Squishing Sandwiches

edited August 2010 in Life
I swear, every time I make a sandwich, it tastes better if you totally mash it down before eating it.

I'm not sure where the science is behind this, but I dunno. It's odd.

Comments

• Totse BotTotse Bot Banned
    edited July 2010
    How squished are we talking?
  • MantikoreMantikore Regular
    edited July 2010
    Only for sweet fillings.
  • Name's TakenName's Taken Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Wires heard the same thing about babies. :o
  • ChiChi Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Wires heard the same thing about babies. :o

:o
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I hear it infuses the favors man.

I saw it on mythbusters.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't squish my sandwiches.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    I squish every sandwich I eat
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »

Makes a huge mess, I stuff my sandwiches to the mutha fuckin brim, enough falls out when my mouth engages it.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know about infusing the flavors more but I prefer the texture of the bread after squishing. I used to do this with hamburgers too. Good shit mang. Makes it easier to take substantial bites.
    edited July 2010
    I may try this soon.
  • edited July 2010
    Oh wow, I didn't actually realize that other people did this too. I often squish my sandwiches when there is a lot inside it, and I think that's how I discovered it tastes better. I really have no idea what it is, but thanks for the responses.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I squish rice krispy treats to make them more compact. more kripsy less bites.
  • edited July 2010
    the formula for sandwiches

tastiness=(f)x/y

where x=the amount of makings in the sandwich
    and y=the area it exists in
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited July 2010
    vOmitree wrote: »
    Makes a huge mess, I stuff my sandwiches to the mutha fuckin brim, enough falls out when my mouth engages it.

I've never had problems with squishing them making a mess. Even with a sandwich packed with cheese, lettuce, meat, tomatoes, pickles, peppers, more meat, and condiments. More of a mess just from eating the damn thing, but the squish helps keep it all stuck together.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited July 2010
    mr.blunt wrote: »

Yeah, this.
    Especially if I'm making a grilled cheese.. I squish the fuck out of it with a spatula.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2010
    the formula for sandwiches

tastiness=(f)x/y

where x=the amount of makings in the sandwich
    and y=the area it exists in
    ^lolwut?:D

Is there any other way to eat a sammich?
    I thought I was the only crazy who did this, I'll be damned.
    edited July 2010
    I think squishing might make them taste better cause everything is closer together.
  • edited July 2010
    duuude wrote: »
    Yeah, this.
    Especially if I'm making a grilled cheese.. I squish the fuck out of it with a spatula.

Yeahhh, I do this as well. Then again, whenever I have something in the pan I'll squish it with the spatula. It feels like it's cooking more, or something.
  • v0xv0x Regular
    edited July 2010
    proud sandwich squisar 14 year veteran here :o:o:o
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010
    I used to eat slices of bread that I had tightly smushed/rolled into a ball. They tasted better that way. I think you're onto to some thing here OP.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    By geroge I think hes got it.
  • edited July 2010
    I used to eat slices of bread that I had tightly smushed/rolled into a ball. They tasted better that way. I think you're onto to some thing here OP.

Oh god, that sounds amazing. I'm goign to make a bread ball, coat the outside with cheese, and grill it. BRB, MAKING THIS, REPORTING RESULTS IN A MINUTE.

EDIT: Well, that was pretty awesome. Tastes like a grilled cheese sandwich, in the form of a "mini snack bite". Pretty awesome.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Oh god, that sounds amazing. I'm goign to make a bread ball, coat the outside with cheese, and grill it. BRB, MAKING THIS, REPORTING RESULTS IN A MINUTE.

EDIT: Well, that was pretty awesome. Tastes like a grilled cheese sandwich, in the form of a "mini snack bite". Pretty awesome.

Sounds good.. I might make one later