Rich and American? Australia wants you

SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator-__-
edited July 2015 in Spurious Generalities

Flush with the success of a millionaire visa program to attract wealthy Chinese, Australia is now promising citizenship to rich Americans who are willing to bring their cash and entrepreneurial talent Down Under.

But there's a rather large catch: participants in the invitation-only Premium Investment Visa scheme will need to invest A$15 million ($11.57 million) for the privilege of becoming an Aussie.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/12/us-australia-usa-immigration-idUSKCN0PM10320150712

What this means for everyone else is that rent prices go up - currently around $450 pw an hours away from the CBD. The first thing the do is buy property and sit on it. 

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    Who in his right mind would get Aussie Citizenship. Fuck that.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    I'd get a dual US citizenship in a heartbeat. 

I'm not a spick Mexican though, so it will take a lot of effort. 
  • DfgDfg Admin

I'd get a dual US citizenship in a heartbeat. 

I'm not a spick Mexican though, so it will take a lot of effort. 
    My mate just renounced his US Citizenship. I mean technically I wouldn't mind having it, but still.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Flush with the success of a millionaire visa program to attract wealthy Chinese, Australia is now promising citizenship to rich Americans who are willing to bring their cash and entrepreneurial talent Down Under. But there's a rather large catch: participants in the invitation-only Premium Investment Visa scheme will need to invest A$15 million ($11.57 million) for the privilege of becoming an Aussie.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/07/12/us-australia-usa-immigration-idUSKCN0PM10320150712 What this means for everyone else is that rent prices go up - currently around $450 pw an hours away from the CBD. The first thing the do is buy property and sit on it. 
    Yah! Kim Dotcom had to invest to get granted citizenship here as well, not that much though but it was a good wack. If memory serves me right he threw a fireworks display for the auckland region and paid a local politician (john banks ) a healthy bribe.