Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon (Three Explosions) 2 Killed!

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2013 in Spurious Generalities
The details are a bit iffy at this stage but here is what we do know:
(BOSTON) — Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries. Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.
“There are a lot of people down,” said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.
About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

http://nation.time.com/2013/04/15/two-explosions-at-boston-marathon-finish-line/
The Boston Marathon headquarters has been locked down after two explosions were reported near the finish line, a spokesman told Reuters. Witnesses reportedly heard two booms near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel that sounded like two claps of thunder.
The Associated Press says there are reports of injuries.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15/explosion-reported-near-finish-line-boston-marathon-spokesman-says/

It seems some people did finish or in this case won the marathon:
BOSTON (AP) — Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia took the title in the 117th edition of the Boston Marathon on Monday, winning a three-way sprint down Boylston Street to finish in 2 hours, 10 minutes, 22 seconds.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2013/04/15/lelisa-desisa-rita-jeptoo-boston-marathon/2084501/

Boston Herald website seems down.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/04/two_huge_blasts_rock_boston_marathon_finish_line

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2013
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22159004#TWEET724578

Tips about anyone involved with the explosion, call: 1-800-494-TIPS Hotline for Boston Marathon victims & families: 617 635 4500

There was a third explosion as well!
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited April 2013
    Pretty nuts, I work just outside of Boston and police were out in force.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2013
    Fuck, this is why we can't have nice things! On the radio this afternoon they were saying that handful of packages were found around the area and that at least a few of them were likely bombs as well. One of the two killed was only 8, that is fucked up.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Probably some Islamic extremist group behind it all. Either that or a domestic terrorist organisation. Makes you wonder what sort of message they want to send and for what.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited April 2013
    I understand bombing military installations, but a charity event like this? Targetting civilians and killing kids.

Makes me want to create a mirror terrorist group at the other side of the world.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited April 2013
    I understand bombing military installations, but a charity event like this? Targetting civilians and killing kids. Makes me want to create a mirror terrorist group at the other side of the world.
    Australia I hope?***Sits back and waits for the US to blame poor old North Korea so they can look for imaginary weapons of mass destruction***
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited April 2013
    so much vagueness with this. who, what, why?
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited April 2013
    so much vagueness with this. who, what, why?

Its certainly starting to look as though this isn't your typical run of the mill terror attack. Normally there would be at least a few terror groups claiming responsibility but that hasn't happened yet which is unusual.
  • ArkansanArkansan Regular
    edited April 2013
    It does seem a bit odd, doesn't it? The trend in the last decade or so has been for some group of asshats to jump right on the bandwagon and claim responsibility.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2013
    Probably some Islamic extremist group behind it all. Either that or a domestic terrorist organisation. Makes you wonder what sort of message they want to send and for what.

I wasn't aware the U.S. Federal government had any Islamic agencies. So we are going to have to call this "Domestic Terrorism"...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2013
    I wasn't aware the U.S. Federal government had any Islamic agencies. So we are going to have to call this "Domestic Terrorism"...

Ha, there have been 4 bombs explosions in Iraq, a fucking massive Earthquake in Iran 7.8 ( and it even reached Pakistan FML) and then few hours ago there a suicide attack in Peshawar. It's fucking nuts.
    edited April 2013
    Arkansan wrote: »
    It does seem a bit odd, doesn't it? The trend in the last decade or so has been for some group of asshats to jump right on the bandwagon and claim responsibility.
    Give it time bro! They're just finding someone with a north korean accent to play the part.
    edited April 2013
    Lol! I did 2