instagram: the path of the internet based on ignorance and arrogance.

bornkillerbornkiller AdministratorIn your girlfriends snatch
edited July 2015 in Spurious Generalities
This is the issue giving power mongers and inexperience management, responsibilities on a reasonably popular social networking platform. The regular user tends to get scraped aside like a discarded piece of shit under ones shoe.

I studied business management and a combination of communication and ethics was embedded into me like being branded (without the pain of course). But online management seems to have taken a draconian path of the industrial revaluation where "fuck you all" seems to be the norm, bite the bullet and take pain because we're to big and important now to give a fuck.

I believe reddit is feeling the pinch at the moment and now instagram decides to pull the same old shit with a different flavour. When will they learn. The user no matter how irrelevant and pitiful their meaningless lives maybe are the lifeline of a financially orientated social networking site.

How Instagram closed my account and gave it to a football celebrity.

My name is Andrés Iniesta and my only mistake was having the exact name and last name as a famous football player.
I am a father who likes to take pictures of his kids, yummy food and interesting buildings in Madrid. I usually share them on instagram with friends and family.

But four days ago and without previous notice, instagram decided to close my account. The reason was that I “infringed the Terms of Use”. So I decided to carefully read the Terms of Use and once I made sure I hadn’t done any wrong doings, I proceeded to contact them through their instagram twitter handle.]

No response.
The next day I contacted them again through a different support account: instagramhelp. And…

No response either.
All this happened while I was away on holidays, so I didn’t give it too much attention and enjoyed my days off. But once I noticed that time was passing by and still hadn’t received any response from instagram, I began to worry.

A friend and follower suggested that maybe my account was being hacked in order to steal my username ainiesta. But I thought to myself: “Who would do that?”.

A couple days later, other followers reported that suddenly Andrés Iniesta the football player appeared on their “following” list. And they don’t even like football!.

Seeing that things were getting weirder, I tried to contact instagram again, this time through their Facebook contact form.

No response either.
Today, as I’m returning home from holidays, all my friends called me saying that they were seeing updates on their timelines from the other Andrés Iniesta, not mine.

I still don´t know what to do
It’s clear that my account has been “stolen”, but I don’t imagine Iniesta the player being behind this himself. Probably this has to do with his PR or Community Managent agency. And worst of all, instagram has definitely contributed to this situation.

I consider that my rights (we still have some on the internet) have been violated somehow. I haven’t done anything wrong and have lost not only my pictures, but being able to share important moments with my friends and family.

What pains me is that all of this has happened without any explanation, not even a twitter response from instagram.

I’m not a celebrity, and I don’t want to be one. I just don’t like things being taken away from me.

Thanks for reading. I’d appreciate if you could share this, maybe it reaches instagram and they decide to fix this mess.

Andrés Iniesta (not a famous football player)
UPDATE:

5 hours after writing this article, my account has been restored, but still no news from instagram about what happened or an apology.

https://medium.com/@ainiesta/how-instagram-closed-my-account-and-gave-it-to-a-football-celebrity-625a6a770eb3

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited July 2015
    Yeah Instagram has the most fucked policies. 

I have an instagram account, i never post, and just follow playboy models. The amount of times they get banned for posting bikini photos is amazing. They have a No-Nudes rule. 

Not to mention that they're a complete silo - they prevent other sites from embedding imstaram posts. 
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Yeah Instagram has the most fucked policies. 

I have an instagram account, i never post, and just follow playboy models. The amount of times they get banned for posting bikini photos is amazing. They have a No-Nudes rule. 

Not to mention that they're a complete silo - they prevent other sites from embedding imstaram posts. 
    Can you post with jS deactivated? Just asking because it's one way around sites who turn off copy pasta on image copting. I dunno how instagram work cause I ain't got an account
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    You can only post with the app. The site is view only and js heavy. 
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Woah! An app? That is a serious case of content paranoia.