tramadol + oxycodone

MorningsideMorningside Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I've got 250 mgs of tramadol and 5 mgs of oxycodone. I never much liked tramadol, do you think a small amount of oxy will make it any better?

Comments

• BodilYFluidSBodilYFluidS Regular
    edited July 2010
    only one way to find out really. i happen to like tramadol btw.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited July 2010
    Ive taken tramadol and hydrocodon before and it seemed to help.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Well I just took it so I guess i'll find out soon. Also I'm already drunk and soon to be high. good times...
    edited July 2010
    so hows it working out?
    edited July 2010
    Well, I'm pretty fucked up, so it worked out very well.
    edited July 2010
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I have a little experience combining the two, I did it this 4th of July. But I did more on the order of 40mg oxycodone (I have a tolerance) and 100mg tramadol. But if you only have 5mg oxy and no tolerance, I'd take 150-200mg tram and that 5mg oxy. Tramadol lasts longer, and has a longer peak/plateau so I would take the tramadol 30-45minutes before the oxy. It should enhance the effects, no doubt.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Tramadol definitely 'enhances' the effects. I combined Tramadol and Vicodin before and felt much more of a warming effect than I would normally feel. Alone though the Tramadol barely effects me.
  • KowKow Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Tramadol, in my experience, is a very happy drug. Not a very good body high, but I'm very smiley and stuff around people. Kinda like vicodin but, again, without as big of a body high.

I vaguely remember some minor potentiation properties of tramadol, but I might be mistaken. Can anyone verify this?
  • ilovechronicilovechronic Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    IIRC tramadol has a active metabolite that is a partial agonist for the MU receptors. Though I am not sure about its affinity for the opioid recptors compared to the full agonist in question.

Basically it may be counter productive. A person that is opioid naive/not dependant it will not really matter but if you are dependant it may antagonize the full agonists if there is enough of the active metabolite and its affinity is higher.
    edited July 2010
    I just took some tramadol by itself and it feels kinda "speedy." Normally I drink when I do tram and it feels like a light opiate buzz.

Feels weird man.
    edited July 2010
    I just took some tramadol by itself and it feels kinda "speedy." Normally I drink when I do tram and it feels like a light opiate buzz.

Feels weird man.

That is because it has an SSNRI effect.
  • John StamosJohn Stamos Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Who would have thought that a quasi-opiate would have an effect on another opiate....:facepalm:
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited July 2010
    IIRC tramadol has a active metabolite that is a partial agonist for the MU receptors. Though I am not sure about its affinity for the opioid recptors compared to the full agonist in question.

Basically it may be counter productive. A person that is opioid naive/not dependant it will not really matter but if you are dependant it may antagonize the full agonists if there is enough of the active metabolite and its affinity is higher.

This is what I was hopeing I would not have to type out. My spelling is horrible.

Btw, good to see some intellegent names from the old totse.

In the future, to other posters: if you are asking something or wondering something, pay attention to what this guy says. He knows his information.
    edited July 2010
  • fr0st_Bytefr0st_Byte Sumpin' c00L
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, good to see you also frost byte.

Stay with me in PMs.

If you have ideas on something that needs to be done mod wise.