Lets re-organize my room.

PacoPaco me administrator
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Here is a photoshop drawing of my current room layout.
room.jpg

It's not perfectly to scale, but you get the gist of it. The green box is my router, which needs to be somewhat close to the phone jack marked by the red circle. Therefore the router, irc server and my desk with my PC need to be somewhere around the red circle. The blue circles represent outlets to plug shit into, i have 3 power strips to work with as well. I don't actually have a desk like the one i drew yet, its sitting in my garage waiting for me to put it together after I plan out where its going, but thats where my current desk is. I obviously cant block off the door or my closet door and the lizard cage needs to be near at least one of the windows so he can get some natural sunlight.

Have Fun :)

You can either chop up that picture in Paint or something like that OR you can use this PSD

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30996330/room.psd

All the pieces of furniture are their own layer, for easy movement and rotation.

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited December 2011
    LOl no wonder kids dont leave home these days.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited December 2011
    Where did that come from? I just got a new desk and a bigger bed so I want to change everything around. I'm bored and figured i'd let someone else do it for me.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited December 2011
  • mafiabromafiabro Regular
    edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    angryonion wrote: »
    LOL
    Still don't see why you are laughing, but okay.
    mafiabro wrote: »
    3310l6b.jpg
    It's perfect.
    edited December 2011
    The lack of suggestions makes me sad.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Id replace the Lizard cage with the bed and have the random table near the bed. Other than that, its a good layout and I like the way you've desk and bookcase close to each-other :)
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    Make a cover for the parts washer with 1" ply and you will be able to use it as a workbench. I would probably put some cheap laminate flooring down too as oil and metal swarf are a fucker to get out of carpets.

35n0y1f.jpg

You could just drown your reptiles in a bin full of water but logic says sell them, that way you can buy your parts washer and tools. If you really want to get into it, swap the fridge for a freezer, it will come in handy for when you are putting new ring gear on flywheels and the like.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited December 2011
    Bed opposite window and infront of door is a bad idea for at least two reasons:

1. Sun will wake him up (if the window has an eastern aspect, he did not mention)

2. He will get caught spoiling himself when some one walks in on him.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    Bed opposite window and infront of door is a bad idea for at least two reasons:

1. Sun will wake him up (if the window has an eastern aspect, he did not mention)

2. He will get caught spoiling himself when some one walks in on him.

I wanted him to fap less hence the decision, according wikipedia, Paco is a chronic fapster
    edited December 2011
    Who faps in bed?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Paco wrote: »
    Who faps in bed?
    I do and I know you do besides your user titles shows it.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Who faps in bed?

Me.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited December 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I do and I know you do besides your user titles shows it.

Oh real nice:facepalm:

Fapping in bed? whaka yeah!
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited December 2011
    That's a pretty big room!!! I could've done better if things were to scale, but I think I still got my general idea across. With a space as big as that one appears to be, I probably would have a piece of furniture in the middle of the room to break it up.

roomou.jpg
    Depending on the table, you could even tuck the IRC server under it. The router is tucked under the bed, again, depending on clearances you could even tuck it under the table.
    Turquoise is the phone connection to the router, and yellow is Ethernet cable. Don't be afraid to run cabling along walls. I have baseboard heating, and I ran wires underneath them and you wouldn't even know they were there.
    edited December 2011
    Oh shit, I forgot the bookcase.
    edited December 2011
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited December 2011
    I like having a bed by my window, you can look outside in the mornings and watch the world wake up :)
  • fagfag Regular
    edited December 2011
    Put the desk/pc and shit in the bottom left corner. It's a corner fucking desk, after all. Run extension wires to the red spot if you need to.

Then build a platform, and mount your bed above your desk in the corner. $20 worth of 4x4 boards, some lag screws, and you've got it done like a boss.

Leave the book case near the bed so that you can also use it as a bed-accessible shelf for lube and your strap-on.

Then set the lizard cage on top of the fridge, and set that by the computer desk, under the window. That way he gets good radiant heat from the fridge, and you can get drinks while at your desk without having to get off your ass.

Then put the IRC server and dresser inside the closet, that way your room is less constipated. Seriously, you don't need that shit in the open.

Put the small table by the door, use it as a place to stash your essential items, (where the fridge currently is). Wallet, keys, etc. Leave that shit by the door so it's easy to find on your way out.

That will pretty much leave you with a nice 10x10 space on the right side of your room near the door, which you can use to do yoga and shit.

planzte.jpg

Or Plan B, which involves no platform.
    1. Throw out the fucking lizard cage and let the poor reptile go.
    2. Fridge by door so you have a place for keys and shit on the way out.
    3. Corner. Fucking. Desk.
    3a. IRC server and Dresser in closet.
    4. Table by bed so you can use it for lube and strap-on.

planbv.jpg
    edited December 2011
    How did you know I do yoga?

The IRC server is actually under my desk. Why would I put a bookcase in front of my window?
  • fagfag Regular
    edited December 2011
    The IRC server is actually under my desk. Why would I put a bookcase in front of my window?

In that case, leave it under the desk. I must admit, I didn't really take the windows into consideration. I actually keep my bedroom windows covered up with thick dark blankets.
    edited December 2011
    I usually do too but I need to leave one uncovered for my lizard and the other one has my AC in it for the summer time.
  • Sarahlov3lySarahlov3ly Regular
    edited December 2011
    move the mini fridge further away from your bed fattty :p
    edited December 2011
    The only thing in my fridge is Mtn Dew and Booze.
    edited December 2011
    Hey Dfg, Do you ever plan on changing my user title back?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2011
    Hey Dfg, Do you ever plan on changing my user title back?
    As you wish Lord Paco
    edited December 2011
    Psh, might as well just make me administrator while you are at it.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited December 2011
    Psh, might as well just make me administrator while you are at it.

as you wish
    edited December 2011
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited December 2011
    Hehehe, shenanigans.