Starting Shit With People...

iSoapeiSoape Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Why... Why do we do it? Why do we care whether someone is wrong or right? Aren't we all just organisms trying to live?

Surely we're all just trying to get by...

Is it out of joy, spite, self-loathing?

I am curious. Here on the net, we have a nice clean slate; a tabula rasa, so why do we get so worked up over a post here or a thread there?

"Omg this is not the right forum!" *Freak out* *debate* *arguments* *flame*

As far as this forum goes, I am interested in what people say, but nothing they say will affect me negatively. I love it here for the sheer anonymity, the ability to say what the fuck ever, when the fuck ever, about the fuck ever... (pardon the excessive language, really degrades my overall point)

So why must there be brawl?

I'm not going with the cliche, "smoke one and chill out," there's much more to it than that.

So in this thread I ask you, what truly upsets you in person, in these forums and why?

- 4:00 am and after the bar :D

Comments

• fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm upset by rudeness, uncleanliness, stupidity, and overall unpleasantness. Online? Nothing bothers me except boring shit. I come on totse for release, entertainment, escape and to learn. If I can't learn or be entertained, I get annoyed.
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    A very thoughtful and relevant statement that I can mostly stand behind... Mmmm, uncleanliness is circumstantial for me... I've traveled far and wide and I'll be the first to admit a ready bath is always available... Rudeness does irritate me. Wait, that's not right, INFURIATES ME! If we're all here living on a single planet then let's fucking enjoy it! Why must we make it miserable for our peers, our society?! We're all stuck in the same shit storm, let's at least try to enjoy SOMETHING out of it together and not fuck each other over...
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I have to agree. I don't understand why people can't simply have manners and behave in a polite and courteous way. I'm serious. It bothers me to see people out and about acting like fucking babies about everything. They complain about their coffee or food or they bitch about standing in line or they're a dick to the cashier. It's ridiculous. I'm always very polite because people deserve to be treated in a courteous manner. I'm also very clean. I like to shower 2x a day. I'm pretty sensitive to smell and I can't stand being gross, unless I'm out camping or something where it won't matter. When I'm in the city I have to be very clean.

Online, meh, nothing much is around to bother me anymore. As a totse veteran, I don't get riled up easily.
  • kfc v lotkfc v lot Regular
    edited July 2010
    Personally I try to stay out of arguments full stop I really don't care enough about most things for it to be worth it. Maybe I'm just apathetic, there is of course the exception of my drinking buddy when I get drunk who seems to start arguments about anything...
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    kfc v lot wrote: »
    Personally I try to stay out of arguments full stop I really don't care enough about most things for it to be worth it. Maybe I'm just apathetic, there is of course the exception of my drinking buddy when I get drunk who seems to start arguments about anything...

Welllll, I can say I've been guilty of that before... starting arguments for the sake of arguing while drunk. It's rather fun, I don't even believe 1/3rd of what I argue for. But I find playing the devil's advocate really lets one's self able to explore the psyche of another.

Again, that's not me starting shit. That's just me arguing with my CLOSE friends :).
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010
    Because people are just born assholes and it is in our nature to be cruel
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Usually I do it to give entertainment to the other boarders. But if the flame war is going to be really boring, I don't reply. Depends how good and/or funny my comebacks are.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    Fuck you, you're wrong and I know it. I dare you to argue it faggot, but you're going to lose, because I'm always right.
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    I dun liek it when people shit over my forums when I come with a specific purpose to see XYZ... thus I rage.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010