Harlem Shake Compilation, Full on Retard in 16 secondsc

DfgDfg Admin
edited February 2013 in Spurious Generalities
Not sure if this is a meme or what but I found this video on reddit:

Which forced me to fire up my VPN and check the video and when I saw it, I was like what the fuck is going on there. I did a fast Google and it didn't make much sense apart from from guy inventing this Harmlem Shake back in 1981!. The artist name is Baauer.

This is the full song:

So, I searched on Youtube and then found various videos. The videos all started with one guy listening to the song and he is wearing a helmet or something that conceals his face, they're all 30 seconds in length when you reach 15-17 seconds into the video, magic happens.

Everyone goes full on retard.

Enjoy the videos and do share if you come across new ones here.

The more videos I watch, the more fun it becomes. It's a pity I can't pull this off IRL. I wish I could maybe I should try and convince others to jump in.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited February 2013
    The Harlem shake is a dance move that involves pivoting the shoulder out while bringing the other shoulder out at the same time. Discover how the Harlem shake is mainly comprised of shoulder shaking with help from professional hip-hop dancers and choreographers in this free video on doing the Harlem shake.

And now you know how to do it.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Ding dong!

Also I have no idea what the hell this is. Something that randomly made an overnight comeback from 1981?! Really? People are getting weirder as time goes on. I swear.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Regular
    edited February 2013
    RemadE wrote: »
    Ding dong!

Also I have no idea what the hell this is. Something that randomly made an overnight comeback from 1981?! Really? People are getting weirder as time goes on. I swear.

Anyone know how to make a gif?
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited February 2013
    I blame the jews for this.