#Occupy banter

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited December 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Nothing quite like trolling Occupy Wall Street protesters. Opie Radio has just done the job I wanted to.

It's news and politics, but it's also entertainment that I found on the web :hai:

I feel a bit sorry for the bear girl. I'd tap that.

This is one whereby a guy/girl/thing denies that Mao and Stalin killed millions :facepalm:

Now I'm sure there are legitimate protesters there, but these are just funny and fail as hell.

More, and a mention on how Obama killed an American Citizen abroad :hai:

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited October 2011
    I was reading a tech piece about how these guys were powering their Macs and iphones (literally all i* products) with a pedal generator. Some guy went out of his way to praise Apple.

These people are protesting about how large corporations (Apple) are bleeding them dry (They have iphones) and I just facepalmed. Why don't they see the irony at all?

I'm largely sympathetic to anything that attempts to keep government on its toes but holy shit, are these guys a bunch of obnoxious yuppies/hipsters or what? No one they have no money. They spend it all on fair-trade cotton and macbooks.

Regardless, their presence is useful - perhaps it will move America to the left a little.

Originally i assumed this is how New-Yorkers look like, but i realised that wasn't true. New-Yorkers do have a certian look though, don't they?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Yeah I wasn't sure whether to say it was Wall Street (as there are some videos from elsewhere) but you've got a point. The amount of "hurrdurr down with corporations" that they spout is total hypocrisy. It's as though an Apple cult has taken over.
    Like you said, things that keep Governments on their feet are always good, but this has just lost focus and is now spreading to places like Taiwan, London etc.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    I was reading a tech piece about how these guys were powering their Macs and iphones (literally all i* products) with a pedal generator. Some guy went out of his way to praise Apple.

These people are protesting about how large corporations (Apple) are bleeding them dry (They have iphones) and I just facepalmed. Why don't they see the irony at all?

I'm largely sympathetic to anything that attempts to keep government on its toes but holy shit, are these guys a bunch of obnoxious yuppies/hipsters or what? No one they have no money. They spend it all on fair-trade cotton and macbooks.

Regardless, their presence is useful - perhaps it will move America to the left a little.

Originally i assumed this is how New-Yorkers look like, but i realised that wasn't true. New-Yorkers do have a certian look though, don't they?

Why would you want any nation moved to the left FFS?
  • juggjugg Regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm sure allot of the oddballs in those videos were there long before the protests started and are just in it for the free food. What I would like to know is the ratio between the homeless looking for a place to sleep/eat and actual protestors. The sad thing is that when you discredit the protest by saying it all just a bunch of "hipsters" etc... people see that and it will start to loose momentum.

I wonder if it is a actual protest or a small group of protesters that became homeless magnets.

Either way the video was entertaining, and damming to the protest.
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    I saw those videos as a ploy to discredit what's going on all that guy did was make fun andbe an ass .. He dint search for real protesters or ask any real questions ... He should be banned for being a troll
  • GotTwoThumbsGotTwoThumbs Regular
    edited December 2011
    SWIM wants to mow these guys down with a car. CRITICAL MASS FTW LLOLZ