Jeremy Clarkson, ultimate troll, says strikers/protesters should be shot

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Man, I do like Jeremy Clarkson. I may not totally agree with his views here, but then again I'm not a fan of the strikes, and Clarkson was recorded saying this on "The One Show"
Jeremy Clarkson should be sacked by the BBC over his "appalling" comments about killing striking public sector workers, trade union Unison has said.

The union said it was considering reporting the Top Gear presenter to the police over comments on The One Show.

Seriously, grow a fucking pair. Learn to laugh at life and actually get somewhere with these strikes.

Source and video.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    We should report to BBC and support Clarkson.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    This in regards to Jeremy Clarkson remark on BBC One Show; “I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families."

I think people should learn to accept different opinions and not get angry whenever someone comments on something. Please do not sack or take action against Mr. Clarkson. These people just don’t get the idea of humor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ifs/hi/feedback/default.stm
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, what the fuck? It's humour, it's funny! Besides, even if he did mean it, it's just someone expressing an opinion. Not exactly something to get in a huff about :facepalm:

Who wants to write a letter to the BBC?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I gladly would :)
  • boggleboggle Acolyte
    edited December 2011
    Not exactly the worst thing he has said and so far the BBC are letting him do his thing.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
    He's had to apologise. One of the unions was taking legal advice, they were going to prosecute.
  • JackedJacked Regular
    edited December 2011
    Personally I think what he said was preety harsh even for a joke "shot in front of their families"? Like c'mon might as well say " and may all their pubesent daughters be ravaged by hairy Albanian men!". As if it wouldn't cause an uproar amongst whinging poms
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Lol I dunno, Jacked. That would be on the racism cards. Then again, Clarkson hasn't shyed away from that one before.
    To those who don't know, here are some his other fine moments. Just don't read the comments. They're written by 12 year old Nationalists.
  • boggleboggle Acolyte
    edited December 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    Lol I dunno, Jacked. That would be on the racism cards. Then again, Clarkson hasn't shyed away from that one before.
    To those who don't know, here are some his other fine moments. Just don't read the comments. They're written by 12 year old Nationalists.

Hehe, good read. People get upset too easy
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Aye, while I can see it was said in jest the words "shot in front of their families" are quite harsh. Still, it was funny :p
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
    Clarkson is a national treasure.