Rick Perry, you dirty sod!

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited January 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Just watching the telly and saw this. Shame some other future Presidents Fathers, or past for that matter, didn't pull out.
IMG_20120119_145108%20%28Small%29.jpg

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited January 2012
    The field of choices we have for president sucks with the sole exception of Ron Paul who the media is ignoring.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Word. I was talking to my Dad about Ron Paul today, or any other Libertarian-based candidate (as my Family are very Libertarian-leaning) and taught him something. Dad said things like "Governments restrict your rights, and that's fine when it comes to murder, but it's not up to them to look at the details. If you want to smoke a joint, or be reckless then it's natural selection. Americans are a bit of a special breed and their Government said they have rights from the Constitution - but if anything you should have those rights as a Human Being. Obviously there are debates over bearing arms and other aspects of the Constitution like Prohibition, but come on. You only live once"

This is coming from a guy with no formal education and I hardly ever see. In essence, I think he was converted, especially when I mentioned Ron Paul's stance on abortion, but the ability to allow people to have one if they wish. That's how life should be. It's the Mother and Father's choice, not anyone elses - and I know it's a tough one as a friend was changed for life because of one. It should not be something that people can gain votes on when there are families out there where the Mother knows she made a mistake, and cannot support a baby, and is being flooded with propaganda out of some plastic-Presidents mouth. It actually makes me sick.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited January 2012
    Sorry to say this, but "Perry Pulls Out" and that womans facial expression go so well together.
    edited January 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Word. I was talking to my Dad about Ron Paul today, or any other Libertarian-based candidate (as my Family are very Libertarian-leaning) and taught him something. Dad said things like "Governments restrict your rights, and that's fine when it comes to murder, but it's not up to them to look at the details. If you want to smoke a joint, or be reckless then it's natural selection. Americans are a bit of a special breed and their Government said they have rights from the Constitution - but if anything you should have those rights as a Human Being. Obviously there are debates over bearing arms and other aspects of the Constitution like Prohibition, but come on. You only live once"

This is coming from a guy with no formal education and I hardly ever see. In essence, I think he was converted, especially when I mentioned Ron Paul's stance on abortion, but the ability to allow people to have one if they wish. That's how life should be. It's the Mother and Father's choice, not anyone elses - and I know it's a tough one as a friend was changed for life because of one. It should not be something that people can gain votes on when there are families out there where the Mother knows she made a mistake, and cannot support a baby, and is being flooded with propaganda out of some plastic-Presidents mouth. It actually makes me sick.

Ron Paul is not really a libertarian. He is a more of a staunch constitutional conservative who wants to return this nation to the democratic republic which the Constitution defines and pull it back from the gaping maws of soicilaism which it is dangling over so pertinaciously.

" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, ..."
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2012
    we have: Santorum, Gingrich, Paul and Romney.

Santorum is out because he's a retarted kind "social conservative". unelectable
    Paul is (unfortunately) stillborn, too radical for the masses. Radical
    Gingrich is GWB in a pig suite. Narcissistic

and we have Romney. The best candidate out of a dud lot.
    Things he has going for him:
    > Charisma
    > Momentum
    > Relatively “Middle ground".

Things against:

> He does things rich people do. Things we hate.
    edited January 2012
    we have: Santorum, Gingrich, Paul and Romney.

Santorum is out because he's a retarted kind "social conservative". unelectable
    Paul is (unfortunately) stillborn, too radical for the masses. Radical
    Gingrich is GWB in a pig suite. Narcissistic

and we have Romney. The best candidate out of a dud lot.
    Things he has going for him:
    > Charisma
    > Momentum
    > Relatively “Middle ground".

Things against:

> He does things rich people do. Things we hate.

Can you please elaborate on how Ron Paul is a radical? I mean how is wanting to run the country according to the highest law in the land rather than according to the whims of those who contribute to the winners campaign a radical concept?
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited January 2012
    Can you please elaborate on how Ron Paul is a radical? I mean how is wanting to run the country according to the highest law in the land rather than according to the whims of those who contribute to the winners campaign a radical concept?

I think Ron Paul is good for American interests. Most people are resistant to meaningful change, they balk at his policies. Things like abolishing the education department and the federal reserve. He wants to significantly change the structure of government - this is the definition of radical. American government has evolved into it's current state over hundreds of years. Paul wants to replace it within four. That untested form of change scares a lot of people.

Even his own Republican party boos him.

On a side note, Paul's policies are a disaster for Australia. Everything we do, our politics, our foreign relations, our business ties and even our society is all based on the belief that the US has our back. Our government might be less likely to criticize China's Human Rights record without America's long arms.
    edited January 2012
    I can see what you mean about the radical in 4 years - which is why I still disagree with any form of effective politics being held within that timeframe. All it is is a shit juggling contest whereby one blames the other for the past 4 years.
    However, I hope America will wake up and realise that some things need to change. The USA was built on freedoms (insert George Carlin video on Slavery here) which have slowly been bent and crippled beyond recognition without any resistance. At least not any effective resistance.

Damn guys, come on. You have enough firearms! Glad I'm not a US Citizen as I'm a loose cannon.
    Oh, and did I mention I may be going to New York this year? Been offered to go but I hate the fact I'll be assraped on the way in and out of the Country due to personal ties with people which has put me off. That's how scared I am of that place.
    edited January 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I can see what you mean about the radical in 4 years - which is why I still disagree with any form of effective politics being held within that timeframe. All it is is a shit juggling contest whereby one blames the other for the past 4 years.
    However, I hope America will wake up and realise that some things need to change. The USA was built on freedoms (insert George Carlin video on Slavery here) which have slowly been bent and crippled beyond recognition without any resistance. At least not any effective resistance.

Damn guys, come on. You have enough firearms! Glad I'm not a US Citizen as I'm a loose cannon.
    Oh, and did I mention I may be going to New York this year? Been offered to go but I hate the fact I'll be assraped on the way in and out of the Country due to personal ties with people which has put me off. That's how scared I am of that place.

If you come to the states we are definitely hooking up. I may even get you a fake ID, some hair dye, and a can of spray tan. Then rename you Roberto Hernandez Heredia and keep you here as my illegal Hispanic houseboy.
    edited January 2012
    Just give me the nickname "Dick Swivler" and I'm all yours. I am seriously thinking about it as I want to see some people I've spent so long talking to over the years.
    Will call my Uncle today. It;s originally for medical treatment (Jewish family history yada yada), but fuck it, may as well make a holiday out of it. Glad I'm 21 ;)