Tower Heist [2011]

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities

Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy lead an all-star cast in Tower Heist, a comedy caper about working stiffs who seek revenge on the Wall Street swindler who stiffed them. After the workers at a luxury Central Park condominium discover the penthouse billionaire has stolen their retirement, they plot the ultimate revenge: a heist to reclaim what he took from them

Not a fan on Ben & I used to enjoy Eddy films in the past. But I had to admit this movie was decently good. For starters I usually watch movies while I am working on some other thing that minimizes the chance of me getting bored and irritated by certain scenes, but I didn't have to skip or ignore most of this movie. It seemed pretty straight forward, a good family fun type movie to be honest. You see Ben playing a leading role, you see Eddy being someone else and you see the other characters falling in.

Over all, the movie is quite... well lets just say the heist they pull off can't be done IRL. It's not that far fetched but it could be. Overall, it was a decent family flick which you can enjoy easily. And it's a bit funny in some scenes as well. But don't EXPECT MIRACLES. It will be a bit dull.

Rotten
IMDB

EDIT:

This movie is so full of holes it's not even funny.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471042/trivia?tab=gf

I mean fucking hell.

Comments

• RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    I saw bad reviews for this, but will give it a shot if you recommend it. We seem to have similar tastes in films for the most part - and as my Family has a TV with an external 1TB HDD, I can put it on there alongside my collage of non-family films like Natural Born Killers, Trainspotting and American Psycho :thumbsup:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    I saw bad reviews for this, but will give it a shot if you recommend it. We seem to have similar tastes in films for the most part - and as my Family has a TV with an external 1TB HDD, I can put it on there alongside my collage of non-family films like Natural Born Killers, Trainspotting and American Psycho :thumbsup:
    Well, I would be showing this movie to my family anyway. I can't show them movies with sex and tits. Even scenes with kissing is a bit awkward. So, I have to use a strict PG-13 filter.

The trailer pretty much shows you the whole movie anyway. I didn't see the trailer before watching it.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    I managed to catch this at the pictures when it was out- I thought it was hilarious! It was good seeing such a good mix of actors, and they really did do their bit to make the movie great.