Marquis du Sade

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Well this guy sort of fits into many forums, but he wrote some stuff, so I put him here.

I spent last night bored and after my last smoke for a while which I had sneakily out of my bedroom window, I thought of a film I watched called "Salo: The 120 days of Sodom" by an Italian guy. I quite enjoyed it, but then found out it's based on a fucking book. Why the "fucking", you ask? Well, the film was banned for 30 years as it contains the most depraved shit, literally, you will ever witness. Coprophilia, Sado/Masochistic scenes, Paedo bits and anything else you can imagine. Basically the complete depravity of the Human being (in the case of the film, Fascists towards the end of the war, as the Director was a staunch Communist).

But anyway, the book it was based on, I managed to find on an obscure Torrent site. I was trying to figure this guy out as he was deemed insane and you can see by his writing that he had issues - but he certainly exposed some of the practices in the European Aristocracy and even about extraterrestrial sexual perversions. Possibly something down Dfg's alley.

I was wondering if anyone else knows about this guy, or has more to contribute. In one way he is a fucking nutjob who needed a cage, but on the other he is a pretty awesome product of his time, writing what everybody thought and did behind closed doors.

Comments

• ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    I remember watching a film in Film Studies called something like The Land of Lost Children. It was fucking crazy, I listed everything that was socially unacceptable about the film, but I still thought it was pretty good. Even though it was foreign.

I don't know much about this author, but I know there was a movie made about him back in '99, maybe 2000. It's called 'Quills' and it talks how he goes up against this doctor guy. I haven't seen the whole thing.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited June 2012
    I've read the book and seem the film. You might have realised the word sadist comes from his name.

He wrote it while on that french castle prison for aristocrats. It was found on a single scroll in cramped tiny writing. seconds before being thrown onto a fire it was saved by curiosity.

A man was imprisoned over here for having the book in his car, what I want to know is how did the officer know what it was? ;)
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Tonight I shall be watching that :) spent all day downloading it, lol. And yeah I thought the word sadist may have derived from him. Seems pretty logical.

This quote gets me in particular, and with my insatiable appetite during the beast with the 2 backs and a load of other things, probably explains why I can never get off...

"Sex without pain is like food without taste." - http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Marquis_de_Sade

As for his later life, none of it came as a surprise, but at least he had the bollocks the size of a small Country to actually write the material. That's what gets me. And maybe the fucked up stuff that many people would find arousing but would never say...

"The law which attempts a man's life [capital punishment] is impractical, unjust, inadmissible. It has never repressed crime—for a second crime is every day committed at the foot of the scaffold. "

"The Duc soon imitated his old friend's little infamy and wagered that, enormous as Invictus' prick might be, he could calmly down three bottles of wine while lying embuggered upon it."
    - LOL
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    I downloaded all of his material, not that the copyright matters for books that old.

It's fucking mental, but I like it *rollseyes*