Ask Anything Thread (Mostly Site Related)

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    The rule of thumb has always been no name changes. If we do start doing it for one or a few then soon it will be the many.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited November 2011
    The rule of thumb has always been no name changes. If we do start doing it for one or a few then soon it will be the many.

Fair. It's just unfortunate that I can't register my name as (nameless one) to begin with.
    edited November 2011
    ^if that is the case then it is probabl a limitation in VBulletin.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2011
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if woodchuck could chuck wood? ..... oops! ((Mostly Site Related) ...... If the woodchuck were a member of totse?
  • edited November 2011
    I think Vbulletin doesn't allow spaces in names when you sign up. If you want a space added, you can always PM Dfg. I seem to remember a few other people doing it this way and it works totally fine :)
    edited November 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I think Vbulletin doesn't allow spaces in names when you sign up. If you want a space added, you can always PM Dfg. I seem to remember a few other people doing it this way and it works totally fine :)
    I have to use html when posting because VB doesn't play nicely with midori......:(
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    I've had this issue since the new domain. It's not a huge concern but wondered if there was an explanation for it. Just means I have to login twice :confused:

login.png
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited January 2012
    Are you using a bookmarked link?
    edited January 2012
    Yep. Maybe I should just go to the root page as opposed to "/bbs/"
    edited January 2012
    try making a new bookmark.
    edited January 2012
    Have tried that and the no /bbs/ to no success :(
    edited January 2012
    Mine logs in ok. must be something on your machine. Do you use a script block at all?
    edited January 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    Mine logs in ok. must be something on your machine. Do you use a script block at all?

Ah..yeeah, I remember once when I had Facebook that it proper fecked up my login. Could be that. Will just disable it for any &T related thing and give it a go :) Might just click on ads to support the funding, too. Doesn't bother me here.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Ah..yeeah, I remember once when I had Facebook that it proper fecked up my login. Could be that. Will just disable it for any &T related thing and give it a go :) Might just click on ads to support the funding, too. Doesn't bother me here.

We don't have ADs at the moment.

I will fix the redirect problem.
    edited January 2012
    I was gonna say, the AdBlock reconfiguration didn't do anything as I just logged in (obviously). Cheers for getting onto addressing it :)
    edited January 2012
    Seems to be sorted :) fankoo Dfg!
    edited January 2012
    Argh goddammit, it's back
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited February 2012
    Why doesn't your what's new and new posts update? It's at least 3 hours behind...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2012
    easy-e wrote: »
    Why doesn't your what's new and new posts update? It's at least 3 hours behind...
    Clear cache and cookies, it's a small fault with VB, I would have to do a revamp of it. I am currently working 18 hours a day,
  • easy-eeasy-e Acolyte
    edited February 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Clear cache and cookies, it's a small fault with VB, I would have to do a revamp of it. I am currently working 18 hours a day,
    Yeah, I work a lot too. It works fine on T2 and it's working fine today. Probably just a fluke yesterday.
  • battster222battster222 Semo-Regulars
    edited March 2012
    You guys are working fine now I see.

K, bye
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2012
    You guys are working fine now I see.

K, bye
    It was a prank :p
  • battster222battster222 Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2012
    It was a prank :p

Woo hoo!!! You geneuinly got me, when I tried to open this up in safari it didn't work, but firefox exposed you.

You win this round...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    Woo hoo!!! You geneuinly got me, when I tried to open this up in safari it didn't work, but firefox exposed you.

You win this round...

Blame Chippy it was his idea. I was planning something else but his idea seemed easier.
    edited April 2012
    DFG, have you been using my Totse2 account again dude?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    chippy wrote: »
    DFG, have you been using my Totse2 account again dude?

Now, don't you go off accusing me. You can't prove anything inspector.
    edited April 2012
    Ditto LOL.
    edited April 2012
    I still get that invalid redirect URL. Tried all sorts of things but only works if I login to reply to a thread etc when I don't get it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I still get that invalid redirect URL. Tried all sorts of things but only works if I login to reply to a thread etc when I don't get it.

There is a problem with the themes. And a bunch of other known issues. The only fix that I can find is disabling things and making a new theme which I am doing anyway.
    edited April 2012
    There is a problem with the themes. And a bunch of other known issues. The only fix that I can find is disabling things and making a new theme which I am doing anyway.
    I knew there were theme issues? detective.gif

If your creating a compatible theme for VB, could I possibly have the css and html for coloration mods. pl0x: :confused:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I knew there were theme issues? detective.gif

If your creating a compatible theme for VB, could I possibly have the css and html for coloration mods. pl0x: :confused:
    You would have full access to everything including FTP. Besides, /sandbox/ forum is already created for testing and playing around.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited May 2012
    So I was wondering--what happened to all the text files? Granted, they needed revamping, but there still seems to be a lack of content....that was my favorite part of the old totse tbh...trawling around finding random recipes to make meth. hahaha
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2012
    proudclod9 wrote: »
    So I was wondering--what happened to all the text files? Granted, they needed revamping, but there still seems to be a lack of content....that was my favorite part of the old totse tbh...trawling around finding random recipes to make meth. hahaha

As far as I know, they were removed. I know there was something mentioned about it a few months back.
  • CyberthaneCyberthane Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2012
    This site is still being working on, correct? I'll lend any assistance I can offer.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2012
    Cyberthane wrote: »
    This site is still being working on, correct? I'll lend any assistance I can offer.

Yep, we're working on it. Send me a PM and tell me what you're capable off.
  • MolecularSuperstructureMolecularSuperstructure Semo-Regulars
    edited May 2012
    Where is the forum for drugs? The post-BLTC if you will...
    edited May 2012
    Where is the forum for drugs? The post-BLTC if you will...

That would be here, http://www.totseans.com/bbs/forums/12-Chemical-Imbalance-Towers, however you will be unable to view it until your reach the 100 post mark.
  • edited May 2012
    Here's a question Dfg - when the frig are we going to get the place themed nicely so we can start getting new members interested? It's summer and I want some activity.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    Here's a question Dfg - when the frig are we going to get the place themed nicely so we can start getting new members interested? It's summer and I want some activity.

48 hours or more or less. I am waiting for 4.2 VB download files, once I get them I can upgrade the forum and then install the theme.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited January 2013
    in the rehab zone forum, is it acceptable to discuss any subject matter that would be in BLTC?
    also is skills equivalent to bad ideas and moan and groan also half baked?
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2013
    00000 wrote: »
    in the rehab zone forum, is it acceptable to discuss any subject matter that would be in BLTC?
    also is skills equivalent to bad ideas and moan and groan also half baked?

We're not sticklers, post what you like (legally). As we're a medium traffic site, you can just post in spurious. The categories are essentially a relic now that we have a "what's new " link.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited January 2013
    We're not sticklers, post what you like (legally). As we're a medium traffic site, you can just post in spurious. The categories are essentially a relic now that we have a "what's new " link.

^That, just post it where we can see it.
    edited January 2013
    Please don't fuck with the Toseans theme. I like it.... a lot... really......
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2013
    Wont then :)
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited March 2013
    a few questions,
    If i change subject title does it create a new thread?
    How do i delete threads?
    would u be able to delete this thread please mods?
    http://totseans.com/bbs/threads/24005-6?p=248184#post248184

ps
    i'm high in front of my computer unfortunately for myself and other www users.
    so i feel i must apologise for the &t spammage
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    a few questions,
    If i change subject title does it create a new thread?
    How do i delete threads?
    would u be able to delete this thread please mods?
    http://totseans.com/bbs/threads/24005-6?p=248184#post248184

ps
    i'm high in front of my computer unfortunately for myself and other www users.
    so i feel i must apologise for the &t spammage

Changing the title doesn't make a new thread, yes you can delete your threads. I don't mind spam anyway.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited March 2013
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited March 2013
    how?

There you should be a panel below the big blue button (new thread button). In there you will find thread options, or if you go to edit and go to Advance edit you can then edit the title.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited March 2013
    Can I haz thumbs up?

:P

I'm kinda just wondering how that works actually.