Fallout Monopoly

DfgDfg Admin
edited December 2013 in Spurious Generalities
Made for his wife, took 8 months!

Here we are setting up for our first game the night after I gave it to her.
SM1ZTAIh.jpg
I used an actual Monopoly board, painted over most of it, and attached scenery to each property.

KJXG0thh.jpg

B86WWHuh.jpg
Deeds and caps. Nuka Cola Quartz is $1, regular Nuka-Cola is $5, Fusion is 10, Quantum is 20, Victory 50, Sunset Sarsaparilla 100, and Sunset Sarsaparilla Star caps are 500.

6k5SLhTh.jpg

dbITMO6h.jpg

cXLqZrch.jpg
Here are all of the player tokens. Liberty Prime kind of looks like shit in high-res, but not terrible considering he is a melted hybrid of Iron Man, Captain America, and several army men.

F6VM7E1h.jpg

MbKUNrdh.jpg

d05Gpi6h.jpg
Here are a few samples of the cards. There are over 120 so far, and I'm still making more, so I can't show them all.

Wp5yvAYh.jpg
Pip-Boy, made of about 20 different little pieces of plastic from various models, all melted and glued together.

aXYk0Cmh.jpg
Perks! There are 20 perks so far, still about 20 more I've yet to print. You choose one perk at the start of the game, and earn more as you level up.

wsusvPah.jpg
Here are the backs of the perk discs, explaining what they do.

SoT5Q0mh.jpg

6eS5wUth.jpg
I burned the logo into an old wooden jewelry box/chest I found. The box was locked with a little padlock, and before I presented it to her, I left a note for her with a bobby pin attached, and started playing The Ink Spots' "I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire" as she struggled to unlock it, having no idea what was inside.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1c46h4/wife_is_a_huge_fallout_fan_i_told_her_your/

Comments

• angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited April 2013
    This is very cool,that dude must have butloads of free time.
    I hope his wife gave him a nice treat for the effort.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2013
    Bought monopoly today, going to start playing it.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited April 2013
    This is nice
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2013
    As a huge fan of the first two Fallout games, seeing this gave me a massive erection. That dude has got some skills, also ridiculous amounts of free time.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited December 2013
    I've been playing Fallout since the first came out in 97. I'm definitely a "fanboy" and I think I jizzed in my pants just now. I was hoping this was going to be something for retail but now I wish I had time to make this for myself but I'd have nobody I actually like to play it with.