Bizarre shit you've found out about people.

PlebertPlebert Regular
edited November 2012 in Spurious Generalities
For instance...

Back on the ol' &T boards there was a meetup planned for the part of Australia I'm from. Through that abortion of a meetup I met a user whose name I won't disclose. We kept a semi-regular correspondence until some time in mid 2011, at which point he became impossible to contact through all conventional means.I started putting feelers out through mutual acquaintances to see what might turn up.There was the usual talk of him moving to Melbourne and a handful of wild, addled mutterings about dark happenings, the kind you come to expect from people who use the kind of drugs they do (with the kind of fervor and frequency to boot).Anyway life went on, I lost interest and kept on keeping on until ~5 months later.

I was at work leafing through our bullshit excuse for a newspaper when lo! and behold, there was a story detailing how someone I met through totse had been kidnapped, taken to a house in a backwater puddle of a suburb, tied to a chair and tortured over an inherited drug debt.

Here, have a link!

Some fun excerpts;

"Mobile phone footage showed Mr.X laughing as he urinated on Mr.Y"

"Railway spikes were tapped into his head and under his nails until he bled"

"Mr.X cut his own chest with a machete before cutting mine"

In the end I'm told police arrested the shit out the kidnappers and my friend, Mr.Y, was shaken but still alive.

It was a total mindfuck to feel connected to the story.

Any similar(or not so) occurrences happened to you folks?

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2012
    Yup, I read several news stories today.
  • MarineBoatMarineBoat Regular
    edited November 2012
    Father has a piss fetish.

That's about it.. or maybe it just sticks out because it rocked my childhood considering I found out before I even found out about sex. Most other crazy shit about people I know are their distinguishing attribute not something I found out later.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited November 2012
    Some fifteen year old kid I knew got put up for shooting some dope dealer a few years back, other than that I got nothing.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Well I've met a coupld of &T members (pre '09) IRL and maintain contact with them but they are actually relatively sane.

I did find out yesterday that an..Autistic(?) friend who I thought would be jailed has a fetish for girls in newspapers (as in the material), photoshopped boobs (as in they are impossibly big) and interracial pregnancy couple photos.
    That was a bit odd. I'll have to think of some more. My whole life is based around getting people to open up. Oh, and a few really prudish girls having Vampire fantasies...and telling me all about it while openly admitting they're wearing soaked knickers. I just got creeped out.
    edited November 2012
    I found out that RemadE did not really have surgery for his Chrons but was actually sent back to the mother ship for a refit of his anal listening device.
    :crazy:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I found out that RemadE did not really have surgery for his Chrons but was actually sent back to the mother ship for a refit of his anal listening device.
    :crazy:

GODDAMIT! Now everyone knows! If the authorities paying me Disability Support Allowance find out, you're a dead mayng, ya hear? I woke up and yes, there was a speaker with a few magnets sticking out of my asshole like a damned boombox, but I kept it quiet!

Oh god. Assholes. Not after today.
    edited November 2012
    I read the thread that's why I made the post ;)