel and we had saw them go out it must have been about 7 or 8 and dark - we did not recognise them but saw him arsing on and dancing around her and jumping on the benches.

They walked back a while later, and they walked up to us. He asked in a very shrill voice but with some kind of put on southern English accent:

'Any Bass in 'ere?'

'No', I replied, 'We are to far up the river, we are cod fishing'

'I choodah (should have) broughhh (brought) mah (my) rod'

My Father said we had a spare and a spare real an asked him if he could cast a multiplier (a type of sea fishing real their is a little skill to casting) and Jerry walked off and said 'C'mon' but I think he really wanted to have a bit fish. Some times just having a bit fish is fun when you fancy it.
  • edited June 2011
    I met Dan Akyroyd once.... it was at the airport and he was on his way to his mom's funeral LOL

I was young at the time..
  • edited June 2011
    news-graphics-2007-_441967a.jpg

I once sold an item to Lord Linley, cousin to the Queen, in a very expensive part of London. He had the cheek to complain about the price of the item, to which I felt like asking him why he didn't try slumming it the f'ing east end1. After a while I realized that as a rule of thumb the richer an individual was, the more of a tight-fisted **** they were likely to be.

1) For those who don't know the 'east end' is the cheap, dirty and decrepit post-industrial arsehole of London.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited June 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I've met many famous people in my lifetime but never really anyone you'd class as a "celebrity". Mostly it's been people from famous bands who I've caught up with after the show. My favorite was Dallas Green from Alexisonfire, as well as the guys from Set Your Goals. I also high-fived The Maggot from Goldie Lookin' Chain, although that wasn't exactly meeting him. Still was cool though :)
    I would die if I met Dallas Green. I <3<3<3 City and Colour.:o:o:o
    edited November 2011
    I know it's a bit of a Necro, but I have something to add. Something quite extraordinary and shocking that I found out last night.
    I never met this guy. He died when I was in my infancy. However he was Family friends with my Father and his Dutch friend who got me some good deals when I head to Amsterdam soon.

I woke up to my phone ringing at midnight, as my Father had to pick up my Dutch friend from France, and they got talking about the history of said Dutch guy (who is like my adopted Uncle) and my Dad told me to look up the name "Klaas Bruinsma" as well as a few others like the "Grey Wolves" and some random Dutch surnames, as he, Klaas, briefly did busines with my Father and was the boss of the Dutch guy (I never knew how they met as they refused to tell me).

So turns out my frienship with this individual is all thanks to this person, and in certain parts of Amsterdam I can be treated like a VIP.

Klaas Bruinsma (October 6, 1953 – June 27, 1991) was a major Dutch drug lord, shot to death by mafia member and former police officer Martin Hoogland. He was known as "De Lange" ("the tall one") and also as "De Dominee" ("the minister") because of his black clothing and his habit of lecturing others.

Looks like I've found my new home.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    OK, there have only been 5, or 6 if we want to count David Duke. So starting with the first it was Paul Newman. He was at the Nelson Ledges Road Course as a consultant for a team that was running in the Longest Day at Nelson 24 Hour SCCA event (which sadly it seems they discontinued in 2008). In the 60's and early 70's both he and Steve McQueen used to race in that event. Having grown up not 30 miles from the track it happened that a friend of mine's father was the track manager in the mid 70 through most of the 80's. So when we all turned 18 we used to rent a U-Haul truck, Scott would get us free infield passes, we would park the truck (with a keg or two inside), put the lanw chairs on top in the sun and inside in the rain and party while we watched the race.

This particular year, I think it must have been around either 83 or may 82 I don't really recall, but we had some shrooms along with all the booze and smokin' dope. One of the things we would all do is pitch in for Scott while he had to work at the track so he could peel off and party with is more. So here it is about 3 AM, I'm drunk, high, and trippin, on shrooms maybe 19 or 23 (I dunno), and I am pumping gas in to the fuel cans as the pit rews bring them over so Scott can go get some shrooms, hit a d00b or two and have a little snort of whiskey or whatever we had.

This guy minus the helmet.

newman.png

Now it's 3am, I have been drinking, smoking, and tripping since about noon, and I just take the guys can with no clue who he is. As I hand him the can back my brain unfuzzes for a moment and I say something like, "Hey d00d, you look familiar, do I know you?" At that he just kind of gave me a knowing wink as if to say, "It's OK kid, I been there too". At that moment it dawned on me that he was Paul Newman as he turned to walk back towards the pit with a can of fuel. All I could do is stand there muttering, "Holy fuck that was Paul "fucking" Newman".

The second time I met a celerity Debbie Lee Carrington who played the midget hooker named Thumbelina in Total Recall.

midget_hooker.jpg

I met her at my break in house when I was dealing craps at a little joint on the strip called Little Caesar's that used to be in a strip mall between Bally's and the old Aladdin. It seems she was girlfriends with Gene Mayday's (the owner of Little Caesar's) mistress and they wanted to kill time while waiting on Gene so the decided to play some craps. So I dealt craps to her for about 20 or 20 minutes and they left. She seem like a nice enough person and had no attitude.

The third, fourth, and filth were all while dealing craps at Binion's Horseshoe. The 3rd was David Hasselhoff who was a really nice guy, treated everyone with respect and tipped very well.

lens13066621_1283175476David-Hasselhoff101.jpg

The fourth and fifth were Jack Klugman;

10102249.jpg

and Telly Savalas.

[IMG]http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/s/Telly Savalas/portrait.bmp[/IMG]

Both of these guys were miserable degenerate gamblers who hated life and everyone in it when they were playing (especially if they were losing). Neither of them smiled or tipped and were both giant bags of vinegar and water IMO.

The last one was David Duke. He stayed at the Horseshoe for about 4 days. I know because everyday he played at my table. I had no idea who he was until about 20 minutes after he left the table for the last time. All I knew was this nice fellow with pleasant manners who was not too hard on the eye had a lot of money and a tall hot blonde on his arm who wore clothing that left little to the imagination and he tipped well. It was hard to believe he was filled with so much hate.

David-Duke-Klan-Border-Watch.jpgdavidduke-confederate.jpg
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    I've met a few people I suppose you could call famous.

Shane MacGowan

shane.jpg

I dated a young colleen from west Ireland for a year or so. Her brother ran a bar in Dublin. He took us on a night out once and took me to the bar in Dublin that Shane drinks in. He was sat at the bar on his own with his head on his arms. The guy I was with ordered 2 pints of Guinness and one for ya man over dere. The barman poured a whiskey and slid it down the bar calling "heads up Shane". without looking up he caught the glass and it disappeared under his head. He leaned back, drained the glass, put his arms on the bar and sang a few verses of Molly Malone, and went back to hugging the bar. We were stood quite close, so I asked if he did requests. I just got a grunt. The barman said try your luck with a drink. So I paid for another whiskey and asked could he sing Danny boy. He drank his whiskey, slammed the glass down on the bar and slowly turned to look at me. "NO" he shout's, "I'll not sing that, but I'll sing for you Englishman". And proceeds to sing Curse you Oliver Cromwell. And then went back to hugging the bar. The barman turns to us and says "I think it's time to drink up lads"

Also he looks more like this nowadays:

shanemac-teeth200.jpg

I have to pop out now so I'll add more later.
  • edited November 2011
    My dad was a pretty well known radio host until some years ago - does that count?
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Was he syndicated?