Made Peace With the Past [&Z]

DfgDfg Admin
edited June 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I have a long history with Zoklet. I joined there back in 2009, worked my way up to the moderation position, contributed like hell. I thought that I was doing something good, keeping the TOTSE spirit alive and lots of other things. I always blamed the Administration for its limited success and like others I went with the crowd on the hate train. At that time I felt right about everything, I mean everyone or almost anyone that cared was bitching about things and asking for this and that and nothing was being done. Sure, you feel kind of left out. And then you get influenced by people. I have always been open to feedback that may have been my downfall on Zoklet.

The problem is, back then I was just a guy finding his way through life, didn't have a clue about stuff but I loved helping people out. Was curious about things and wanted to keep the TOTSE spirit alive. I guess I was too optimistic for my own good, I thought maybe if we did this and that, something can happen. It took me at least 2 years to finally understand what the real problem with Zoklet and all the totse clones including totse.info. Mentality, you see majority of the crowd that we attracted was anti-establishment, it was sort of audience that you avoided at all costs. Retards, idiots and teenage fags and people that just wanted trouble, immature would be a good word.

But unfortunately Zoklet was handed that user base, the same user base that literally killed the original totse moved to Zoklet and then to totse.info. We tried to mimic Zoklet, more free control, everyone can bitch about things and unlike Zoklet we were fast with the changes, but we were doing it all wrong. Zoklet was a failed mission from the start, it couldn't run off the ground because of the user base, yes it's not the Administration, it's the user base that destroyed that place.

And it did affect me as well; I went from a caring guy to a total asshole hell bent on pleasing the masses without realizing what I was doing. I called people names and yes in some cases I did stir up some shit. In other words at that time I was blind to the real problem. The actions I took were based on my limited understanding of the issues. I was in a bad crowd, so many voices telling me this and that, it's hard to get the real truth and it's only after you view the situation from the outside and remove all emotions that you see the logical answer. Plus, we didn’t have TeamSpeak or vocal chats on Zoklet and even on totse.info until we moved to Totseans.

So, after talking with TDR and Homer last night, I felt a change inside me. A lot has happened in my life, I lost people that I cared for, I got back stabbed and I fell in love with an invalid girl. And a lot has happened in this community as well, we made MAJOR mistakes, we went off board pretty much everything, we focused on the wrong sections but fortunately we saved ourselves by fixing the real problem and that my friends is the core team, the real core community, the people who actually invest time in this place and help run it.

It's said in the Start Up world, that if you want to get something off, surround yourself with people that can actually do work instead of just talk. After numerous trial and errors, we finally found a team of trusted and loved members that can actually do just that. That little change in our mentality made the difference. And it's making difference even now. Unlike our past we're different, we're moving in a different direction for the first time in history, this community has a vague idea where we want to be and that my friends is real achievement.

Back to the story, looking back I still don't remember why I got mad at Zok or even Zoklet, because it's just an internet forum. It's just a community, a digital land which can disappear any time (TDR mentioned it numerous times). It's something that I shouldn't be worried about at all and I honestly laugh at myself for being a total dick about it. Calling Zok the guy who practically runs the place, the server management, the bills and everything names, dissing him and insulting him. All because he was doing his job, look we can all agree based on the experience from totse.info, it's the damn crowd. You give me gems and I will make something, you give me retards and I can only hope to make shit.

Zoklet has that problem, too many pricks, too many negative elements that can never accept change and that's the main reason why you see the Admins losing interest and I don't blame them. Funnily in all this fiasco I actually would take Zok side on things and it's only because I understood what he went through and I knew the fix and he does too but unlike us he can't use that fix. It wouldn't work anyway.

Bottom line is this, I got my account reactivated on Zoklet, I got my account white listed on IRC and I personally apologized to Zok and wires, yes wires because it's not in my nature to insult a woman, she has always been misrepresented and has always been a target for trolls. In reality it's not her fault, she does what she can to be fair and in the end gets the bitter end of the deal. Am I defending her? Not really, I am just making it clear that I don't really have any reason to be against her or hate her. My mission is to change lives and spread kindness and love, not spread hate and destroy others’ lives.

So, with this I moved on. I accepted my mistakes and I understood that back in 2010 I was wrong and although it took me a while to fix things, I am glad that it's now over. We didn't really have any issues with Zoklet in the past but now it's official. As a member of this small yet dedicated family, I official announce that I have no issues with Zoklet existence nor do I have any issues with them what so ever. It's Zok's website, he is free to do whatever he wants. Any hostility towards that community will result in a bitch slap from me.

This is because A) We don't really have a reason to be hostile to them B) I hate drama.

Back then I did consider Zok my friend and I respected him, we do have an understanding as two dudes trying to learn and create something. He has plenty of plans for the future and I have only good karma points for him.

Thank you for reading, feel free to share your thoughts. But again I will mention, it's the user base fault here not the administration, even with the decent Administrator (Dfg) we couldn't do much.

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I didn't think we were hostile towards them anyway? I haven't heard a word mentioned about Zoklet in months, we have no reason to be mad at them - they didn't exactly do anything wrong. But yeah, cool story bro :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    I didn't think we were hostile towards them anyway? I haven't heard a word mentioned about Zoklet in months, we have no reason to be mad at them - they didn't exactly do anything wrong. But yeah, cool story bro :)

Yeah cool story indeed.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Since &T broke up in 2009, I have always wanted unity. call me a Hippy but it's an easier existence, as well as a more constructive one. If we can get content from both sides then all the better!

I recall talking to Tordek Battlehammer, a close friend of mine and Zoklet browser, about building bridges between Zoklet and us. In essence we both wanted it and saw the disagreement between the two just as a pissing contest.

Looking at the thread annoyed me as people aren't open minded. We aren't perfect here, but our userbase is a lot smaller. Maybe if Zok and Dfg can team up then things can change with regards to relations from the top-down, but you can't force people to get on with someone they don't for whatever reason.

PS. I had dibs on the drone strike comments! :angry:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    Since &T broke up in 2009, I have always wanted unity. call me a Hippy but it's an easier existence, as well as a more constructive one. If we can get content from both sides then all the better!

I recall talking to Tordek Battlehammer, a close friend of mine and Zoklet browser, about building bridges between Zoklet and us. In essence we both wanted it and saw the disagreement between the two just as a pissing contest.

Looking at the thread annoyed me as people aren't open minded. We aren't perfect here, but our userbase is a lot smaller. Maybe if Zok and Dfg can team up then things can change with regards to relations from the top-down, but you can't force people to get on with someone they don't for whatever reason.

PS. I had dibs on the drone strike comments! :angry:

Building bridges is something I do best. There is a lot of hostility there and they honestly want a real explanation for everything. I can give it to them but I am not sure if they will like it. I don't want to invite them here because they won't fit in but atleast I can keep things civil. Right now there is a bitch thread started by SMU against me and I am thinking about linking them here but I don't want too because that will go against what I already stated before. But honestly, I can't find a valid reason for locking things down and pretending the other doesn't easiest.

I guess we as a community just changed and are more open minded and peaceful in general.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited June 2012
    I still post over there from time to time but the place is always the same.
    The same people bitching the same people shitting on wires,which I could never figure out why.All my dealings with her in the past were ok no problems at all.
    Well DFG I'm glad you made peace with zok and all but most of the users seem to hate you for some reason I wouldn't waste much time on them if I was you.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    angryonion wrote: »
    I still post over there from time to time but the place is always the same.
    The same people bitching the same people shitting on wires,which I could never figure out why.All my dealings with her in the past were ok no problems at all.
    Well DFG I'm glad you made peace with zok and all but most of the users seem to hate you for some reason I wouldn't waste much time on them if I was you.

Don't worry I don't plan too. Just wanted to see what will happen. So, far it's pretty entertaining but I am getting distracted. Time to close the browser and work or take a shower or something.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    I don't mean to seem like I'm backtracking progress or anything, here. But what the hell are all those replies to your thread about?

Sure we're not mad, but look at all those immature shits just pissing all over you just saying you've put everything in the past. I just don't understand. You didn't go in acting all smart or shitty, you just said hello. All they have to say is how shit they think totse.info was, and just calling you a 'paki bastard' as well as a few people just saying 'hello' back in a calm manor.

You may have put it in the past, but that doesn't stop them from just being immature shitheels.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    I don't mean to seem like I'm backtracking progress or anything, here. But what the hell are all those replies to your thread about?

Sure we're not mad, but look at all those immature shits just pissing all over you just saying you've put everything in the past. I just don't understand. You didn't go in acting all smart or shitty, you just said hello. All they have to say is how shit they think totse.info was, and just calling you a 'paki bastard' as well as a few people just saying 'hello' back in a calm manor.

You may have put it in the past, but that doesn't stop them from just being immature shitheels.

That's the reality. It can actually serves as a self imposed check. It also shows how different we're now. Nothing really offends me, but it's sad to see them behave in this manner. But it's in their nature. Oh if you think that's bad, try this.

EDIT: I should focus on things that matter now. Time to work.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited June 2012
    Well as long as we don't need to have anything to do with them. I wouldn't want their bullshit flaming anything to do with us.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Well as long as we don't need to have anything to do with them. I wouldn't want their bullshit flaming anything to do with us.

Nope, we don't this part of excerise was just to make amends with the past. Nothing more and nothing less. Didn't want to leave on a bad note.
  • edited June 2012
    I read through that thread, and it's just as I remember Zoklet when I stopped going there. It's full of nonsensical, pointless replies which don't help anyone. They're a distraction we can do without, we're two different communities and I don't see any point in bridging any gaps if they just shit where they eat, so to speak. I'm so happy to be here.
    edited June 2012
    "Too highbrow for this forum", says King Of The World's signature.

I doubt it very much so. I thought there was a strand of decency left in the users there (I cannot speak for Zok as I do not know his habits or behaviour), but the rest of them who just insult you and come out with regurgitated spunk from the collective circlejerk sound like something off of 4chan. I shit you not.
  • edited June 2012
    Well, let's end this right here. If we continue with this conversation then we'll be no better than they are, plus I don't fancy re-igniting the that old grudge between the two forums anyway. Especially after this thread was about Dfg making peace with Zok or whatever.

Lets celebrate what we have here instead :D I really do like this community :thumbsup:
    edited June 2012
    Good point, Trx. I swear everyone, or almost everyone in that thread is a schizophrenic side of Spectroll seeing as the amount of Autistic obsession with the colour of someones skin or the fact they are born in a Country where they can't help it is top of their priority list.
    I suppose that's why we get on well here. The Community and sometimes Mods push people out who just act like cunts and show no sign of changing.

In my past I have done some pretty nasty things to people, and I didn't get the nickname "machete" for being a lazy turd. The way these users behave towards someone who they barely know reminds me of those people who will remember me for the rest of their lives. Although it may seem like the Internet is srs bzns, I'd have no problem wiping them off the face of the Earth. I need to put my Mental Health exemption certificate to use.

Dfg, as someone who is looking forward to expanding on the sharing of knowledge and talking to you more often in the near future, take it from me and my Family that you are well liked here. Some people just can;t come back with a decent answer, and even if they did, the come back is stale, yellow and starting to wear thin - as it drips down their collective chin from the Lemon Party they host on a daily basis. What would be funny, but obviously has its risks, is if Zok came over here and left them to rot.

Also talking to some users of Zoklet IRL proved to me that they are just an angry gaggle of wasters. Although we are small, we are strong. Although we may not have a million text files, plans are always being devised, and although we may be run by a Paki - he's a cracker in the wrong body and wrong Country who deserves a lot of praise for sticking with things and sorting through the difficulties as I have witnessed on TeamSpeak.

It is fruitless trying to tell an ugly girls she's good looking - and if you did, it would take some strong headfuckery. Exactly the same applies here. Don't waste your breath, keystrokes or time, Dfg.

Just a huge thank you to all the users here, as well. Rodent - especially you. You're all the reasons I keep coming back, and keep waking up in the morning.
  • edited June 2012
    Thanks to you as well RemadE, I actually look forward to coming here to read your posts as lame as it sounds. And you're pretty much an inspiration to me, your mindset and way of thinking is something I actually look up to (minus the drugs, they're not my thing). Shit, this also reminded me to get in touch with an old internet friend. Thanks! :thumbsup:
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited June 2012

^This x10
    I read through that thread, and it's just as I remember Zoklet when I stopped going there. It's full of nonsensical, pointless replies which don't help anyone. They're a distraction we can do without, we're two different communities and I don't see any point in bridging any gaps if they just shit where they eat, so to speak. I'm so happy to be here.

^This x100
    RemadE wrote: »
    "Too highbrow for this forum", says King Of The World's signature.

I doubt it very much so. I thought there was a strand of decency left in the users there (I cannot speak for Zok as I do not know his habits or behaviour), but the rest of them who just insult you and come out with regurgitated spunk from the collective circlejerk sound like something off of 4chan. I shit you not.

^This x1,000
    Well, let's end this right here. If we continue with this conversation then we'll be no better than they are, plus I don't fancy re-igniting the that old grudge between the two forums anyway. Especially after this thread was about Dfg making peace with Zok or whatever.

Lets celebrate what we have here instead :D I really do like this community :thumbsup:

^This x10,000
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the input :). Love you RemadE :). If only you were a girl, we would be a perfect couple. Well, to be honest I didn't enjoy the experience that much, I just saw something close to dying (in near future) and I thought why not pay my respects and that's what I did. I don't plan to go back because it's just too much drama and next to nothing in return.

Going there reminded me how much we have here, it's a rare combination of minds, something you don't see like ever!

Time for work.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited June 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Oh if you think that's bad, try this.
    :facepalm:I did notice, it's only a minority group. Just the usual out crowd.

I'm glad you're kick'n it with zok again bro. I've always been a big believer in becoming united as "individual" communities. (I mentioned this to Fish during our last chat) If the kids can't play friendly with each other. Fuck it! At least the grownups can.
    BooYah....GO For it ---> :paki:
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited June 2012
    Lol DFG, a lot of people got riled up over your returned presence. Nice hate thread, btw. I haven't had one of those in ages... I abandoned my original account there and have a newer proxy alt.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    Lol DFG, a lot of people got riled up over your returned presence. Nice hate thread, btw. I haven't had one of those in ages... I abandoned my original account there and have a newer proxy alt.

That show how immature they're. Plus, It's funny to see people reacting as expected. The funny thing is, the Administration was pretty open minded, wires, zok and the rest didn't have any issues it's just the Dbag users who got angry about it. They still don't get the point, however runs the show calls the shot. Zok could ban me from HIS website any second and there is nothing I can do about it. Same applies here, it's a privilege not your right. I hope they grow up and understand this.

But I will admit it was fun being back there, if you ignore the idiots and moron, you do see some decent conversation there but it's just so buried under all the shit, it gets boring. I mean they're some really amazing threads that I want to post in but when you start reading stuff it just feels of awkward, the theme and colors don't help either. I remember what my friend Documently said I linked him to totse.info, he called it the 80's website and now I feel the same way. They just seems an old part of the Internet that's slowly losing it's appeal. With all the social media and what not it's better to keep up with times or else you will just fade away.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited June 2012
    That show how immature they're.

Unwyred is a spiteful little cunt, that's why I harass him so much even though I have more important things to do. My location got leaked on my main account (it was obtained through malicious means, I didn't give it out). So, I started a new account. Unwyred permabanned that account for 'leaking PI'. Only I didn't leak any PI. I'm a model poster. I've never even gotten an infraction on ANY forum I post on. He permabanned that account simply because he didn't like me. I used proxies so there was no IP match & I only used one account at a time, I never abused any accounts. He & that stupid nigger, Tacho decided to call me out on my new account & now I can't make another because of their fucking retarded registration progress (they won't approve any of the accounts I've tried to make in the past few months from wifi locations). So, now I have to keep my current account so I can stay in touch with members of the community & have an account to harass Unwyred on.

I was even nice enough to let Unwyred know his full PI is floating around and he tried to accuse of 'PI threats'. I'm the only one who told him, no one else was going to. Even though I don't like him, I thought he would want to know. Instead he was an ungrateful little cunt. Despite repeating accusing me of leaking PI, he refuses to tell me who's PI I allegedly leaked... that's because I didn't leak any PI & he is trying to turn other members against me & Fox Paws by claiming we are PI leakers which we are not.

They are playing a dirty, power abusing game over there & it's sickening how they are driving members off the site & tearing the community apart. I don't see any point of post legitiately over there anymore. I really only post in BI to share crime info & the rest of my posts are trolling/harassing/spamming in PEOO. They really hate when you bump old threads so I've been doing that lately, lol. Like threads from 2009 & 2010, lol.
    Zok could ban me from HIS website any second and there is nothing I can do about it.

It was relayed to me that Zok wanted to permaban me but he didn't want to take the heat like when they permabanned Dagu. :facepalm:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited June 2012
    ShadyTroll wrote: »
    Unwyred is a spiteful little cunt, that's why I harass him so much even though I have more important things to do. My location got leaked on my main account (it was obtained through malicious means, I didn't give it out). So, I started a new account. Unwyred permabanned that account for 'leaking PI'. Only I didn't leak any PI. I'm a model poster. I've never even gotten an infraction on ANY forum I post on. He permabanned that account simply because he didn't like me. I used proxies so there was no IP match & I only used one account at a time, I never abused any accounts. He & that stupid nigger, Tacho decided to call me out on my new account & now I can't make another because of their fucking retarded registration progress (they won't approve any of the accounts I've tried to make in the past few months from wifi locations). So, now I have to keep my current account so I can stay in touch with members of the community & have an account to harass Unwyred on.

I was even nice enough to let Unwyred know his full PI is floating around and he tried to accuse of 'PI threats'. I'm the only one who told him, no one else was going to. Even though I don't like him, I thought he would want to know. Instead he was an ungrateful little cunt. Despite repeating accusing me of leaking PI, he refuses to tell me who's PI I allegedly leaked... that's because I didn't leak any PI & he is trying to turn other members against me & Fox Paws by claiming we are PI leakers which we are not.

They are playing a dirty, power abusing game over there & it's sickening how they are driving members off the site & tearing the community apart. I don't see any point of post legitiately over there anymore. I really only post in BI to share crime info & the rest of my posts are trolling/harassing/spamming in PEOO. They really hate when you bump old threads so I've been doing that lately, lol. Like threads from 2009 & 2010, lol.

It was relayed to me that Zok wanted to permaban me but he didn't want to take the heat like when they permabanned Dagu. :facepalm:

HAhah, well that place won't last long. I am just there to have a bit of fun and get my dark side in shape :D. Whenever I am there, I am a different person that is just pure evil.