If there's one thing that this whole totse.info/Zok and Wires shit taught me

edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
it was that the majority of the &T/&Z userbase needs to get the fuck off the internet and out in the real world more often. The internet is great, but is it serious business? No. This whole meltdown and mass exodus and Zoklet subsequently devolving into what now looks like a rant contest just proves that people are taking all of this far too seriously.

That's the only thing I've had to say about any of this shit so far. And it's all I'm gonna say. I came here because this is where the actual &T spirit went. Reading through the various rant contests on both sites, I :facepalm:ed a lot, and realized some of you need to go outdoors and meet people in real life some more.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    What rant contests?

Why are they even having rant contests, anyway?
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's all about balance brah
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I came to this realization last summer during the First Great Exodus of Z. Shit gets crazy at the start of every summer it seems all the way through, probably due to boredom. I don't even know what happened with Spectral, GreyFox, Dfg, Wires, and Zok. I know none of that drama, and while the e-drama queen inside me wants to know, my brain says "It's not worth it."
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I agree with OP. It was fun for a while but damn, those guys are serious.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    What outside world are you speaking about?

EDIT: ..but yeah, I know what you mean. It was fun for a while for me as well but it gets old and boring and lame after the first 36 hours or so. So fuck that. I thought I'd never say it, but shit like that made me miss getting into a fistfight and get my ass beaten in real life.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    The sun hurts my eyes.
  • metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Its all fun and games for the first couple days or so but then it sets in and your like oh fuck I just wasted 2 days of my life following the drama and arguing with people I will probably never meet in real life. :facepalm:
  • edited July 2010
    I didn't follow anything except topic titles for the most part. Really that's all you need to know. The majority of the posters I recognized as good posters moved here, so I came here as well.
  • Sasha GrapeSasha Grape Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Shit got WAY too serious, for sure. But like I said before, it's amusing to watch it from an observer point of view. A lot of nerds and dorks furiously typing on laptops and fuming moderators... it's funny.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    i want to leave, but my dad has locked the basement door.

help me
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    Shit got WAY too serious, for sure. But like I said before, it's amusing to watch it from an observer point of view. A lot of nerds and dorks furiously typing on laptops and fuming moderators... it's funny.

Yr welcome. I have nothing to do with my life so TOTSE = SRS BSNS, :3
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    I came here because Zok did nothing but try and make his shit hole something off of the Totse name.
  • CaesarCaesar Regular
    edited July 2010
    If the events have taught me anything it's that the internet and everybody on it is fucking hillarious.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can't keep up with the fucking drama man. It's so much bullshit. I do get curious though, which is what kills me :facepalm:
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Agreed; people should just let it go now and/or apologize. We're living in a society here!
  • woodwood Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's funny for a while. You can definitely see who's making troll posts and who's being serious. It's just the trolls inevitably lose interest and then you're just scrolling through page after page of DaGuru-esque bullshit.
  • 007GoldenShower007GoldenShower New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    You do realise you people are the ones who take it seriously? That's why you've come here pretending this is some sort of new Totse.

Zoklet is better off without you dull users.
  • edited July 2010
    You do realise you people are the ones who take it seriously? That's why you've come here pretending this is some sort of new Totse.

lol k.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010

If you think that's the case then go back on it you queer. No ones stopping you from leaving.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    If you think that's the case then go back on it you queer. No ones stopping you from leaving.

Easy there tiger. I think he is denial. Let him be. He will come to his senses sooner or later.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »

Easy there tiger. I think he is denial. Let him be. He will come to his senses sooner or later.

Your right...I blew up there :(
  • Pill PopperPill Popper Regular
    edited July 2010

Bullshit

While it was funny
    It became annoying very fast and I highly doubt everyone in those flame wars were dorks
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    LSA King wrote: »
    I came to this realization last summer during the First Great Exodus of Z. Shit gets crazy at the start of every summer it seems all the way through, probably due to boredom. I don't even know what happened with Spectral, GreyFox, Dfg, Wires, and Zok. I know none of that drama, and while the e-drama queen inside me wants to know, my brain says "It's not worth it."

Can someone fill me in on this? I don't remember a First Great Exodus last summer. Last summer as I recall we'd really just got well-established as a community again on Zoklet. Did I miss something?
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited July 2010
    Internet > real life.

There is nothing you can in real life that's more enjoyable than the stuff you can do with a computer.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited July 2010
    Have any of you actually been outside & had a social life in a while? Because drama IRL is over 9000 times worse than drama online. And lord forbid the two overlap.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    I would just like to say, I'm totally gonna get an IRL life soon but not really.
    edited July 2010
  • PopePope Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is true. I became so obsessed with my zoklet post count, I would be online like 10 hours a day, while still going to school. I posted constantly and made a name for myself, which isnt worth shit, and got a usertitle and an avatar. I ignored people, didnt do shit, and hung out with friends like a total of 10 times in 10 months. Sure Id take breaks here and there, but what was fucked up was I actually cared what you guys thought of me, and took it to heart.

Getting my account deleted from zoklet was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I got one of the best jobs in the world, I have confidence like you wouldnt believe, I hang out with friends almost every night, I got laid, and I stop by here occasionally.

In this past week, I got a girls number in 30 seconds, another girls number just by speaking in spanish, and another girls number from new zealand. I hung out with this adorable british girl last night too.

My life is fucking choice right now, and if I was still on zoklet, I think I would be worried about getting grand duke status even though the titles were taken away.
  • edited July 2010
    Bukujutsu wrote: »
    Internet > real life.

There is nothing you can in real life that's more enjoyable than the stuff you can do with a computer.

Oh shit, not you again.
    edited July 2010
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Pope wrote: »
    This is true. I became so obsessed with my zoklet post count, I would be online like 10 hours a day, while still going to school. I posted constantly and made a name for myself, which isnt worth shit, and got a usertitle and an avatar. I ignored people, didnt do shit, and hung out with friends like a total of 10 times in 10 months. Sure Id take breaks here and there, but what was fucked up was I actually cared what you guys thought of me, and took it to heart.

Getting my account deleted from zoklet was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I got one of the best jobs in the world, I have confidence like you wouldnt believe, I hang out with friends almost every night, I got laid, and I stop by here occasionally.

In this past week, I got a girls number in 30 seconds, another girls number just by speaking in spanish, and another girls number from new zealand. I hung out with this adorable british girl last night too.

My life is fucking choice right now, and if I was still on zoklet, I think I would be worried about getting grand duke status even though the titles were taken away.

Living life is important. I think a lot of people get caught up in online shit and need to get out and do things like socialize and get laid.

If you need any Spanish phrases you should check out my thread in cunning linguists. I'll translate for ya.
  • BukujutsuBukujutsu The Angry Inch
    edited July 2010
    Oh shit, not you again.

I never left. I was banned from Zoklet because Zok didn't want me there due to the stunts I pulled on TOTSE, I kid you not, the reason I was banned was "user not welcome here", so I had to use another username, which I think is quite fitting.