Take Me Out (TV game show) and the role of Women in a nutshell

RemadERemadE Global Moderator
edited February 2013 in Spurious Generalities
take-me-out-1.jpg

Ok so as you should know by now - I can't stand feminist logic. Plain and simple.
So when I was greeted by this TV show a while back I was filled with rage - the emasculated guys that feel the need to perform, or fit to a stereotype/look and most of all, top it off with a "perfect date" if they do succeed.

The basic premise of the show is there are about 25 females each behind an illuminated podium, and a guy is fed to the lions through means of a lift.
So on he comes and introduces himself, usually resulting in a "Woo!" or laugh, or whatever depending on the aforementioned factors.

One by one, each round sees more women push buttons and turn their podiums red (as opposed to starting out white).

Now looking at this I wondered one thing - why aren't there spin-offs when instead of a guy being ridiculed in front of women, to a woman having to face a jury of guys who judge them by the same standards.

For example - men get declined because of petty shit like their hair, or choice of clothes.
IF I TOLD A WOMAN ON TV I DIDN'T LIKE HER BECAUSE OF HER FUCKING HAIR, I'D BE SEEN AS A SEXIST PIG!

or their job..or anything else petty and taken at face-value.

In short, fuck you TV and the modern world. Stop emasculating Males and broadcasting it to the World.

I'm gonna watch some 007 just to balance the rage in me.
bAYRI.jpg

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited November 2012
    It's good to know that TV is mostly trash in your country as well.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited February 2013
    What's your opinion on paddy mcguinness?
    ikinda like that program, anything that vilifies the opposite sex gets my vote.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2013
    I couldn't stop lol'ing at the picture. Now, I am in support for women rights and treating them with respect, I follow some pretty strict guidelines when it comes to dealing with them, I am also known to break those guidelines from time to time but they exist. I hate shows that pretty much lower any race or class or gender. It's true that some women act like their some fucking queen but most women are pretty amazing. However that does not make that show any better. And yes people would cry out sexiest pig you say the same thing about a women, HOWEVER. I am chuckling to myself now. I have told two or three times that you're fat, or not that good or just awful to few girls IRL and they handled it quite well. I simply told them straight on (this is referring to my UNI life) that I don't consider you sexy or hot nor do I have any intention of sleeping with you. You're basically like guys to me. So, I will mock you, throw dirty jokes at you, you just have to deal with it and in return you will get some closure from my side and some support.

So, it seems things can be different after all.