Is anyone else here an atheist?

I am. I just want to know if there are other totseans here who share my disbelief.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Here!.....I share your disbelief's.
  • Good to see at least one.
    If there really was an omniscient being then our internet and countries wouldn't be controlled by political and corporate idiots.
  • If there was an omniscient being that actually gave a damn cancer and Ebola and other such terrible diseases wouldn't even exist.
    If there really was an omniscient being jeff hunter wouldn't have sprung a leak in his balls and closed totse.com down
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2015
    Tru dat.

If there really was an omniscient, omnipotent being it would have already smote Tim Minchin.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    I'm convinced no religion is true. I have no idea if there's a God. If there is I don't think he's made himself known.
  • I don't believe there is but if I did I wouldn't believe that it was anymore aware if my insignificant speck of carbon within the universe anymore than I am aware if my own mitochondria. Actually, less than that because I am aware that my mitochondria exist.
    If there is I don't think he's made himself known.
    TAA-DAA!
  • ^ I c wot u did thar!
    Religion is like a blow up doll, It's not real but the fantasy in your mind says it is.

Ercnc4f.png
  • Well, there is one difference. I'd like to have a blowup doll.
    Well, there is one difference. I'd like to have a blowup doll.
    Hey, actually a flesh light nozzle end for a vacuum cleaner. There could be money in that! And if it came with a big assed beard it could be the mouth of jesus, a hippy or a hippies girl friend....... $$$$

• Well, there is one difference. I'd like to have a blowup doll.
    I doubt I I could all freaky and shit with one because blow up dolls are so butt ugly but I would like one just for teh lulz & shit. I'd take that bish everywhere with me in the passengers seat of my car. Yep! She'd be my BBUF
  • I'd just tape the face of someone I know (watch out, could be you) over it's face since I'm a creeper like that and fuck it like crazy then spunk all over it's face. You don't want to know what after.
    I'd tape a map of my country on it's face and fuck it while wearing a picture of my government taped to mine so I can officially say I fucked my country over too.
  • Walks in, count me in :) although I go with the label agnostic to appease the idiots.
    Dfg wrote: »
    Walks in, count me in :) although I go with the label agnostic to appease the idiots.
    and the gods....

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    I'm a Frisbetarian. I believe that when you die your soul goes to a bus garage in Buffalo. Unless it gets stuck on a roof along the way like a Frisbee.
    I'm a Frisbetarian. I believe that when you die your soul goes to a bus garage in Buffalo. Unless it gets stuck on a roof along the way like a Frisbee.
    Would be the makings of a good religion. Oh yeah! Like we could all wear black nike's, commit suicide and wait for big eyed bug eyed dudes to swoop us away on their frisbees.

Just don't let DFG make the kool-aid. The last time he did it was full camel hair and fleas.
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited September 2015
    Thats good for protein. As long as he adds arsenic, strychnine or cyanide it should be fine. Hmmm maybe nightshade and foxglove if he can blend it. Nicotine poisoning seems to work great.
  • I'm an Atheist and have been since I can remember. These days I am quite interested in some elements of Buddhist philosophy, but I would never go as far as to describe myself as Buddhist in any way.
  • There are plenty if Buddhist atheists out there. Buddhism isn't technically a religion since it does not consider it's iconic figurehead to be a god nor does it acknowledge there being any other gods and does not demand worship of anyone or anything. Its really more of a set if guidelines to hep you live a good and happy life. They do still, however retain a fear about their after death like religious people do but instead of fearing hell they fear coming back as a cockroach or something worse.
    Rorta wrote: »
    I'm an Atheist and have been since I can remember. These days I am quite interested in some elements of Buddhist philosophy, but I would never go as far as to describe myself as Buddhist in any way.
    That's one belief I could never really poke at with the atheist stick. Their unbiased attitude towards others beliefs intrigued me so I downloaded bodhi linux with the enlightenment desktop and used it as my OS for about 4 years. I know it sounds like I'm making fun of buddhism, but I'm actually not. I created a lot of desktop wallpapers for bodhi linux and most of them are normally buddist themed. When I create a digital image I usually need to research the subject and this kinda got me interested in buddhism. Not the spiritual side of it but more their passive and nonjudgmental outlook on everything. That shit's a beautiful thing mang. (nohippy&nohomo)

• I usually believe in no god but sometimes I do for some reason. When I get pissed I curse at god, but when things are good I don't believe in god.

I think it's all just in the head.
    sbtlauien wrote: »
    I usually believe in no god but sometimes I do for some reason. When I get pissed I curse at god, but when things are good I don't believe in god.

I think it's all just in the head.
    When one is in deep shit : Oh "god" I'm gonna die, I am so fucked!
    Annoyance: "god"dangit Dfg you tapped the wrong hole
    During the peak of sexual release: Oh "god" granny I'm gonna cum all your wrinkled saggy old tits
    You are right, it is in our heads. Why? Because its been force fed into society by religion and government for a very long time. God was to be feared and fear is control, yet god is a loving god therefore god is also hope.

If a government proclaims themselves to be on the side of a christian god then all those gullable retarded christian believers will side with that government. If you don't believe in that governments ideas and ideals then you must be a muslim. You rarely hear about an extremist atheist.
  • They call them militant atheists. They exist but most atheists who take things to the extreme don't end up killing people for their disbelief. Most are smarter than that and are usually so militant as a result of things like the Crusades or the Inquisition or the witch trials. This isn't always the case but usually. Many atheists pride themselves for not being part of a group of people who killed others for the sake of their imaginary friend.

Furthermore, the militant atheists are always quick to speak out against someone for being religious at all and get "offended" easily. They often make the rest of us look bad but I agree with the their points, just not some of their methods.
    Furthermore, the militant atheists are always quick to speak out against someone for being religious at all and get "offended" easily.
    Ahhh.... Like christians do when you mention other beliefs?

• Fellow atheist here. Militant atheists need to mind their own fucking business as much as the fundies do.

And fuck Dawkins, the man may be right about a lot of things, but he's such an incredible asshole that he makes the rest of us look bad. The stuff he's wrong about, like how it's not really a big deal if kids get diddled a bit, just gives the fundies ammo to use against all of us.

I really think it's silly to entertain the possibility of god. It's just stories passed down. Frankenstein is a story that's been passed down for the past few hundred years, should we start believing in reconstructed man-monsters. What if I told you about an ancient legend that Jupiter will crack open some time in the near future and a space dragon will come out? There is no more evidence for that than there is for any god you care to name.

Without any evidence, it's just stories. Culturally important stories, but stories.
    Prometheus wrote: »
    What if I told you about an ancient legend that Jupiter will crack open some time in the near future and a space dragon will come out?
    If they ever made a high budget movie out of that I would watch it more than twice.
  • bornkiller wrote: »
    If they ever made a high budget movie out of that I would watch it more than twice.

There is a Doctor Who episode where this happens but it was the moon hatching a apace dragon.
    bornkiller wrote: »

There is a Doctor Who episode where this happens but it was the moon hatching a apace dragon.

I give you a pace dragon.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fW6iUTdqdLI/TdwsqRiVGxI/AAAAAAAACKQ/0pqDAjytC8M/s1600/dragon+car2.jpg
  • OMG that is so cool.
  • I'm agnostic in the real sense. I am definitely not atheist because I have no issue imagining there is a god but describing God isn't possible on the mortal plain. It's kind of like an old Korean War artillery colonel told me:

Three blind men walk up to an elephant

The first grabs a leg and says, "it must be a tree"

The second grabs the trunk and says "it's a snake"

The third grabs the tail and says "it's a donkey"

The fact that God doesn't live up to our expectations of him results in many people dismissing the possibility of a higher power. I just never could get down with that.

I also believe in Jesus although there is mounting evidence he may not have really existed. I find the basic message he shared (or in actuality maybe multiple people shared) the important thing. I don't believe all the bull shit spin the church put on his story (there is a lot)

Currently I'm interested in Gnosticism. The gnostic sect is hard to define and it has many threads and close cousins throughout history, but it is intriguing to me.

If anyone is interested in a pretty cool podcast about Gnosticism

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/aeon-byte-gnostic-radio-show/id347832278?mt=2

And his website

http://www.thegodabovegod.com

Indras Net

Sorry for the wall of text
  • Its not that I have a problem with the idea of there being a god. It just makes sense to me to believe things that can be proven.
    Did you hear about the agnostic dyslexic insomniac?

He used to lie awake all night and wonder if there really was a Dog.
  • Ahahaha.

But yeah it does make more sense to be atheist. I'm just slightly spiritual is all. Maybe it's superstition from having used to be catholic though
    A Christian lady who lived next door to an atheist

There was a Christian lady who lived next door to an atheist.
    Every day, when the lady prayed, the atheist guy could hear her.
    He thought to himself, "She sure is crazy, praying all the time like that. Doesn't she know there isn't a God?"

Many times while she was praying, he would go to her house and harass her, saying "Lady, why do you pray all the time? Don't you know there is no God?" But she kept on praying.

One day, she ran out of groceries. As usual, she was praying to the Lord explaining her situation and thanking Him for what He was gonna do. As usual, the atheist heard her praying and thought to himself, "Humph! I'll fix her."

He went to the grocery store, bought a whole bunch of groceries, took them to her house, dropped them off on the front porch, rang the door bell and then hid in the bushes to see what she would do. When she opened the door and saw the groceries, she began to praise the Lord with all her heart, jumping, singing and shouting everywhere! The atheist then jumped out of the bushes and told her, "You ol' crazy lady, God didn't buy you those groceries, I bought those groceries!" At hearing this, she broke out and started running down the street, shouting and praising the Lord.

When he finally caught her, he asked what her problem was. She said, "I knew the Lord would provide me with some groceries, but I didn't know he was gonna make the devil pay for them!"

He thought to himself, "She sure is crazy, praying all the time like that. Doesn't she know there isn't a God?"

Many times while she was praying, he would go to her house and harass her, saying "Lady, why do you pray all the time? Don't you know there is no God?" But she kept on praying.

One day, she ran out of groceries. As usual, she was praying to the Lord explaining her situation and thanking Him for what He was gonna do. As usual, the atheist heard her praying and thought to himself, "Humph! I'll fix her."

He went to the grocery store, bought a whole bunch of groceries, took them to her house, dropped them off on the front porch, rang the door bell and then hid in the bushes to see what she would do. When she opened the door and saw the groceries, she began to praise the Lord with all her heart, jumping, singing and shouting everywhere! The atheist then jumped out of the bushes and told her, "You ol' crazy lady, God didn't buy you those groceries, I bought those groceries!" At hearing this, she broke out and started running down the street, shouting and praising the Lord.

When he finally caught her, he asked what her problem was. She said, "I knew the Lord would provide me with some groceries, but I didn't know he was gonna make the devil pay for them!"
    Cute

I'm a millitant fedora tipping atheist but that was pretty funny.
    Like this!

Q6doY9s.png
    Like this!

Q6doY9s.png

Yes but way more handsome obviously.
  • I'm not exactly militant. I go out of my way to avoid the topic all together but if someone just says some offensive shit or something down right ridiculous or uses their religious belief to justify bigotry I usually end up saying something. I get into debates with people on facebook and in chat rooms. I spend a lot of my time these days in chat rooms.
    Like this!

Q6doY9s.png

Yes but way more handsome obviously.

fqNIijO.png

Typo fixed and nailed it, yah?
    I'm not exactly militant. I go out of my way to avoid the topic all together but if someone just says some offensive shit or something down right ridiculous or uses their religious belief to justify bigotry I usually end up saying something. I get into debates with people on facebook and in chat rooms. I spend a lot of my time these days in chat rooms.
    I'm not militant unless provoked, but fuck, me that's just human nature kicking in. I can talk to others about their beliefs & listen to their perspectives, I'm quite comfortable with that. However I noticed many religious individuals tend to get more frustrated when you don't choose to believe what they have to say. They can't seem to grasp reality & accept the fact that there are those who have different beliefs and it tends to frustrate them. The ol "I see ghosts so why can't you? I'm not insane,I'm not insane, I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,I'm not insane,"

• I've been told by Alex jones that arthism is a low level tool implemented by satanists so suck it tools.

Actually that's not exactly what he said. Something about how certain people believe in evil and the "real power" it brings them and they use arthism somehow while the "elite(?)" aethists now all about how it's furthering the "evil(?)" agenda.

Can't remember the exact words but it wouldn't surprise me that sick fucks would push aetheism to pursue evil agendas one bit. But then I'm reminded of all the evils done in religions name and it pretty much throws that theory right out the window.
  • Also I can't spell worth a damn and should not blindly trust autocorrect which I'm convinced is trying to either a) dumb us all down by using smaller words because we are to lazy to use a dictionary or b) is trying to make people like me look retarded. Probably b
  • I've heard that argument before or at least something similar to it. There are several flaws in it to be pointed out. Primarily the fundamental rule of atheism is that and atheist doesn't believe in deities. That doesn't mean an atheist doesn't believe specifically in your god or specifically your sister's god, it means an atheist doesn't believe in ANY gods. That includes the deity satan and all variations of it included in all religions. Since atheists don't believe in satan, since it is a deity, that argument makes absolutely no since. I have, however, met satanists pretending to be atheists. Those guys are annoying as fuck.

Secondly, the idea that disbelief in deities goes hand in hand with immorality is the one of the most offensive concepts you can discuss with an atheist. You don't have to be religious to be a decent human being. In fact most of the popular religious texts teach morals that are widely considered to be unethical, perverted, inhumane and even illegal. Not to mention there has never been a war throughout all of history started for the sake of expanding atheism.

Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not going off on you. Just pointing out how the position Alex Jones takes is ludicrous.
    Who the fuck is this "Alex Jones" guy? So far I know he seems to be a catalyst for debate. Or should I say a troll. :D