How To Make a Cell Phone Jammer Out of a TV Remote

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited October 2012 in Man Cave

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2012
    FUCK FUCK, dammit. I will have to find another mirror for the video.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I just purchased mine from DealExtreme but I'm just all about convenience...and funding the Chinese Communist overlords!
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2012
    I was looking for one on there but couldn't find them ram'd
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited October 2012
    Im a bit sceptical because Im pretty sure those speaker wires have a thin layer of insulation on them, but I could be wrong. I shall give it a go anyway.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2012
    I'm a little skeptical as I though TV remotes worked mostly on IR.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited October 2012
    The guy's a joker. Ain't gonna work, nada, nope, no way.

That ketchup talk and the way he made it harder than it had to be to get the wires out of the earphone cord, I almost quit watching. But when I saw him gluing insulated wire (remember, each strand is coated with enamel) to the remote board, I started to feel sorry for him.

Perhaps there should be some sort of charity, sending him old TV remotes to occupy his time so he doesn't go out and hurt someone on accident.

brb, gonna go contact the UN.. we have UNICEF, why not UNITV?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Not to mention the 38 kHz signal that the remote control data is modulated on is no where near the 850 - 1200 MHz cellular bands
    edited October 2012
    Not to mention the 38 kHz signal that the remote control data is modulated on is no where near the 850 - 1200 MHz cellular bands
    Dude, that's what the ketchup is for.

It overcapacifies the performancificator so it can transmitulate on a higher plane of existence. This is elementary stuff.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited October 2012
    You need to think before you try these kind of videos. there are alot out there that tell you bogus information just to take the piss.

Its really stupid because if you make the video you never actually see people fail huh.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited October 2012
    I viewed this thread when it was first posted & was waiting for someone here to attempt to make one. So I didn't comment on it. :o

When a guy calls wire, string and the plastic insulation on wire, rubber (That's not rubber insulated wire by the way) You have a fair idea he doesn't know the difference between volts and watts.
    Chewing gum has more conductivity than hot glue.
    The circuit board has an insulated surface. Without an exposed circuit surface or even an exposed soldered point, it's useless. It wont pass the squirts let alone current.
    A chips individual spades are individual for a reason. They are there because they track to specific parts of the board. Sticking wire anywhere on one side of a chip is downright retarded. (It would make electronics easier though)
    This dude shouldn't be allowed near anything over 1.5 Volts & even @ that size he should have adult supervision.
    edited October 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    This dude shouldn't be allowed near anything over 1.5 Volts & even @ that size he should have adult supervision.

Personally, I was thinking he shouldn't be allowed near anything less powerful than a MOT.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2012