Is this really TOTSE?

DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I don't know why everyone's mentioning this site as the 'real totse'.

Besides the theme and the portal, it's not much different from Zoklet, apart from the # of members.

So what gives???

Comments

• metameta Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia,

What we are trying to do here is bridge together the communities of Totse2 and Zoklet, the two main totse clones after the close of Totse(.com). I feel that once this site Totse(.info) can be safely called the "real" totse once we gather a decent user base comparable to that of a pre close Totese(.com). We want to accomplish a one stop site for all things totse and I think we are well on our way to accomplishing that. The layout is perfect, most of the .txt files are available and day by day we are building a quality and credible user base.
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's different because as you said the focus is on this place being totse, rather than zoklet.
  • NightsideNightside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dysgraphia wrote: »
    I don't know why everyone's mentioning this site as the 'real totse'.

Besides the theme and the portal, it's not much different from Zoklet, apart from the # of members.

So what gives???

Look at both websites and notice how they are modernized, far away from what this place used to be.

Look at the aura of this place, everyone feels nostalgia, all the oldies are coming back.

Look at how fast this place is growing. Hopefully it continues to grow. Of course will probably plateau sometime, but we need new people to come on in.

It is greatly different from both of them.
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    only time will tell. i hope it does eventually become like totse.

however, remember that at the moment, totse.info is just a filtered version of zoklet's userbase, which is in turn a filtered version of the original totse's

having awesome rules and generally being "free" wont make it successful unless we get some more textfiles and experts in the specialty forums
  • edited July 2010
    Well, the way I see things, Zoklet suffered from having a weak grasp on the totse spirit after a while. Mods got power-happy, Zok made a lot of bad mod choices, and a lot of people came here as soon as it opened up.

Totse2 on the other hand was always laughable. That site sucked from day 1.
  • AKIRAAKIRA Regular
    edited July 2010
    This better be the real totse, or im going to be covering your house with shit
  • KundaLiniKundaLini Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is the realest &totse out there, so.....
  • edited July 2010
    What is it again that's preventing someone from using (Using as in running the site) the original Totse site?
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited July 2010
    What is it again that's preventing someone from using (Using as in running the site) the original Totse site?

Jeff doesn't wanna sell the domain. I think he just wants totse to die quietly. I'm not even sure he'd approve of this site to be honest, but if he didn't I'd say he's lost his way. :mad:
  • edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »
    Jeff doesn't wanna sell the domain. I think he just wants totse to die quietly. I'm not even sure he'd approve of this site to be honest, but if he didn't I'd say he's lost his way. :mad:

I didn't know the man well, but if he would have chosen to let Totse die rather than selling the domain, he's a fucking faggot.
  • CatchMeIfYouCanCatchMeIfYouCan Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »

I really don't think Jeff would give a shit, being the libertarian he was. He was just a cool guy like that.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think Jeff had sentimental reasons as well. I mean the guy wasn't a douche and brought it all together. Regardless of it all 20 years of his life he put into keeping it all running and I couldn't give a man bigger props for doing so especially with all the legal bullshit he was constantly faced with. Even if he sold it or held onto it for nefarious reasons, that should be his right.

If you ask me he spent all that time to make "Totse" a legacy word, phrase, and community that the last thing I'd want is for some other douchebag to come along and run with my name, friend or foe, and screw it up.

Plus, it's Jeff. He always has a plan. He's like Hannibal. But maybe, just maybe, Jeff Hunter IS Hellish trying to throw us off!?!?

liam-neeson-the-a-team-movie.jpg
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Even the TOTSE Army is back.
  • angryonionangryonion Just some guy
    edited July 2010
    This better be the real totse, or im going to be covering your house with shit

LOL I hope that's really you.