Its good to be home

PopePope Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I missed you guys

Comments

• Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited July 2010
    its been a long confusing night but its nice to know that i can sleep soundly with totse back in action

+1
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited July 2010
    I honestly was just thinking a little bit ago that we're starting to lose steam.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    What do you mean?
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok wait. So I looked at the announcment and the way I understand it is that we were taking to much server space. This site is only going to be getting bigger and you think he would have been using a bigger server to supply. And he's using a client server. Convinient but its difficult when you can't control your own servers. Just saying that things need to be done so this doesn't happen again if this is truly the case.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    Ok wait. So I looked at the announcment and the way I understand it is that we were taking to much server space. This site is only going to be getting bigger and you think he would have been using a bigger server to supply. And he's using a client server. Convinient but its difficult when you can't control your own servers. Just saying that things need to be done so this doesn't happen again if this is truly the case.

Space wasn't the issue. We just used more processing power than allowed.
    edited July 2010
    Hmm..... Interesting..... Why are we not privately hosted?
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sooo are we going to have more problems in the future?
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Sooo are we going to have more problems in the future?

Welcome to totse.
    edited July 2010
    Welcome to totse.

I donated $5. FUUUUUUUuuuuuu!

The old totse had an assload of problems too. I guess what I meant was that I want to be sure this site isn't going to all of a sudden die because we can't upgrade our bandwidth/server usage.
    edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I donated $5. FUUUUUUUuuuuuu!

The old totse had an assload of problems too. I guess what I meant was that I want to be sure this site isn't going to all of a sudden die because we can't upgrade our bandwidth/server usage.

Hellfish PM me so we can exchange email addresses. If this server takes a shit on us, I'll host the site from a private server on a dedicated line I have full access too. At least it would be something until a better server could be found. Don't even care if I get mod or anything, just don't want to see the site die.
    edited July 2010
    That's the kind of support I want to see. I really want this community to live.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Space wasn't the issue. We just used more processing power than allowed.

I just googled it and this seems to be a common problem.
    Anyway it seems you have solved the admin permissions.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I just googled it and this seems to be a common problem.
    Anyway it seems you have solved the admin permissions.

Nope :(.
  • Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    Dfg, you're an admin now? WHATEVER YOU DO - DONT ALLOW PEOPLE TO CHANGE USERNAMES! Please! :o PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! The old totse didn't allow that! Just make people get new accounts. It makes it look like we have more members as well! Win/win!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Blunderful wrote: »
    Dfg, you're an admin now? WHATEVER YOU DO - DONT ALLOW PEOPLE TO CHANGE USERNAMES! Please! :o PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!! The old totse didn't allow that! Just make people get new accounts. It makes it look like we have more members as well! Win/win!

Don't worry I am not in favor of it and also it depends on the community. Users will have to stick their original accounts. They will be allowed to change the username in case the account gets locked for some reason or if the account is taken by someone else.

But even that's a stretch.
  • D7D7 Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Nope :(.

Have you tried clearing all your cookies or logged in trough a different browser?
    If it still doesn't work then the problem really is from the permission privileges setting. Hellish should try creating a dummy account and making it an admin.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Have you tried clearing all your cookies or logged in trough a different browser?
    If it still doesn't work then the problem really is from the permission privileges setting. Hellish should try creating a dummy account and making it an admin.

I already send him a PM with details to make it work. I already have a secondary account setup. Once this issue is fixed, I will take care of everything else.
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg, My good friend is from Pakistan. He tells me the tales of there. So tell me tales. Are you a devout Islam or even anything like that?

What is it like there? Where and when did you learn english? Have you ever left your country? What do you hope to do in the future? What languages do you know?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    iSoape wrote: »
    Dfg, My good friend is from Pakistan. He tells me the tales of there. So tell me tales. Are you a devout Islam or even anything like that?

What is it like there? Where and when did you learn english? Have you ever left your country? What do you hope to do in the future? What languages do you know?

Dude, make a another thread for this :D. It will be easier for everyone.
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    Nah, too unmotivated. I guess I will never know some things...
  • edited July 2010
    I was given a name change on &Z, but I agree we should not have such an option here. It makes trolling a bit easier to cloak.
    edited July 2010
    Name changes are pointless. Make a new account and delete the old one. That's what the practice was on totse, even though mods and users abused it.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    My previous question was basically because I was supprised that we were on a client server instead of a private server. But I trust hellish knows what he is doing. As soon as I have a few bucks I will donate it so this doesn't happen again. Hope many do the same.
  • SliceSlice Regular
    edited July 2010
    great to see totse back online! :D
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    zoklet is such a piece of shit
    edited July 2010
    I hate when this place goes offline.