First is first.. Put in your application and/or resume to the specified job you want. Before doing this make sure your an applicable candidate.
If you don't know how to make a resume go to google and search "Resume maker" or "how do I make a resume"
Assuming you did the above and one day the phone rings!! It's the company you applied for and they want to schedule an interview!! Uhhh?? So Now what?!?
Ahhh yes the interview, The most important part of getting the job unless you know somebody.
I once got into a great company, I had to interview in front of 5 executives. They were only hiring 1 person and they interviewed 28 people for the position. I had no experience in the line of work I was applying for nor did I know anyone that worked there. People used to ask me all the time.. So which one of these guys is your uncle that got you in.. Or how the hell did you get hired? Once I got in i realized that everyone who worked there either knew someone or they had lots of experience.. How did I do it?
Positive Body Language Vibes
- STUDY STUDY STUDY the company and whatever they do so when you have the interview you seem educated about their services.
- Bring in a notebook and a pen and take notes on what they are talking about.
- Show up 15 minutes early.
- Dress nice!! A suit is always the best choice (depending on the job) I wouldn't wear a suit if I was interviewing at McDonalds
- Be very courteous and ask questions
- Google "interview questions" prepare answers for them and make sure you remember what your going to say
- Show interest!
- Have a nice fancy resume
- Print your resume out on nice paper
- Bring at least 10 copies of your resume
- Get a good night of sleep before and have a big breakfast
- Blow the manager (I never had to do this but If you want the job that badly I'm sure it will get you in)
- A firm handshake will give them a positive feel about you
- Study body language so you can give off a positive vibe
- Just prepare! Like your interviewing for a position that will determine life or death
- Did I mention STUDYING the company's services? Google that shit.. You should be able to walk into that interview and know more about that company then the person interviewing you does
- Make sure before you leave they have your phone number and email address
- Call back in a week or two to check up on the Job if you haven't heard anything yet
- Keep your head up and towards the interviewer, Don't look at the ceiling, out the window or down at the table etc. for extended periods of time
- Keep your hands still or nicely folded
- Remain seated! Don't fidget around
- Good eye contact but remember its not a staring contest
- Nod to show your paying attention but don't nod at every little thing he/she says
- Keep your hands/palms open don't clench a fist if your hands are unfolded
- Avoid scratching your face or other body parts
- Smile! Even tho your probably not on camera
- Keep your mouth closed (literally) unless speaking of course duh
If you follow these steps I think you will get that job! Good luck