Growing Mushrooms

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
Anybody ever do this? It seems relatively easy and profitable plus low risk. Ive got sources for the spores and I love shrooms.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Anybody ever do this? It seems relatively easy and profitable plus low risk. Ive got sources for the spores and I love shrooms.

If I were a Mod, I would move this to the Great Outdoors even though the cultivation is indoors.

http://shroomery.org

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/2

Start reading. Man I wish I had a P. cubensis print.
  • HippieTrippieHippieTrippie Regular
    edited July 2010
    It does seem like it would be too easy for the payoff doesn't it? I know nothing about it, but if you do start, keep us updated.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Will do I think im gonna go for it and it seems its legal to buy the spores.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    How many grams do you make from a simple grow?
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2010
    From one cake, I have harvested about 6g dry :) one of the easiest things I have done....ever

Even managed to pull it off at my Uni. Had them on the windowsil.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    It says about 50 g's but I think thats the wet weight.
  • DaSkipperDaSkipper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Not really much money in doing it unless you have multiple grows at once.
  • ateate Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Information. Lot's of if.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
    Ive done it. Brf cakes are best to start out with.
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    The juice is worth the squeeze, huge profit margins. But the Pf-tek is a joke. Yes, you can grow mushrooms on minimal substrate (brown rice), but you will get MUCH better results by "spawning to bulk". All it is is taking your grain spawn (brown rice, pf cakes, wheat berries, rye, bird seed, etc.) colonizing it, then spawning it to a bulk substrate (compost, straw, manure, coco coir, worm castings, etc.) by distributing the colonized grain into the bulk medium and incubating for another 2-4 weeks (depending on volume of media) then exposing fruiting conditions. The results will speak for themselves, you will never consider the Pf-tek again.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    The Shroomery is an excellent resource on this.

Also, start out with the PF Cake TEK its the easiest way to grow Shrooms. Its impossible to mess up. :o