Avoid Being an Idiot

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I got slapped by my telephone company for being a dick. As you may recall I used to talk some girl for hours on my land line. Unfortunately she didn't bother using Skype and I could only call her using Cell phone or the damn telephone. Now, this month I planned to buy HDD which is really essential for me and now I just get this huge fucking bill, 9900 Rupees which equals to the 1TB Hard disk I was buying. And now, I am like what the fuck!

Totally screwed everything up, I mean fuck I got the bitter end of the stick anyway. In short, another lesson learned. Avoid falling in love an even if you do, FUCKING USE COMMON SENSE. I will just ask dad to cover the expenses because Hard disk is sort of required and then I will pay him back. But this sucks. BIG TIME!

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    How far away does she live dude?
  • edited June 2012
    Jesus. Always use Skype! I made this mistake before when I was too young to understand phone bills and stuff... I recall RemadE's sister doing something similar ;) (Yeah she was calling me bro). Oh well, you live and learn Dfg! Also your currency is whack dawg, 9900 rupees sounds like so much money. When in reality a 1TB HDD costs about £40-50 here in the UK. Now, which one is easier to remember! Write a letter to your country telling them to get a better currency.

What the fuck am I rambling about?!

Tl;dr - Use Skype.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    How far away does she live dude?

30 minute drive. The calls were from the May. You pay the May bill in June.
    trx100 wrote: »
    Jesus. Always use Skype! I made this mistake before when I was too young to understand phone bills and stuff... I recall RemadE's sister doing something similar ;) (Yeah she was calling me bro). Oh well, you live and learn Dfg! Also your currency is whack dawg, 9900 rupees sounds like so much money. When in reality a 1TB HDD costs about £40-50 here in the UK. Now, which one is easier to remember! Write a letter to your country telling them to get a better currency.

What the fuck am I rambling about?!

Tl;dr - Use Skype.
    Planned to use Skype, didn't reach that state yet. Glad I am over with it. Not going to bother trying it again. FML
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Just think - would you spend that much on a date? Longest phone call I had to a bird was 2 hours and they are part of my minutes. If I went over though I'd tell them to make contact some other way.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    9900 is around 107 Dollars. Not much by your standards but a lot from where I am. Fucking sucks.
  • edited June 2012
    So how much does a pack of chewing gum cost you over in Pakistan? As I can go into a shop and pay 30p for it, does it cost like 100 rupees or something? :D
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited June 2012
    Longest call I ever made to a chick was probly 1 minute haha

Txting FTW, I would rather go to their house and talk to them face to face.

Speaking about birds, was chatting this girl up for a few months. Just the other day we were hooking up and my hands got busy. Now im back to square one with her. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Why are these things so delicate? Its like a fucking mine field. You get ONE chance.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    So how much does a pack of chewing gum cost you over in Pakistan? As I can go into a shop and pay 30p for it, does it cost like 100 rupees or something? :D

1 Rs = 94 US Dollars
    1 Rs = 114 Pounds
    1 Rs = 142 Euro

Basically it costs around 5 Rs for some decent gem. 20 if you're looking for a better taste/quality.
    Spinster wrote: »
    Longest call I ever made to a chick was probly 1 minute haha

Txting FTW, I would rather go to their house and talk to them face to face.

Speaking about birds, was chatting this girl up for a few months. Just the other day we were hooking up and my hands got busy. Now im back to square one with her. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Why are these things so delicate? Its like a fucking mine field. You get ONE chance.

Yep, you really get one fucking chance. I didn't blew it, I was forced to blew it. But it taught me some great lesson. Number 1, NEVER SPEND MONEY on a girl in this fashion. Fucking love.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited June 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Yep, you really get one fucking chance. I didn't blew it, I was forced to blew it. But it taught me some great lesson. Number 1, NEVER SPEND MONEY on a girl in this fashion. Fucking love.

I dont think you have much choice unless she is a bit poo.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    I dont think you have much choice unless she is a bit poo.

Actually I have tons of options, I can be a Jew when the need arises, she just got through my defenses, that's all.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012
    When I was young and dumb the phone company was dumber. I "courted" a young "lady" when I was in my very early 20's who lived one state away. Eventually we lived together for 4 years but during that year of "long distance" wooing I would walk up to the corner restaurant where they had a phone booth outside. I would dial 0 and tell the operator I wanted to place a long distance call from a payphone and bill it to my home number. Now this is how dumb the phone company was back then. They would place the cal and bill it to whatevr 10 digit phone ymber you gave them even it it was not a curently subscribed number. I did this every Sunday for a year from the same payphone to the same number billing to the same non-existent number for a year. The only reason I stopped was because she moved up by me and we got a place.

This was around about 1982. Now I still like to think I had some small part in changes that took place in payphone billing procedures over the next couple of years. By 1984 the oly way you could bill a call from a payphone to a thrird party number was for the operator to call you billing number and someone answer and ok billing to that number. So you see back when I was a kid there was no hacking or phreaking, all we had was social engineering.
  • edited June 2012
    That is so cool TDR, you're an inspiration to me sometimes :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    When I was young and dumb the phone company was dumber. I "courted" a young "lady" when I was in my very early 20's who lived one state away. Eventually we lived together for 4 years but during that year of "long distance" wooing I would walk up to the corner restaurant where they had a phone booth outside. I would dial 0 and tell the operator I wanted to place a long distance call from a payphone and bill it to my home number. Now this is how dumb the phone company was back then. They would place the cal and bill it to whatevr 10 digit phone ymber you gave them even it it was not a curently subscribed number. I did this every Sunday for a year from the same payphone to the same number billing to the same non-existent number for a year. The only reason I stopped was because she moved up by me and we got a place.

This was around about 1982. Now I still like to think I had some small part in changes that took place in payphone billing procedures over the next couple of years. By 1984 the oly way you could bill a call from a payphone to a thrird party number was for the operator to call you billing number and someone answer and ok billing to that number. So you see back when I was a kid there was no hacking or phreaking, all we had was social engineering.

Dammit, wish I could try that. But my situation was different. If she only was technology friendly. Oh well, thanks for the back story. As Trx said you're an inspiration.
    edited June 2012
    That is pretty awesome, TDR. Social engineering at its simplest :thumbsup:
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    Fuck TDR you're a fucking phone pirate....Sweet! :thumbsup:
  • edited June 2012
    He could be the next Kevin Mitnick ;) I want to work on social engineering actually, I used to do a lot of prank phone calls which actually helped a lot but I need some actual experience. I need a goal to work towards, so I can get a result out of it at the end - maybe some kind of physical item. Could always call up some companies and see what produce I can score through social engineering!
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    A guy I work with manages to get free shit for the school all the time, all through social engineering. And of course it all else fails, he just tells them he works for a school and the cum buckets of kindness and generousness.
    edited June 2012
    I feel a Social Engineering thread coming on. Input from multiple users and some experiments to try. I find that people often sit or stand in the same position as me when in conversation and so can easily be led on. Also at hoe my Mum often thinks aloud, for example "Urgh I really need to go and do [whatever]" but sits on the sofa. I then get up 2 minutes later and so does she to do said thing. She sees me doing something and for some reason it makes her do, too.
  • NonmaeNonmae Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2012
    sorry to be nosey but how does Rupees relate to like pounds? Like what's the average salary of a person who lives in a country using rupees and what are the prices of common items such as a loaf of bread, a computer, razors for shaving ect? :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    1 Pound = 147 Ruppee

Seriously if anyone wants to help out, make sure your currency is in POUNDS.

http://themoneyconverter.com/gbp/PKR.aspx

1 Liter fresh milk 90 PKR = 0.61 GBP
    2 Mark 3 Razor blades 350 PKR = 2.37 GBP
    Large bread 60 PKR = 0.41 GBP

Current Phone bill 9,900 PKR = 66.98 GBP
  • NonmaeNonmae Semo-Regulars
    edited June 2012
    ahh thanks Dfg :)