Any Totseans been on strike today?

GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
No college for me today because of nationwide strikes. In case you American (or other) cousins havent heard, there have been public sector strikes all over Britain today due to the change in pension plan :)

More info here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13932304

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2011
    Good on you guys, that is what should have happened here when several states took collective bargaining rights from state and city workers.
  • LysdexicLysdexic Regular
    edited December 2011
    Last year my pension fund was cut in exactally the same way, when we were planning go on strike we were told to stop being gready.

Was doing my shopping and was tempted to yell abuse at the wankers, how ever a homeless guy beat me to it with "at least you have jobs to go to".
  • MeloncholyMeloncholy Regular
    edited December 2011
    There was a massive surge in shopping centre and highstreet footfall on the day of the 'strikes' as millions who had the day of work to protest that they're supposedly being pushed towards the breadline by government cuts went shopping instead. Says it all really.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Meloncholy wrote: »
    There was a massive surge in shopping centre and highstreet footfall on the day of the 'strikes' as millions who had the day of work to protest that they're supposedly being pushed towards the breadline by government cuts went shopping instead. Says it all really.

QFT
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    I work in the public sector, have done for a few years now and did not go on strike. The only person that did in the office that I work is the union rep. Some of the stuff the unions have been putting out is little more than lies, our organisation had a metting a few weeks back and all you heard from the union lot was it was caused by 'greedy bankers'. Being the kind of guy that I am, I pointed out if they did a root cause analysis they would see it was down to the fact of the Gramm Leach act, which might have been a good thing had the values of currency been based on a tangeble asset rather than fresh air. I then asked them to explain exactly how public sector pensions work in the UK, which they could not so I explained how unfunded pension schemes actually work. Fucking idiots do not have a clue what they talk about.

Clarkson should have got a medal for what he said.