Newt Gingrich is an Idiot

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Newt Gingrich is pinning the future of his presidential campaign on a good showing today in Tennessee and his home state of Georgia. A risky move.
"I have to win Georgia, I think, to be credible in the race," Gingrich told a group of business leaders in Atlanta last week.
Gingrich also acknowledged on Monday that winning Georgia alone isn't good enough. Since Newt's time on the campaign trail may soon be coming to an end, we wanted to reflect on 12 stupidest things he said during his presidential campaign:

12. "By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon, and it will be American," Gingrich said during a campaign event on Florida's space coast. Jan. 25, 2012.
11. "The best economic advisor I'll have is me," Gingrich said at a conservative gathering in Des Moines, Iowa while criticizing the Obama administration’s economic policies. Oct. 4, 2011. (Gingrich didn't mention his "revolving charge account" at Tiffany's, on which he owed up to half a million dollars in 2005 and 2006.)
10. "We have invented the Palestinian people," Gingrich claimed in an interview with The Jewish Channel. The full quote was, “Remember, there was no Palestine as a state. It was part of the Ottoman Empire. We have invented the Palestinian people, who are in fact Arabs and are historically part of the Arab people, and they had the chance to go many places.” Dec. 7, 2011.
9. "Politics has become a really nasty, vicious, negative business and I think it’s disgusting and I think it’s dishonest," Gingrich told ABC News during an interview on his campaign bus in Iowa. Dec. 30, 2011. (To borrow a phrase from "SNL's" Weekend Update – Really Newt Gingrich, Really?!)
8. "If you’d like $2.50-a-gallon gas and [energy] independence, you vote for Newt," Gingrich promising to lower gas prices at a rally in Dalton, Ga. Feb. 28, 2012.
7. "Go get a job right after you take a bath," Gingrich taking on the Occupy movement at a conservative forum in Des Moines, Iowa. Nov. 19, 2011.
6. "And so I'm prepared, if the NAACP invites me, I'll go to their convention and talk about why the African-American community should demand paychecks and not be satisfied with food stamps," Gingrich perpetuating stereotypes during an appearance in Plymouth, N.H. Jan. 5, 2012.
5. "What if they became assistant janitors and their jobs were to mop the floor and clean the bathroom?" Gingrich on allowing poor children to earn money by working in their schools. Dec. 1, 2011.
4. "But I just want to point out, you did not once in the 2008 campaign, not once did anybody in the elite media ask why Barack Obama voted in favor of legalizing infanticide," Gingrich accused in response to a question about birth-control during a Republican debate in Arizona. Feb. 22, 2012.
3. "This is a real danger. This is not science fiction. That’s why I think it’s very important that we have the strongest possible national security," Gingrich warning of an Iranian nuclear attack on Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati or New York. Feb. 8, 2012. [U.S. intelligence analysts continue to assert that there is no hard evidence that Iran is building a nuclear bomb.]
2. "I'm a little bit tired about respecting every religion on the planet. I’d like them to respect our religion," Gingrich at a campaign stop in Florida. Jan. 30, 2012.
1. "I am going to be the nominee," Gingrich told ABC News on Dec. 1, 2011.

Via http://current.com/groups/news-blog/93693235_12-stupidest-things-gingrich-said-during-his-campaign.htm

I mean COME ON now.

Comments

• fagfag Regular
    edited March 2012
    I do like the idea of a moonbase. I don't think it's worth putting up with this asshole for 7+ years though.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited March 2012
    There is already a base on the moon but it does not belong to Earth.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited March 2012
    ^^^ This.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited March 2012
    This ^^^
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2012
    I actually like Gingrich. He's a true conservative unlike Romney. He is an excellent debater who would crush Obama in the election. He has a proven record as speaker of the house and has shown he can balance the budget. That ethics charge was minor bullshit compared to what democrats have done. That being said I still support Santorum over any of them.
    edited March 2012
    Ron Paul or freedom dies world wide next year.
  • chippychippy <b style="color:pink;">Global Moderator</b>
    edited March 2012
    ^^^ This, but not wholehartedly. I think the path the American government is currently persuing is suicidal. It's not going to take a giant leap for the govenments of the rest of the world to unite against some of the attitudes to war. The last few conflicts have been on the edge of legal. Mistakes have been made. I think the attitude in europe at least is that we are getting weary of all the conflict.
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited March 2012
    As much as we all love Ron Paul, He will never be president. He himself has accepted that fact, but he sticks it out anyway. If anything, his purpose in the race is to pull the rest of the republican candidates a tiny bit closer to his views.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited March 2012
    Ron Paul or freedom dies world wide next year.

I agree with Ron paul on some positions but some of his ideas are to disastrous for me to support him such as his weak foreign policy.
    edited March 2012
    If by weak foreign policy you mean minding our own business and stop using are armed forces in unconstitutional wars that are not declared by congress how do you find that to be too disastrous? It is the 4 unlawful wars we have fought since WWII and sticking our nose into Europe's problems not once but twice in the 1st half of the 20th century that have led us to the brink of financial disaster. This is all done so that nation will borrow money from the international banks making them richer and every nation in the world poorer. Ron Paul would take Dwight D. Eisenhower's advice which he offered the country in his exit speak. Ike warned us of the perils of the military industrial machine and we have ignored it for over 50 years. You can see them bleeding us dry and Ron Paul would put a stop to that. If we closed every base we have expect in the U.S. it would make us stronger not weaker. Our military is overextend both in manpower and money. This is the same situation that the Kaiser found himself in around 1916. For as Marcus Tullius Cicero said, "The sinews of war are infinite money". We are running short on sinew and it is bleeding our people dry. For every one person currently working in the U.S. there are two on food stamps. That is the highest that ratio has ever been. Chester I admire that you try to think in the political arena but you need to think for yourself and stop letting the media scare mongers beat your drum and drive your train of thought.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited April 2012
    ^
    Walk softly/carry a big stick.