Out of IPv4 it was bound to happen

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2015 in Tech & Games
"Fuckin Finally"

It’s official: North America out of new IPv4 addresses
But the move to IPv6 picks up speed.

Remember how, a decade ago, we told you that the Internet was running out of IPv4 addresses? Well, it took a while, but that day is here now: Asia, Europe, and Latin America have been parceling out scraps for a year or more, and now the ARIN wait list is here for the US, Canada, and numerous North Atlantic and Caribbean islands. Only organizations in Africa can still get IPv4 addresses as needed. The good news is that IPv6 seems to be picking up the slack.

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/07/us-exhausts-new-ipv4-addresses-waitlist-begins/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+arstechnica/index+(Ars+Technica+-+All+content).

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    Finally, I got IPv6 Router in place already. I am ready.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2015
    My isp has been doing some cross NATing to get around this. 

[My Router]--------Local IP4------------[MEGA_EVIL ISP]----------------[IP+IP4 tunnel]--------------------------------{Internet}

So basically im apart of an ISP WAN with a local IP to their first hop server (typically 10.0.0.0/24).
  • DfgDfg Admin

My isp has been doing some cross NATing to get around this. 

[My Router]--------Local IP4------------[MEGA_EVIL ISP]----------------[IP+IP4 tunnel]--------------------------------{Internet}

So basically im apart of an ISP WAN with a local IP to their first hop server (typically 10.0.0.0/24).
    Not sure if it's awesome or bad.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    It's kinda both. They have no other option yet. Not until IP6 is everywhere at least.