Dark Temple

edited December 2018 in Help and Suggestions
As a longstanding &T user, I've witnessed the 'glory days' of the forums. A repository of informative textfiles, many on 'taboo' subjects. I saw how it died a slow death by the jenkem-fueled idiocracy of the 4chan refugees, not unlike an elephant being dragged down by a pack of hyenas. I also was there for the spinoffs that came about . Totse2, Zoklet, ParadoxSector, etc, etc. Zoklet in particular was haunted with frequent demands from federal agencies.

Totse not only had strong founding principles, it had a userbase of people with diverse talents. You could ask car questions and get an automotive expert. You could ask about firearms and get the input of a gunsmith. Same story was true across any of the forums. BLTC, BB, etc. The only thing that would get you banned is shitposting.

The climate of the internet has changed. People are flagged just for searching the wrong things. Freedom of speech is being lost.
People succumb to complacency and sacrifice liberty for convenience. In order to preserve a venue of candid discussion, there needs to be relative anonymity. I'm proposing a dark web reincarnation of &T. Something to attract an astute and diverse userbase. A place to preserve and share knowledge.

I'm posting this idea to this site because it's possibly the last semblance of &T. The spirit is intact. It just needs to be nurtured and brought back to it's former splendor. In order to succeed, this project would require a committed staff of developers, moderators, and of course users.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    Totse is dead leave it for.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Totse can't be restored to its former glory because of the way our network culture has changed. I found totse interesting then because of all the useful shit that was in the grey area, if ya know what I mean! Then along came youtube & fucked it all up will vid tutorials. To top it off social network interaction has moved from forums to social media like fuckin failbook.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    Social media just reinforces the fact that I am surrounded by fucking idiots. Youtube is great in some ways but honestly reading something is far quicker than watching a long drawn out video guide that has been purposely drawn out for the ad revenue. Totse now days simply cannot compete with the vast amounts of info available through things like Google. As a uni student, i'd be lost without the ease of pulling out my phone in class to google a topic I don't quite understand.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    Yeah, I use google for search resource and shit. It's good to prove some blow arses your talking to at the time are so full of shit.