Long term brain Damage and health effects from various drugs

DukeZionDukeZion Semo-Regulars
edited October 2013 in Man Cave
I have done too many drugs over the years, now at 27 I feel it may be catching up to me all the stupid shit I did over the years. I had a I don't give a fuck attitude about life and drugs, figured you only live once you should have fun right? I don't feel stupid, I still can work fast and concentrate carry on conversations, etc...I may have slight cognitive impairment but very slight. Recently I have been having major migraines before I go to bed, so bad I can sleep or lay down, it makes my nose burn also for some reason and I feel like throwing up. Sometimes I will have heart palpitations at work, have very weird stomach pains, more of a feeling though of a bad liver or kidney. I urinate quite frequently, sometimes very little.

I can only blame myself, I do not take care of myself, I am not obese or fat but I am not healthy, I am almost afraid to go the doctor to see what I may or may not have. I haven't been in years for this reason.

There are many conflicting factors which may cause my possible health problems it is hard to tell what caused what

1) I have been smoking cigarettes since age 12, everyday since age 14, this is a obviously not good for me but the hardest thing to quit. I have attempted once when I was 16 for a month but I started again and never even attempted to try and quit again.

2) Starting drinking Alcohol at a very young age, 14, and I was doing it almost every night. This has possibly held me back or caused some sort of impairment. I have since learned to control my drinking in the past few years, I barely drink at all anymore nor do I really enjoy it.

3) I starting smoking weed at age 17 and still smoke almost everyday but everyone knows weed is good for you.

4) DXM, oh boy, I have been doing this since again 17 too. Various phases from once a week to once a month, to 3 month binges doing it everyday. I am on a low dose right now but I barely do it anymore. I don't think it has caused me any brain damage but the drinking syrup and all those inactive ingredients including the time when I was younger and I drank guafassien containing syrup, this has more then likely caused some sort of organ or stomach damage. DXM itself has possibly caused me heart problems as well as high blood pressure, again I have never been to a doctor so this remains untreated.

5) Amphetamine, from age 17-18 I think, I used to snort this shit all the time. Mostly before school and then again at night. This has possibly caused some sort of brain damage or dopamine toxicity as well as heart issues. Luckily one night of psychosis scared me away from that forever.

6) Duster, did this maybe 5 or 6 times, obviously not good for you and was fucking stupid.

7) Freon, even more stupid, did this a few times as well, it is like duster but even more intense and bad for you, this also may cause hearts problems as well as irreversible brain damage from what I have read. One time I was huffing freon out of a trash bag and fell head first into the fridge, blacked out and needless to say never did that shit again.

8) Datura, This shit is again fucking stupid don't do it, for some reason it took me 5 times to learn not to do this shit again and a trip to the hospital where they treated me like a moron and didn't do shit to help the situation but told me to sleep it off. Cant blame them though, it was the dumbest shit I ever done, this may has caused me brain, heart, vision you name it damage.

9) MDMA, this is hard to tell, I did this shit for 6 months, at first once a week, and then up to 4 times a week towards the end. It ruined a relationship and caused me to be severely depressed for two months after quitting but other then that I don't know if this really is a factor. Possibly it has lowered my Serotonin but DXM already did that as well.

10) Meth, just kidding, never done that shit.

11) Cocaine/Crack, Did this for a couple years along with DXM, weed, alcohol or whatever was around. Possible Dopamine toxicity/heart problems, again who knows.

12) Oxycodone, a couple years with this and other similar opiates. Possible it made my blood pressure worse as well as my depression but I haven't done that shit for a long time now.

You may think that when you are young drugs aint no big deal if you don't go crazy but they will catch up to you. I have slowed down over the years, now I only smoke pot, cigarettes, and the occasional drink or DXM trip but even if I quit everything I still am fucked.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2013
    Try going clean for 6 months and do a detox to start. Something like The Master Cleanser...
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited August 2013
    Have you done any medical check ups?
    A migraine can be just a sign of stress or a sign of stroke or brain damage
    You will never know what really happens with your body unless a proper check up
  • panthraxpanthrax Regular
    edited October 2013
    The only real advice anyone can give you is to go to a doctor. As far as the drugs being the culprit, that's speculative at best. There are plenty of people out there who have done as many drugs as you have (and more!) at the same age or even earlier but are medically fine today. The only way you're going to find out for sure is to go to a doctor.

I was worried that I had caused myself some serious damage too using drugs for all those years, but after a trip to the doctor to have full panel lab work done on my blood, I turned out to be just fine except for a slight elevation in blood sugar, but that's due to my diet, not the drugs. :p

Get yourself to a clinic and explain the situation to the doctor, specifically ask for blood lab tests ("blood work") and go from there.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited October 2013
    Get bloods and brain scans done. I had a few issues and checked into Endocrinology, resulting in an MRI scan and a bit of damage.
    Nothing to do with drugs that I know (although I did think it was linked to Mephedrone, Tramadol or Methoxetamine abuse without telling the Doc and raising the red flag), but the more you think/worry about it, the worse you might feel.

Hopefully it's not too costly, being in the US (I assume), but if you genuinely think you need a check-up, then it may be cheaper in the long run.

Take care, matey.