132 km/h Achieved!

DfgDfg Admin
edited November 2012 in Spurious Generalities
Not really a top speed but for a guy that rarely floors the car, it was quite decent. So, an hour ago I left with my bro because he was going to work and I had to drop him off. I did get an hour or so of sleep. Woke up feeling shit and the headache was a bitch to handle. I derped our way to the drop off. I had my Laptop with me because I was war driving. I should consider and SSD because my Laptop would kill itself mostly due to the fucking roads. Too many fucked up spots.

My brother likes driving fast and I prefer driving like I value my life and wallet. On the return it was just me and the Laptop. I powered it off mostly because It didn't have any videos or songs and I didn;t want to risk it. So, I get on the highway which is not an ideal place to hit high speeds. It's quite bumpy and you really have to drive like you're going to die any second.

So, it was early morning, traffic was next to nothing. It's EID here so the cops don't give a fuck and I said, why not. I kept the care about 110 km/h for the most part of the Journey. Whenever I would go over 120, I risked loosing control of the car. The road was terrible for these speeds and the car suspension wasn't meant for this anyway.

There was another car I was sort of racing with. I kept the speed in check, didn't push the car and kept a safe distance but once I reached the final point in my journey I had a long straight with a gradual climb which is a pain in the ass to walk on, I walked on it ages ago. I pushed the car and touched 132 km/h before pulling back. I avoided using breaks the whole time because I was managing the car using the throttle. I am sure I could touch 140 but I do value my life and the steering was telling me that it's NOT a good idea to push more.

The car is a 1.5 VTECH Honda Steermatic running on Petrol. The ride was fun and I did make it back in record time. I would avoid trying this again, you don't get lucky everyday.

Speed kills!

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Dfg wrote: »
    Not really a top speed but for a guy that rarely floors the car, it was quite decent. So, an hour ago I left with my bro because he was going to work and I had to drop him off. I did get an hour or so of sleep. Woke up feeling shit and the headache was a bitch to handle. I derped our way to the drop off. I had my Laptop with me because I was war driving. I should consider and SSD because my Laptop would kill itself mostly due to the fucking roads. Too many fucked up spots.

My brother likes driving fast and I prefer driving like I value my life and wallet. On the return it was just me and the Laptop. I powered it off mostly because It didn't have any videos or songs and I didn;t want to risk it. So, I get on the highway which is not an ideal place to hit high speeds. It's quite bumpy and you really have to drive like you're going to die any second.

So, it was early morning, traffic was next to nothing. It's EID here so the cops don't give a fuck and I said, why not. I kept the care about 110 km/h for the most part of the Journey. Whenever I would go over 120, I risked loosing control of the car. The road was terrible for these speeds and the car suspension wasn't meant for this anyway.

There was another car I was sort of racing with. I kept the speed in check, didn't push the car and kept a safe distance but once I reached the final point in my journey I had a long straight with a gradual climb which is a pain in the ass to walk on, I walked on it ages ago. I pushed the car and touched 132 km/h before pulling back. I avoided using breaks the whole time because I was managing the car using the throttle. I am sure I could touch 140 but I do value my life and the steering was telling me that it's NOT a good idea to push more.

The car is a 1.5 VTECH Honda Steermatic running on Petrol. The ride was fun and I did make it back in record time. I would avoid trying this again, you don't get lucky everyday.

Speed kills!

Fuck mate that's nothing. I regularly do between 150 - 175 Km/h when late for work or heading home in the early hours of the morning. But then again our roads would be in better condition than the roads in Pakistan.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited October 2012
    I'm pretty sure you can go faster if you weren't driving a rice-rocket
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2012
    Fuck mate that's nothing. I regularly do between 150 - 175 Km/h when late for work or heading home in the early hours of the morning. But then again our roads would be in better condition than the roads in Pakistan.

Fuck, imagine loosing control at the speed. Which car do you have btw? The top speed limit is 220Km on Honda 1.5 VTECH and yes it's automated with manual override. The problem is the damn road. It's not smooth in some places and the car literally jumps. On the Motorway you can easily hit 160KM in few straights. I will record the Journey on Cam next time.
    I'm pretty sure you can go faster if you weren't driving a rice-rocket

I agree.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited October 2012
    Make sure your tyres have the correct speed rating. alot of tyres have a max rating of like 140kmph. My first car had some crappy tyres like that but I took it up to 180kmph and one of my rear got a bulge in it, I could have died if it popped.

Next time check your speed rating, get a wheel balance and a wheel alignment. It will make a huge difference to how the car behaves at high speeds.
    edited October 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    Make sure your tyres have the correct speed rating. alot of tyres have a max rating of like 140kmph. My first car had some crappy tyres like that but I took it up to 180kmph and one of my rear got a bulge in it, I could have died if it popped.

Next time check your speed rating, get a wheel balance and a wheel alignment. It will make a huge difference to how the car behaves at high speeds.

http://www.blackcircles.com/general/speedrating

The tyres on my vehicle are rated for 210 km/h max which I doubt I could achieve in my car so i'm fine.

[rant]
    EDIT: You could just about hear my sphincter slam shut after passing a cop at 140 km/h after some stupid slut decides to slow down to at least 60 km/h for every single corner then when someone would attempt to pass her, she would speed up so they couldn't pass (these people need to be fucking murdered). Then to top it all off, some arsehole who thought it was acceptable to do 70 km/h on the open road nearly gets rear ended when I come around the corner. Its like they will give a drivers licence to anyone who can breathe these days. They say speed kills, yeah it does when people drive well below the speed limit on a highway for absolutely no reason. The weather is fucking perfect today so there is no reason to drive at any less than 100 km/h unless you are driving a truck or towing a trailer in which case the max speed is 90 km/h according to the law :mad:.
    [/rant]
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited October 2012
    Speed doesn't kill!! Suddenly becoming stationary is what gets ya!!!

80MPH (130KPH) is my cruising speed on the highways around here, but the roads are smooth. Fastest I've gone around here is 123MPH (197KPH) but my average fun run is up to about 110MPH (177KPH) or so.

Oh, and I think my tires are rated for 118MPH (190KPH)
    edited October 2012
    Speed doesn't kill!! Suddenly becoming stationary is what gets ya!!!

80MPH (130KPH) is my cruising speed on the highways around here, but the roads are smooth. Fastest I've gone around here is 123MPH (197KPH) but my average fun run is up to about 110MPH (177KPH) or so.

Oh, and I think my tires are rated for 118MPH (190KPH)

IMO the speed limit is for pussy's and people who shouldn't be behind the wheel anyway. Plus the government sees it as a money making thing.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2012
    My best memories are going down the Autobahn in Austria. Was between 180 and 200mph in a Mercedes (I'm no car expert, don't ask me the model type - it was black and looked better than any woman). Could feel the blood being pumped into my ass as it felt like I was going to shit myself.
    All I could think of was "holy shit please let there be no potholes" while listening to some speed Drum 'n' Bass thinking "this would be great if I died, at least my latest played song would be worthwhile". I think of weird shit like that in those situations.

Still, here's the photos of some of the journey.
    P1bvQh.jpg

gfdlih.jpg

Not even gonna start on the fast women ;)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2012
    RemadE wrote: »
    My best memories are going down the Autobahn in Austria. Was between 180 and 200mph in a Mercedes (I'm no car expert, don't ask me the model type - it was black and looked better than any woman). Could feel the blood being pumped into my ass as it felt like I was going to shit myself.
    All I could think of was "holy shit please let there be no potholes" while listening to some speed Drum 'n' Bass thinking "this would be great if I died, at least my latest played song would be worthwhile". I think of weird shit like that in those situations.

Still, here's the photos of some of the journey.
    P1bvQh.jpg

gfdlih.jpg

Not even gonna start on the fast women ;)

Bwahahahaha, holy fuck I thought the same thing while driving hahaha. 180-200 MPH, FUCK ME!
    edited October 2012
    Seriously, that time made my "top 5 most scared" moments

Luckily the rest of the trip was between 100-120mph, the top speed lasted a couple of seconds (if there was ever an innuendo).

Just to satisfy you fuckholes, the other 4 list items were
    • Death threats from multiple gangs ranging from Holland to Turkey
    • Having a full on mental breakdown
    • Being tricked into going on a rollercoaster..that went backwards and had a loop in (hate rollercoasters, you learnt something new there)
    • Women
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited November 2012
    yeah I hate roller coasters, I will get big air on my motor bike or drive fast in my car, and I know that is far more dangerous than a roller coaster. I guess I just like having a steering wheel in in front of me.
    edited November 2012
    Spinster wrote: »
    yeah I hate roller coasters, I will get big air on my motor bike or drive fast in my car, and I know that is far more dangerous than a roller coaster. I guess I just like having a steering wheel in in front of me.

Fuck I love the things. Basically anything that goes fucking fast is good with me
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2012
    That's quite an impressive speed for paki roads.
    edited November 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    That's quite an impressive speed for paki roads.

See my bit about potholes.
    I most definitely would have thrown my boxer shorts out of that car!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited November 2012