God Bless America [2011]

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited July 2012 in Spurious Generalities
I was told to watch the trailer for this, and I didn't have high hopes at first. Despite them saying "I have a feeling it's right up your alley" I heard the name and immediately thought "sounds cheesy".

Oh, by the trailer, how wrong I was. I feel this is certainly a ToTSEan film. At least judging by the trailer:

In the time it took me to write this, I got this notification...
Let%20it%20begin.png
No that's not a torrent, it's a magical pop-up telling me that the midnight Postman, not the Cowboy, has dropped the DVD off at my front door and the icon is a cheap knock off, but an MPAA-backed application that allows me to be notified of such activities

I promised to watch this film with a good friend of mine this coming week, so I apologise for the anticlimax (had to say that a fair few times in my life) but I can give a review next week if you have not seen it before then - so disregard this paragraph. Hold tight for the next 105 minutes to get the "RemadE Review" (add some time as I may need to go for a piss and whatnot). Time to stop watching the crapfest known as "The Boondock Saints II" and get on with what looks set to be a dark comedy.

The film got a 7.4/10 rating on IMDB (how fucking specific can they get? Jeez)

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2012
    Lol! I posted the baby clay pigeon part of that movie ast night in "IFIOTW" ..... Fucking awesome vid clip. :thumbsup:

http://www.totseans.com/bbs/threads/22804-PULL!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Just watching it. I don't think I can write a review that encapsulates the awesomeness I feel having this in motion in front of my face and into my ears.

First off, the main Character is far from perfect which just makes it even better than your average "angry at the world" film like many before it such as Natural Born Killers - another film which attacks the Media (and thus another of my favourites). The dialogue is amazing, very blunt and addresses issues I wish I could have many years ago - but could never articulate. Even the fact the guy would rather kill himself than live in a world full of mediocrity and banality is just exquisite.
    I've not seen the whole thing - only 40 minutes in, but it certainly motivates me to want to change the world, and do something about the Class-A cunts who should take a dirt nap.

This really does look the sort of film I will make a thousand copies of and distribute to anyone and everyone.

PS. The girl. Cut her hair shorter and it seems I may have a winner!

Post-sleep addition: Some of the speeches in the film are better than you may have been able to think up and it reminds me of a blend of "Natural Born Killers", "Falling Down" and "The Network". It's a mix of the media, the individual and the society as a whole. In a way there are things you want to happen in the film (think the main 2 characters) but you'd just be watching a film which is exactly against the message it's preaching, no matter how much I wanted to see Tara Lynne Barr's tits, my imagination just had to suffice.
    So I go on my day, waking up and seeing my Sister is watching Big Brother downstairs, and Mum is gossiping about worthless shit and I think to myself, no amount of drugs is gonna change their behaviour, and I have images flash past my eyes from the film.

And I remember how glad I was to find this piece of awesomeness, so I listen to some Alice Cooper and pretend the shit things aren't happening. For now.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2012
    I'll agree with you on that. It looks like a winrar movie and liking the plot very mucho. :thumbsup:
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
    Downloaded it and now watching it. I have a good feeling! :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2012
    Adding to the Queue. IPT here I come.
  • ThirdRockFromTheSunThirdRockFromTheSun <b style="color:blue;">Third<em style="color:pink;">Cock</em>FromThe<em style="color:brown;">Bum</em
    edited July 2012
    That film was insanely good! I've recommenced it to a few friends. The whole thing was great. I loved it! Thanks for telling me about it, Remade!
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2012
    No worries :thumbsup: