A little help for my friend?

NamasteNamaste Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Poor thing is having a really hard time with his weight loss, and he's like really discouraged and all. I don't even know what to say to him anymore, I just feel so bad.

So any good advice for him on how to stay motivated and what might help make it simpler for him? I'd appreciate any really good advice y'all have for him...

Comments

• NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    join a gym and get a trainer fatty :mad:

He is a member of a gym, but I don't know about the trainer thing... that might be a good thing to look into...
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    Come on, someone here must have some decent advice on how to keep him motivated...
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get him on a treadmill. Put a donut on the end of a stick just out of reach. He'll burn off tons of calories.

Serious answer: he needs to change his diet. That's the only thing that will make you lose weight. Eat very little sugar, less carbs, more vegetables and protein. No alcohol, no soft drinks or juices. All of these are full of calories. He needs to eat lean meat like chicken breast and tuna, get protein from eggs, and limit carb intake. You still need fiber, so eating things like a couple slices of whole wheat bread a day is fine.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Serious answer: he needs to change his diet. That's the only thing that will make you lose weight. Eat very little sugar, less carbs, more vegetables and protein. No alcohol, no soft drinks or juices. All of these are full of calories. He needs to eat lean meat like chicken breast and tuna, get protein from eggs, and limit carb intake. You still need fiber, so eating things like a couple slices of whole wheat bread a day is fine.

Yeah, I try to tell him that. He says he eats right, but I know he doesn't, because he's all the time on facebook posting about like going out to these restaurants with people and stuff. I don't know. =/ I'm really worried about him. I don't know if it's a motivation thing, or what, but he's at serious health risk at this point, so he really needs to get serious about this... =/
  • JFLC BGJFLC BG Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Just let him die, he'll never lose weight.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    JFLC BG wrote: »

But he's like a brother to me and I love him. :( I want him to live a long happy, life...
    edited July 2010
    Namaste wrote: »
    But he's like a brother to me and I love him. :( I want him to live a long happy, life...

Fat people are usually not happy, and never live long lives.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010

Yeah, that's, like, the whole point of this thread...
  • SteppenwolfSteppenwolf Acolyte
    edited July 2010

wtf? Jonah Hill is living proof man.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get him a subway deal. He could make money, get free food, and lose wait.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    JFLC BG wrote: »

Fucking lol.

If he realistically wants to lose weight then REALISTICALLY he has to cut down on junk food while slowly upstarting his physical mobility. Don't just tell him to cut junk food out straight away, otherwise he'll never do it. Slowly and steadily, yo. He should start cutting down on his intake of food weekly. It'll take a long ass time, depending on his fatness. You should also have sex with him since sex is probably the best exercise there is. Be a friend. :mad:
  • SteppenwolfSteppenwolf Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Stop talking in 3rd person, OP!
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    Stop talking in 3rd person, OP!

Uh, I'm not... :confused:
    Daily wrote: »

If he realistically wants to lose weight then REALISTICALLY he has to cut down on junk food while slowly upstarting his physical mobility. Don't just tell him to cut junk food out straight away, otherwise he'll never do it. Slowly and steadily, yo. He should start cutting down on his intake of food weekly. It'll take a long ass time, depending on his fatness. You should also have sex with him since sex is probably the best exercise there is. Be a friend. :mad:

Yeah, I know. I just don't know how to push him to do that, really. I mean, I guess I can't control what he does, but it kills me to see him like this...
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I know. I just don't know how to push him to do that, really. I mean, I guess I can't control what he does, but it kills me to see him like this...

You asked him to have sex with you and he turned it down? Shi. :(
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    Daily wrote: »
    You asked him to have sex with you and he turned it down? Shi. :(

Uh. No. Not that part. XD But I guess I wasn't very clear...
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2010
    delete him off facebook, he will get the clue. its hard to keep other people motivated, you cant do everyones work for them, maybe go to the gym with him, or some healthy places to eat with him
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just ask him to go on walks will you all the time. Just mediocre walks and take him to your place to eat and feed him wholesome foods. Full of fiber and vitamins to help allow him to walk more and more.
    edited July 2010
    wtf? Jonah Hill is living proof man.

That guy is 27. He won't be alive for much longer.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    delete him off facebook, he will get the clue. its hard to keep other people motivated, you cant do everyones work for them, maybe go to the gym with him, or some healthy places to eat with him

Why would deleting him off facebook clue him in to anything? :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    murder/suicide.

The only solution.
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited July 2010
    You gotta feel good about it to make a positive change.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    KundaLini wrote: »
    You gotta feel good about it to make a positive change.

Yeah, this makes sense. Unfortunately, my friend is 100% negative, 100% of the time.

I think I'm just going to have to lure him into it by using what I got... and I don't have much. But Daily had the best idea here, and I don't know what else to do, so...
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    You just like that idea because it means sex.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    Get yourself, err uhm i mean your friend on an ECA stack. Tell him/her/yourself to post a picture of someone he wants to look like next to his on his wall or something, thats what one of my fat friends did.

ECA= ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin, but it all separately and it will be a lot cheaper then being them all together in a supplement.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    You just like that idea because it means sex.

Uh, well, for one, I'm a virgin, and the idea of actual sex actual makes me panic. But I'm taking the general idea and rewarding him with special pics of myself. Which he wants for whatever dumbass reason.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    And for the record, I seriously am talking about my friend. Yeah, I'm fat, but I KNOW already what I have to do in order to fix that, I don't have to make a thread asking a bunch of half-wits for lame advice. Seriously. Y'all are ridiculous.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    And for the record, I seriously am talking about my friend. Yeah, I'm fat, but I KNOW already what I have to do in order to fix that, I don't have to make a thread asking a bunch of half-wits for lame advice. Seriously. Y'all are ridiculous.

You did ask all these "half-wits" advice to help your friend. If you know how to lose weight and do it properly you should have no problem with your friend then huh? D
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    You did ask all these "half-wits" advice to help your friend. If you know how to lose weight and do it properly you should have no problem with your friend then huh? D

Not exactly. It's easier to do something yourself than it is to motivate someone else to do it. I was looking for tips to make it easier and to motivate him. I don't need that. I'm fine. But I mean, I'm at a loss for how to help him, so I had to ask someone.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Uh, well, for one, I'm a virgin, and the idea of actual sex actual makes me panic. But I'm taking the general idea and rewarding him with special pics of myself. Which he wants for whatever dumbass reason.

This is just more of a reason for you to want to get laid. Dont lie to totseans. Thats just not right.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Maybe you should be his workout partner? Perhaps you don't need to lose weight or anything but having a mate there may motivate him to keep to a schedule etc. Also as someone else mentioned: Get him to hire a trainer as they are also excellent motivators. Sticking with the schedule is the hardest part. If he can keep at it the weight will come off eventually. As long as he doesn't gorge himself on food all the time.
    edited July 2010
    Go on walks. Suck his dick afterward.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    This is just more of a reason for you to want to get laid. Dont lie to totseans. Thats just not right.

I'm not lying, but okay...
    edited July 2010
    Tell him to eat less. Voila.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm not lying, but okay...

I'm just messing and you know it.
    Buuuuuuuuttttttttt on a side note if you are over the age of 16 and you are a virgin and you see a chance to lose it you sieze is so I kinda don't believe you but really I'm just messing with you.
    edited July 2010
    Losing virginity is really not a big deal. People need to get over it.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    Losing virginity is really not a big deal. People need to get over it.

*Cough* virgin *cough*
    edited July 2010
    *Cough* virgin *cough*

Well played, albeit a bit predictable. Unfortunately for you, I'm not a virgin. I can post picks of my dick in a girl's mouth if you'd like. I don't think I have any pics of me actually having sex, though.