Wtf

Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
2010: Texas City chemical leak

Two weeks prior to the Deepwater Horizon explosion BP admitted that malfunctioning equipment lead to the release of over 530,000 lbs of chemicals into the air of Texas City and surrounding areas from April 6 to May 16. The leak included 17,000 pounds of benzene (a known carcinogen), 37,000 pounds of nitrogen oxides (which contributes to respiratory problems), and 186,000 pounds of carbon monoxide.[69][70]

Look, even before they were fucking over the world's oceans, BP was poisoning the air around Texas City and getting away with it scot free. What the fuck is up with these dudes, anybody think they're reptilians or something like that? How can they get away with repeatedly damaging the ecosystems humans inhabit, if it's allowed to continue much longer we might not be able to even bear living in the changed environment. Every time I look on CNN they look like they're laughing at me, licking their lips and thinking about taking a swim in all that lovely oil soaked water to preserve their scales or something. Yeah :confused:

Comments

• MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a BP by my neighborhood. Makes me sick when I drive past it and I see numerous cars filling up.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    Erorr wrote: »
    I just hate how it becomes comical and part of pop culture and the disaster is made into a joke.

We always turn tragedy into comedy through the media to lessen the concern to it and this shit is serious. We cant just laugh at this like it doesnt actually make an impact to our planet and ecosystem.

Exactly, just like how the bush administration was turned into fodder for late night jokes and dramatic news chatter for daytime news, insted of people looking at the situation seriously it gets spun into a dramatic distraction.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Erorr wrote: »
    I just hate how it becomes comical and part of pop culture and the disaster is made into a joke.

We always turn tragedy into comedy through the media to lessen the concern to it and this shit is serious. We cant just laugh at this like it doesnt actually make an impact to our planet and ecosystem.

Would I have spent 1-2 hours reading about Reptilian origin and bloodlines if I didn't believe in em. Mothafucker this is a Conspiracy! not some circle jerk about ethics.
    edited July 2010
    ......I'm serious :mad:
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited July 2010
    Kill BP. I mean it kinda sucks for the franchise owners who didn't contribute to the spill at all but seriously bp cant get away without being punished at all. Although BP did not own or operare the rig. Transocean did. I don't see how they aren't getting any blame in this. In my opinion Trans-ocean is mostly to blame and BP's kind of a scapegoat although they shouldn't be seen as blameless either.
    edited July 2010
    :confused: why aren't the manufacturers being equally blamed. WTF, with two corporations spearheading the recovery process....goddamnit :facepalm: they're definitely reptile people.
  • VickyVicky Regular
    edited August 2010
    What about Transocean and Haliburton?

Oh wait they got away basically scot free even though one of them were doing the work when the incident happened.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    Vicky wrote: »
    What about Transocean and Haliburton?

Oh wait they got away basically scot free even though one of them were doing the work when the incident happened.

Sounds like a inside job.