The dark web: Guns and drugs for sale on the internet's secret black market

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited February 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Written by a guy from "5 live", a Sports subdivision of the BBC which has right-wing tendencies, has done a piece on the .onion part of the Web. Bit shit as it will mean an new "tsun00bie" of people flooding the dark web which is already under enough stress with the whole SOPA and ACTA legislation (Silk Road difficulties in the past, to name a site).
Anyway, to the point - this "expose" pisses me off. Here it is. Note there is nothing about the vast libraries and archives of useful, little-known info - rather drugs, weapons and other illegal activities. That's like me saying "phones are evil because there are some wank-lines, drug dealers and other naughty things" and getting a positive reaction from it :facepalm:
Out of reach of regular internet searches is the secretive online world known as the 'dark web' - anonymous, virtually untraceable global networks used by political activists and criminals alike.

"You have the availability of multiple dealers so you can compare products - and customers can review the dealer's product, too."

American student, David - not his real name - explains why he chooses to buy illegal drugs on the so-called 'dark web'.

Source.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited February 2012
    This is just the tip of the iceberg. They need to use the media to generate fear. The the sheeple will cry to them, "Please protect us ad our children from the evil dark web". Then the world governments will give them what they asked for in the form of tighter government control. They have been pulling this shit since ancient Babylon and people still don't see through it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2012
    Bunch of idiots, really. Next they will complain about my morning wood.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited February 2012
    icebergdeepweb.jpg

Funny, I was just talking about this to some kid in my web design class. Out of nowhere he asked the teacher if he knew what the deep web was, no one in the room had any idea what it was, i laughed a little so he figured I did. Long story short, we are friends now.