Game of Thrones, The Books & The Series

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I started reading the books back in March. The books are really, I mean REALLY long. Each book is around 30 hours and it contains drama, action, love and tons of other stuff. It's honestly jam packed with emotions and what not. The book isn't centered on one person, you can't say this guy will win in the end or he will be victorious or he will slay dragons. Nope, expect the unexpected, the characters get in so much depressive problems that at the end of the book you just want to stab yourself. I actually wouldn't recommend anyone to read the books if they want to get motivated, you won't find any positive energy in these books. It's just sadness after sadness.

But that's the beauty of the books, you see something realistic and you immerse yourself in a different world.

The Series is exciting as well. I haven't complete Season 1, the books drained me completely. I think I need to start listening to book 3.

My head hurts right now but I will add more content late on. Since I can't post torrents OPENLY, anyone interested in the books can contact me via PM or just use Demonoid.ph.

Comments

• ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited June 2012
    I haven't read the books but I watch the series on tv. The last 2 episodes were fucking AMAZING. I cannot wait for the next season.
  • CloudcatCloudcat Regular
    edited June 2012
    I have it downloaded but I haven't watched it yet. I heard there's incest in it. That's hot.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Cloudcat wrote: »
    I have it downloaded but I haven't watched it yet. I heard there's incest in it. That's hot.

Tons of incest, in fact the whole book is filled with incest.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    I have been grabbing it every week from IPT. I know it was literature before it was film but it lends itself perfectly to HBO. What I mean by that is that one of the signatures of many HBO miniseries is the fact that they kill of major supporting characters that the audience has invested in emotionally and reverse the fortunes of others on a regular basis. This has the effect of causing the viewer the hate that they love a character for fear they may be killed or dealt really shitty twist of fate. While at the same time making them love that they hate a character knowing that while they may enjoy the upper hand for now, with no hope for their foes to overcome them, that there is an equal chance an unforeseen plot twist may yet destroy this villain.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I have been grabbing it every week from IPT. I know it was literature before it was film but it lends itself perfectly to HBO. What I mean by that is that one of the signatures of many HBO miniseries is the fact that they kill of major supporting characters that the audience has invested in emotionally and reverse the fortunes of others on a regular basis. This has the effect of causing the viewer the hate that they love a character for fear they may be killed or dealt really shitty twist of fate. While at the same time making them love that they hate a character knowing that while they may enjoy the upper hand for now, with no hope for their foes to overcome them, that there is an equal chance an unforeseen plot twist may yet destroy this villain.

Trust me, you will cry in the future seasons. So much pain and suffering. I stopped reading the books because they would really depress the fuck out of you.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, but you have feelings.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, but you have feelings.

Well played sir, well played.