Maryland: Republican has a change of heart after sitting next to gay couple

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited April 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Now this is an interesting read. I know not all Republicans are gay-bashing nutjobs, but it's nice for once to see some positive news, especially with Santorum being such a bellend :)
A chance shake-up of Maryland House of Delegates seating assignments brought Republican Wade Kach face to face with gay couples who had come to make the case for a gay marriage law, and might have proved decisive in its final passage through the state's General Assembly on Thursday.

In an effort to get the bill to the House floor, a special joint committee was formed and legislators were left scrambling for seats. Kach, who had previously backed attempts to define marriage as between one man and one woman, found a space right next to the witness table.

Source.

Comments

• imoscardotcomimoscardotcom Acolyte
    edited March 2012
    As a resident of Maryland I'm disgusted but not surprised that this passed. It's just a further step towards our moral decay as a nation. The sad part is that sooner or later every state is going to legalize it. The fact remains that it's a deviant lifestyle and to encourage it is wrong. Whats even worse is that now states are letting these perverts adopt and were teaching kids beginning from elementary school that this is acceptable or even cool.

Mind explaining whats so wrong with it? I don't see how gay people are any shittier at parenting than the rest of the population. What specifically makes it wrong?

Hate to break it to ya, but your posting on what could be described as a deviant website. :eek:
    edited March 2012
    One problem is how it will fuck with the kids. Growing up with parents whose whole relationship is centered around an abomination isn't going to give the kid a good life. The child will be raised to think that this is an acceptable lifestyle. How do you think his peers will react when they find out little timmy has 2 daddies? America is like a house and morality is a big part of our foundation. Once you chip away at that foundation enough the whole house crumbles. I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman only. If they want to call it something else like a civil union then fine but dont call it marriage and dont adopt kids.

What makes it an unacceptable lifestyle though? Any relations that aren't between a man and a woman, or a woman and a woman (:D), personally gross me out, but despite my mild disgust for it, I don't see how it could really effect mine or anybody else's life, including the kids. The only problems I can see, are the result of the social stigma surrounding it, not the relationship itself. If we break the stigma, they'll just be like any other parents in my eyes.

But hey, that's just my opinion. Maybe there is some legitimate reason for why they shouldn't have kids that I'm just not seeing. I certainly wouldn't consider myself an expert on relationships, gay ones especially.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited March 2012
    As good as your arguments are, imoscardotcom, DirtySanchez is known round these parts as a total troll. It's like pissing in the wind.
    edited March 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    As good as your arguments are, imoscardotcom, DirtySanchez is known round these parts as a total troll. It's like pissing in the wind.

Maybe he has been, the only posts I've seen of his have seemed genuine though. Besides, there are still plenty of people around the world; and in the states especially, who still have similar mindsets. So perhaps my post can still serve a purpose either way.
  • proudclod9proudclod9 Regular
    edited April 2012
    Maybe dirty's parents were gay and tried to force him to be that way.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited April 2012
    How do you think his peers will react when they find out little timmy has 2 daddies?

So they shouldn't adopt kids because people like you will make fun of them? Kids aren't homophobic by nature, that's something instilled by bad parents.