Using the moon to grow super soldiers

Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
eh I just read that if you can lift 100 lbs. on Earth, on the moon you could lift 600 easily because of the disparity in gravitational force. But the article went on to proclaim that since that lower gravity means that you would grow much larger and stronger on the moon than earth, a 'strongman' on the moon could lift around 2000 lbs. That motherfucker could lift the average-on-the-moon 600lbs, on fucking earth :eek:

So if they don't do this now (have children growing up on the moon to get fuckin ripped and ready for rigged UFC fights / war) then they're idiots.

Comments

• MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think it would work better the other way around, having a man grow up on a large planet with a strong gravitational pull. That way the weight he can pull will be doubled or tripled whenever he decides to wreak havoc on a smaller planet.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    lol how would that be useful :D
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Just like Marijuanasaurus says it's the other way around
    Indeed you will go taller but your bones density will be very weak and your heart won't be able to support your body in heavier gravity. There's also problem from space radiation and stuff.
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think it would work better the other way around, having a man grow up on a large planet with a strong gravitational pull. That way the weight he can pull will be doubled or tripled whenever he decides to wreak havoc on a smaller planet.
    Reminds me of Dragonballz :o

I think you'd need to grow up on the moon to be able to grow bigger, then move to a heavy gravity planet to gain muscle otherwise you'd have super strong midgets which would be entertaining, if only for a small amount of time :p
    edited July 2010
    No like, you could weight train with boulders and stuff. It doesn't matter that the gravity is lower, you can lift more. Stop basing your answers off of dragon ball z, I'm onto you now :hrmph:
  • SkittlesSkittles Regular
    edited July 2010
    No like, you could weight train with boulders and stuff. It doesn't matter that the gravity is lower, you can lift more. Stop basing your answers off of dragon ball z, I'm onto you now :hrmph:

I'll stick with my hyperbolic time chamber.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    It would obviously be best to be exposed to a variety of gravities and other environmental stimulus in order to get balance as well as a wide range of tolerance.
    edited July 2010
    Skittles wrote: »
    I'll stick with my hyperbolic time chamber.

There isn't one :mad:. Anywhere :mad:.

Seriously I bet they do this on the Dark Side of the Moon :eek:
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is all hearsay I once knew a guy that was on the moon for years, he aint got none of that body decayitis.

I think his name was Scooter Mctrollin.
  • edited July 2010
    Not only would what you're describing yield soldiers who would be very weak on Earth, but changes in gravity and other factors (As D̉̋ilẻ̡̓t͓tant͖͑̓e pointed out) could fuck things up.

I think the future of conventional interplanetary warfare will be machines. Human armies will be too inefficient to move around (Due to them needing food, living space, etc) and too vulnerable to changes in their environments. Machines powered either by some sort of nuclear or renewable energy could be built to function on almost any planet in any conditions.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    ^^Until they become self conscious & aware and are like, "Fuck this war bullshit."