Baby Dovahkiin: Couple Name Child For Skyrim Hero, Win Games for Life

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
the baby already looks embarrassed

Dovahkiin-Skyrim.jpg

talk about a dragonborn. While most of the country’s gamers were entranced with Bethesda Softworks’ newest RPG blockbuster Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, a couple actually named their newborn son after the game.

Back in February, Bethesda issued a challenge to its fans to have a baby on 11/11/11 and name it “Dovahkiin”, which is what the main character is called throughout the game. While the company issued it more in jest than anything else, they did offer a serious prize: “A Steam key that will grant you, and presumably Dovahkiin him/herself, every ZeniMax/Bethesda game — past, present and future — for life.”

“Once your child eventually achieves cognition — and grows old enough to play intense video games — we think it will agree that this key blows away a pink pleated onesie.”

Sure enough, Megan and Eric Kellermeyer answered the challenge, and on 11/11/11 at 6:08pm PST, Megan gave birth to Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer. The couple shared their blog post about the baby, sent in the necessary documents and won the coveted lifetime swag.

http://mashable.com/2011/11/17/skyrim-baby/

from the besthesda blog

ack in February, we threw down a challenge: if anyone delivered a child on 11.11.11 and named him/her Dovahkiin, we would provide free Bethesda games for life.

Today we congratulate proud parents Megan and Eric Kellermeyer for completing the quest. As noted on their webcomic site (and documents shared with us), Megan gave birth to Dovahkiin Tom Kellermeyer last Friday at 6:08 pm PST.

Be it the real world or the game worlds we create, we wish young Dovahkiin the best in all his adventures. And if Alduin ever reaches this realm, we’ll be in touch.

the comments on the blog are funny http://www.bethblog.com/index.php/2011/11/16/dragonborn/

they gave the kid a first name for his middle name which means hes not going to even use his first name thats kinda cheating plus they induced labor on 11/11/11 to force the baby to be born

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Haha, that's pretty cool. I actually like that name for some reason, it's got a nice ring to it. Good going on all that swag as well... I'll be buying this game soon, I'm sure I'll end up wanting a bunch of free stuff for it.

Nice find.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    Inducing labor and then naming their kid after a video game just to get some free games seems pretty messed up. Also that baby is red as fuck.