Swaying people's opinions through guilt

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited November 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Now this is an interesting one. Not really Bitching or Moaning, rather pointing something out which connects to a good ol' bitch and moan.

In Lectures today, on the Holocaust, we were looking at how Jews are shown in films throughout the 20th century after the Holocaust, and here is a photo of the class I got.
Lecture.jpg

Basically, people were saying that Jews are shown as weak and almost feminine-like as they have been picked on throughout History, although forgetting that they came out quite well off with the state of Isreal.
Now I know it's not a popular point to make, and I sit there biting my tongue so hard I could just go straight through it. However after making some comments and my peers around me slowly moving away as each week comes, leaving me a right loner, I said the exact same views, but just with the (true) prefix of "My Jewish Grandmother thinks/says..."

Well wouldn't you know it. People actually started to agree with me. Isn't it so bad that you must stoop that low to prove a point? Nobody questioned Steven Spielberg making a Jewish film, or the movie "Inglorious Basterds" which we looked at and how flat-out violence from Jews is celebrated, although people would agree that the term "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

Get the phrase right and you can sway anyone, especially bleeding-heart Liberal Students :facepalm:

Comments