Yet another thread... I found a Visa Debit Card.

0000000000 Regular
edited December 2013 in Man Cave
any suggestions?
I have the letter they sent with it.

Ordering things to my address would be too suspicious and everywhere needs a PIN :(

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited November 2011
    you can order stuff online. None of that requires a pin. Only the card number and the three digit code on the back.

Buy virtual goods that you can then exchange for money of real stuff.

buy bitcoins then exchange it back to USD. It's a form of hi-tech money laundering.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Your tripe threads are not worthy of reply child.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited November 2011
    you can order stuff online. None of that requires a pin. Only the card number and the three digit code on the back.

buy bitcoins then exchange it back to USD. It's a form of hi-tech money laundering.
    yes, you're probably right.
    Well i ordered alot of stuff to my house, so chances are im gettin sent to jail.
    edited November 2011
    00000 wrote: »
    yes, you're probably right.
    Well i ordered alot of stuff to my house, so chances are im gettin sent to jail.

Chances are you are a lying 15 year old retard who is not welcomed here.
  • MEATMEAT Acolyte
    edited November 2011

That's pretty genius. Actually, I would hold on to the bitcoins for a little while, their value is going nowhere but up, but that's for the Money forum.
    edited November 2011
    MEAT wrote: »
    That's pretty genius. Actually, I would hold on to the bitcoins for a little while, their value is going nowhere but up, but that's for the Money forum.

Yeah buddy, sell the farm and buy bitcoins.
    edited November 2011
    MEAT, i would love to know why you think the value of bitcoins is going to grow.

I think bitcoins are going to stay very still for a long time. The small numbers of people using the currency basically means that it's going to be a very stable. The individual amounts exchanged don't usually exceed a few thousand dollars (and are generally under $500)

The initial exponential growth was due to every man and his dog getting excited and buying a little bit.
  • MEATMEAT Acolyte
    edited November 2011
    MEAT, i would love to know why you think the value of bitcoins is going to grow.

I think bitcoins are going to stay very still for a long time. The small numbers of people using the currency basically means that it's going to be a very stable. The individual amounts exchanged don't usually exceed a few thousand dollars (and are generally under $500)

The initial exponential growth was due to every man and his dog getting excited and buying a little bit.

I think it will boom when bitcoin becomes an accepted currency at online retailers, such as amazon and ebay.
    And I do not doubt that they will start accepting bitcoin in the near future, simply because it makes more sense for them, because bitcoins can be transferred directly to the seller, but handling a paper currency requires a bank.
  • edited November 2011
    Protip: If you've stolen a credit card (or even found one, in your case), NEVER order things to your OWN HOUSE! That's possibly the stupidest idea you could come up with - for god sake, order your stuff to a safe house somewhere. Somewhere that's not traceable to you, where you can watch for cops on the look-out (because who knows, they might be on your trail for using a stolen credit card), and where you can retrieve the goods with ease.

Ordering to your own house is just telling everybody that you stole the card, and telling them where you live :facepalm:
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited November 2011
    not if it was illegally sublet to me. (i am not a person according to society's standards)
    also i know it was stupid, i kind of want to go back to jail for a bit though and i was in a dark place.
    Anyway the delivery guy turned up and i am now enjoying the fruits of my labour.

Due to move house next week anyway

/end thread.
    edited November 2011
    MEAT wrote: »
    I think it will boom when bitcoin becomes an accepted currency at online retailers, such as amazon and ebay.
    And I do not doubt that they will start accepting bitcoin in the near future, simply because it makes more sense for them, because bitcoins can be transferred directly to the seller, but handling a paper currency requires a bank.

eBay is never going to take bitcoin Paypal and eBay are the same thing.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited November 2011
    00000 wrote: »
    not if it was illegally sublet to me. (i am not a person according to society's standards)
    also i know it was stupid, i kind of want to go back to jail for a bit though and i was in a dark place.
    Anyway the delivery guy turned up and i am now enjoying the fruits of my labour.

Due to move house next week anyway

/end thread.

Well you just posted your story on a public website. I'm sure any fed agent viewing this, worth their salt would be able to find you if they wanted to. So good luck with that.
    edited November 2011
    I can't belive how haphazard the OP is :facepalm:

Also, i doubt any US company is going to accept Bitcoins. The US gov likes to control people with finances (see wikileaks and Visa), a decentralized p2p currency like bitcoin will be a nightmare for them. Remember these companies still have to pay tax, the gov can make it very painful for them.

Also such a thing has already been tried with e-gold and was shut down exactly because people were doing what i suggested for you to do. It was also deemed an illegal currency. There's another company that suffered a similar fate (can't remember the name). They were all centralized and for-profit, as apposed to Bitcoins which is regarded as a public service (with very much the same motivations as Tor) by the cryptoanarchists.
  • edited November 2011
    On a few occasions I was lazy and carded a few things to my house, but only when using foreign CC's and ordering from foreign sites and purchases under $100 each.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited February 2013
    dunno how i didn't get caught for this
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2013
    You should have invested in Bitcoins at that point, seriously.
    edited February 2013
    you didn't get caught because they're laziness and completely lack a a sense of civic duty. It would cost them more to pursue it than refund the owner. You're lucky.
    edited November 2013
    Two years later, everything i said about bitcoin in this thread was wrong (almost)..
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2013
    Two years later, everything i said about bitcoin in this thread was wrong (almost)..

Yeah, fucking feds.