Night Ops... XI? XII? Fuck knows. But it continues here.

edited July 2012 in Man Cave
I take it as my duty as a veteran of Bad Ideas and the night opping world to carry on the noble tradition of making sure there is always a night ops thread.

Fire away!
Psychlonic wrote:
trx100 wrote:

Flashlights
My collection and opinion of flashlights. First of all, ninjas got by for hundreds of years without the need for flashlights. Just another example of humanity's hopeless dependency on technology which they don't actually need. That said, I also have an unhealthy obsession with them. I have a ton of random lights, but only eight that I actually like and five that I actually use.

1. AA Minimag, upgraded with an LED and tailcap switch kit from some online store.
2. Maglite Solataire. Tiny, and creates an equally tiny amount of light, which is perfect for situations when you need just enough illumination to see something close up without drawing attention to yourself in the dark with a brighter light.
3. 3-D cell Maglite. Bought an LED upgrade for it from the same site. Has the option of narrowing the beam to a small circle which works well for illuminating a small area at a great distance. The LED bulb puts out slightly less light than the standard incandescent, but lasts a lot longer, obviouslty. The other reason the D cell Maglites are popular is their ability to double as a club, where need be.
4. Shitty Chinese headlight. Very cheap but does its job. Has 3 brightness settings and is of course good for when you need light, but need both hands free for other things.
5. SureFire 9P (incandescent). This is the most powerful of the 'small' SureFire's, putting out 100 lumens with the standard lamp (1-hour battery life) and 200 (20 minutes battery life) with the P91 upgrade lamp. The 200 lumen bulb will burn a hole through your pocket if left on. There's very little use for a light like this on a night op though. Good if you need to brightly illuminate a huge area for a short period of time. Also great for blinding people in the dark as a method of defence (believe me, it burns). You'll get no better flashlight than this.

25ui0e0.jpg

Comments

• RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    Who the fuck are you anyways?
  • edited July 2010
    Rupture wrote: »
    Who the fuck are you anyways?

If you have to ask that, you don't belong here. EVERYONE (that counts) knows who I am.
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    2003491120.jpg

I think you are just some wannabe tuff guy.
  • edited July 2010
    I'll let my legion of disciples do the pwning for me.
  • RuptureRupture Regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok, let's see them.
  • edited July 2010
    When forum activity picks up a bit and people realise I'm back...
  • FingerBlasterFingerBlaster Regular
    edited July 2010
    w00t, kaiser's back! :D
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    There is a factory near swim which manufactured cars until recently.

~1900 staked out, inconspicuous, waited.
    ~2000 after parking, walked to the store and bought some powerade
    ~2015 walked through back lots, through woods, to perimiter barbed wire fence
    ~2025 waited. security personnel patrol perimeter
    ~2035 defeated first fence, crossed parking lot
    ~2037 defeated second fence, walked past maintenance building towards my waypoint, the ladder leading to the roof.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5116/video201007242053.mp4

~2038 was on roof! ^_______^

there were a lot of close calls. got the shots he wanted, explored the massive roof. fortunately, the security personnel were having some sort of a party, using the factory PA system to play ethereal samba/rock music and yelling.

Getting out was a challenge, since he did NOT want to leave the way he came. next time, will bring a utility tool and maybe a small flashlight or lockpicks.

basically, he ended up jumping the front gate right next to a security guard. BALLS.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8595/june62010142.jpg
    http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6285/june62010152.jpg
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/630/june62010148.jpg
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/377/june62010146.jpg
  • edited July 2010
    Holy shit man, that looks awesome! Brilliant OP, good luck on the next one.

We should get a Night Ops section or something so that these can all be in seperate threads. I dunno.
  • edited July 2010
    Here's a mission which I just dug up on the night-ops forum. Its pretty crappy, was performed over a year ago, and was more of a training mission than anything. Enjoy....

We met at the designated meeting point with no trouble. I hid in the shadow of a bush while i waited, assessing the factors of the night - Weather (rainy), Moonlight (Gloomy and dull, no problem there), amount of people walking about (Slim to none.)
    Some guy walked past, shouted something really loud and scared the shit out of me. Luckily he didn't see me, and eventually my friend turned up.

We walked out of the meeting place, and down the street towards our first destination. The floor was wet due to rainfall, and my shoes were making a terrible squelching sound with every step on the concrete. I decided we needed to use grass to step on as much as possible, and headed for the nearest patch while staying in the shadows. By now, the rain was picking up a little, and as long as we stayed on the grass, we were silent as anything. Continuing along the road, we found that there were very few cars traveling past. This made our job a lot easier as we didn't find ourselves diving into every hedge on the way.

Our first problems began a little way down the road, where a brightly illuminated building cast great amounts of light across the street. Although we shouldn't have done, we dashed across a few lawns and layed low in a group of trees for a minute or two. Here we discussed our next moves, waited for cars to pass, and eventually we stepped back out into the street and made for some more bushes before continuing a little further along the road.

We had reached our first location. Slowly, we climbed the sturdy wooden fence and dropped down on the other side, onto the grassy floor. We moved silently across the carpark, past the scene of a previous op, and round the back of a building. This is where things got easier, and we crossed another grassy area silently. We came up to a checkpoint, behind a big freight container, and decided that i would be moving out into the open, to tag the structure in a park. I waited in the undergrowth for a car to pass - my friend stayed hidden here keeping a look out with a rock, in case i needed to GTFO with a distraction. I moved quickly, but silently. Within seconds, i was underneath the structure, which i placed my tag on. A few seconds later, i made my way back to my friend, and we went back to the first meeting location for the next part of the mission...

Crossing the street and going in the other direction now, we made our way down a dark street with grass either side. Handy for being silent, but we soon came into streetlight territory. Luckily, we passed the lights fairly quickly without being seen, and darted into a pitch dark alleyway. We moved silently down here, as in a previous op (which i have documented on this forum), a dog barked and gave us away. Luckily, the dog stayed silent this time, and we turned off the alleyway into the street. We paused by a fence next to a house - someone was outside, right on the other side of the fence. After about 5 minutes of them scuffling about, they went inside, locked the door and turned the lights off.

We pressed on, down another brightly illuminated street and reached the next checkpoint. The next part was very tricky. We were on the side of a hedge which was pitch black, but we needed to reach the other side which was in full illumination. We crept along the hedgerow, waited for a car to pass, and darted round the corner, into the front garden of the target house. A security light came on, but by the time anyone could have looked outside, we had already disappeared around the corner of the house. There is a narrow alleyway between the hedge and the house which we crept along, until we reached the back garden. Pausing at the corner of the house to check for any activity, we realised the TV was on and everyone was sitting in the room next to us. We opened a little gate and made our way around the outskirts of the garden, hiding in the shadows of various things - a table, clothes line, animal hutches. We finally reached the garage back door, and slipped inside.

This was just a training mission, so we didn't perform any activity inside the garage. However, after we safely extracted, this was mission complete for us!

It was a great mission overall, very fun and we certainly learned a bunch.
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited July 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    We should get a Night Ops section or something so that these can all be in seperate threads. I dunno.

At the very least, there should be a stickied night ops thread. *hinthint*:cool:
  • edited July 2010
    It would be nice. Something would be nice, at least. Then we could all contribute as much as possible without losing it all in a buried thread :D
  • edited July 2010
    People having been asking for a dedicated Night Ops forum since the first thread way back when. The previous Bad Ideas moderator (can't remember the name, but it was some asshole) was against NO and wouldn't do anything towards it. Rather than create a NO forum on totse, more people should start migrating to Secant's forum; tons of awsome reasources there etc.

>> http://www.night-ops.net/forum/ <<
  • edited July 2010
    People having been asking for a dedicated Night Ops forum since the first thread way back when. The previous Bad Ideas moderator (can't remember the name, but it was some asshole) was against NO and wouldn't do anything towards it. Rather than create a NO forum on totse, more people should start migrating to Secant's forum; tons of awsome reasources there etc.

>> http://www.night-ops.net/forum/ <<

Sounds fair enough. I've been on that NO forum for a year or two now, it's pretty cool. We should establish some kind of link between the two communities.
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    My Night Ops was me getting on the roof of the grocery store and drinking beers while watching fireworks (4th of July).
  • edited July 2010
    Well theres a huge ass road closed construction sign across the street. Hopefully no one sees my ass. I'll poast pics and update if successful.
  • edited July 2010
    Well theres a huge ass road closed construction sign across the street. Hopefully no one sees my ass. I'll poast pics and update if successful.

Fuck yeahhhh. I love the NO spirit here, its like, people actually get out and DO shit.
  • edited July 2010
    Staples wrote: »
    There is a factory near swim which manufactured cars until recently.

~1900 staked out, inconspicuous, waited.
    ~2000 after parking, walked to the store and bought some powerade
    ~2015 walked through back lots, through woods, to perimiter barbed wire fence
    ~2025 waited. security personnel patrol perimeter
    ~2035 defeated first fence, crossed parking lot
    ~2037 defeated second fence, walked past maintenance building towards my waypoint, the ladder leading to the roof.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/5116/video201007242053.mp4

~2038 was on roof! ^_______^

there were a lot of close calls. got the shots he wanted, explored the massive roof. fortunately, the security personnel were having some sort of a party, using the factory PA system to play ethereal samba/rock music and yelling.

Getting out was a challenge, since he did NOT want to leave the way he came. next time, will bring a utility tool and maybe a small flashlight or lockpicks.

basically, he ended up jumping the front gate right next to a security guard. BALLS.

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8595/june62010142.jpg
    http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6285/june62010152.jpg
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/630/june62010148.jpg
    http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/377/june62010146.jpg

Doing a sucessful op, awsome. Actually taking good pictures too, legend.
  • edited July 2010
    Fuck yeahhhh. I love the NO spirit here, its like, people actually get out and DO shit.

Mission complete motherfuckers.

130.jpg

129.jpg

Thing was pretty damn big. Went out at about 3am. It was by a highway so we ran across a four lane highway with this thing. It was pretty funny. They have another one now there. They replaced it. I think I should go get two. Lmao.
  • edited July 2010
    FUCK YEA, GET OUT AND DO SHIT!
    Brb, night-ops right now, back in a little while.
  • edited July 2010
    Just got back from a pretty short OP. Wanted to go out and do some simple stuff to get back into the swing of things, haven't been out in about a year for a proper mission. Went out, scaled a few structures and practised walking silently. Used a lot of shadows as cover :D

Was pretty awesome.
  • edited July 2010
    3am? Looks like full daylight to me :/
  • edited July 2010
    He probably took the picture the next day? Not sure.
  • edited July 2010
    He probably took the picture the next day.

This.
  • edited July 2010
    Yeah I figured lighting up my entire backyard with a camera and a flashlight wasn't a good idea at 3am. lol..
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sounds fair enough. I've been on that NO forum for a year or two now, it's pretty cool. We should establish some kind of link between the two communities.

I have no problem with that. I'm not sure what sort of connection could possibly be established, though. The forum is practically a repository for guides and information right now and would be most useful as that more so than an active forum, something it hasn't been for many years now. If anyone would like, we can see about adding in guides you might create on there to make sure it stays online and within immediate reach of everyone looking.

Glad to see you back in the scene, Kaiser.

By the way, I wrote this the other day. You may or may not find it useful on your ops, but it's a fun trick to know anyways:
    Night Ops Trip Alarm
  • edited July 2010
    Hmm. Well, we're not allowed a dedicated NO forum over here, so I was thinking that there should be some kind of connection between here and NO.net so that everyone could use that as their main night-ops place.

Kinda like when tM was TOTSE's place for doing bad things.
  • edited August 2010
    Psychlonic wrote: »
    I have no problem with that. I'm not sure what sort of connection could possibly be established, though. The forum is practically a repository for guides and information right now and would be most useful as that more so than an active forum, something it hasn't been for many years now. If anyone would like, we can see about adding in guides you might create on there to make sure it stays online and within immediate reach of everyone looking.

Glad to see you back in the scene, Kaiser.

By the way, I wrote this the other day. You may or may not find it useful on your ops, but it's a fun trick to know anyways:
    Night Ops Trip Alarm

Did you write some NO guides? I remember reading them. They were pretty good.
  • edited August 2010
    Kickass guide, if you're good at making stuff like that.

I think I'm gonna put up some gear pics and 'night ops wisdom/tips' a bit later.
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks trx100 and Dark Kaiser Redux

night ops, yeah! *punches a hole in the wall*
  • thewandererthewanderer Regular
    edited August 2010
    Those guides are all good reads. Carpet sandals work great by the way. :hai:
  • edited August 2010
    Jeez, I haven't read these guides and I'm not sure why. Amazing stuff man, will read asap!
  • edited August 2010
    Why hasn't this fucking thread been stickied? :mad:
  • edited August 2010
    I might go on an OP tonight. I don't have shit to do. Ideas?

Suburbs, woods close by, lake erie.
  • edited August 2010
    'Wood' ops alwaks kick ass, and you'll find the 'skills' and MO required are somewhat different.

Go do it, and post pics:thumbsup:
    edited August 2010
    Why hasn't this fucking thread been stickied? :mad:

It just wouldn't feel the same if night ops were actually accepted by the staff of another forum. :D Traditionally it's been the red headed step-child that everyone refuses to acknowledge the existence of.

On that note, my 10th anniversary for night ops is coming up soon. I'll bet you I'm still a 14 year old ninja wanna-be when that day comes. After all, anyone who sneaks around must be a kidiot. ;)

If and when this site grows, it's safe to assume the total ignorant disrespect will continue once again. From people whos next post will be about making teh axe bombz or robbing a drug dealer, no less. :facepalm:

Cheers to an old hobby, and to continued discussions with fellow operatives who have a clue.
  • edited August 2010
    It just wouldn't feel the same if night ops were actually accepted by the staff of another forum. :D Traditionally it's been the red headed step-child that everyone refuses to acknowledge the existence of.

On that note, my 10th anniversary for night ops is coming up soon. I'll bet you I'm still a 14 year old ninja wanna-be when that day comes. After all, anyone who sneaks around must be a kidiot. ;)

If and when this site grows, it's safe to assume the total ignorant disrespect will continue once again. From people whos next post will be about making teh axe bombz or robbing a drug dealer, no less. :facepalm:

Cheers to an old hobby, and to continued discussions with fellow operatives who have a clue.

I'll take it that at 24 you've hung up the ski mask and ninja climbing gloves for good? Lol.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    I find it's more conducive to the actual ethos of Night Ops, to conduct em during the day. No body will fuckin' see it coming!
    edited August 2010
    I'll take it that at 24 you've hung up the ski mask and ninja climbing gloves for good? Lol.

Right next to my ninja uniform, throwing stars, ninja sword, and nunchuck gun. No sense in hiding it, everyone else already knows that what every operative carries. :thumbsup:
  • ZaffronZaffron Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    Rupture can go fuck himself, Dark Kaiser and Psychlonic are my childhood heroes.

Guys you got no idea how happeh I am to see you back!
  • edited August 2010
    Zaffron wrote: »
    Rupture can go fuck himself, Dark Kaiser and Psychlonic are my childhood heroes.

Guys you got no idea how happeh I am to see you back!

I imagine your face looks much like this one - :D
  • NotDeadYetNotDeadYet New Arrival
    edited August 2010
    There is no such thing as a night op.

Go back to school my little kiddies.
    edited August 2010
    Carded my way into a building attached to the local water treatment plant and scored a couple oxygen packs, might be handy in lieu of a legit gas mask sometime.

Currently working on getting some accessories for my radio/scanner.
  • ZaffronZaffron Semo-Regulars
    edited August 2010
    There is no such thing as a night op.

Go back to school my little kiddies.
    Carded my way into a building attached to the local water treatment plant and scored a couple oxygen packs, might be handy in lieu of a legit gas mask sometime.

Currently working on getting some accessories for my radio/scanner.

Whatever you say NDY

Psychlonic, was it really that easy and all you had to do was do some carding? I would think government buildings would be harder to get into/ more well surveyed
    edited August 2010
    Yeah it wasn't exactly a hardcore op. The building is fairly out of the way and is unmanned at night with only maintenance during the daytime. The only security for the area is some lighting that's kept on and chain link fencing. The lights are inconsequential though as the road is traveled sparingly enough that one can simply hide if they see headlights turn down the road.

So yeah, pretty sad. The room I got the oxygen packs from was guarded by a metal door but no lip to prevent carding. No deadbolt. I probably could have picked it easily as well but figured I could card it just as well.

Even worse was a nearby standalone shed with a beefy padlock... Only problem was, the door hinges themselves were accessible and could be unscrewed, swinging open the entire assembly. :facepalm:

The actual main treatment building had a decent looking door set up but still only the lock on the handle itself, no bolts. So basically, if someone wanted, they could waltz right up and steal an oxygen pack, pick their way into the treatment area, put on the mask, walk through the chlorine gas and poison the water supply, killing thousands.

:thumbsup:

Way to go, guys. :rolleyes:
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    So basically, if someone wanted, they could waltz right up and steal an oxygen pack, pick their way into the treatment area, put on the mask, walk through the chlorine gas and poison the water supply, killing thousands.

:thumbsup:

Way to go, guys. :rolleyes:

Address plz? :o:o:o:o:o
  • edited August 2010
    I want some pics of this place. (not to confirm legitimacy, I'm just curious as to what it looks like :P)
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited August 2010
    ... and scored a couple oxygen packs ...

Whenever you disable safety equipment in one way or another or completely remove it, please make it ABUNDANTLY clear to anybody that enters the building that the equipment is disabled / gone. There are people who's lives depend on these things, and they generally assume nobody would mess with that sort of equipment. You may not understand the utility of oxygen packs in a water treatment plant, but if they are there, it's because they need to be there. When methane levels get too high / there's a clorine leak people need to be able to breathe while getting out of there (in case you didn't know: oxygen packs are used to escape a dangerous environment, never to enter one, so they can't say "oh, we'll just find another pack before we enter", it's usually "I need to get out of here NOW but I can't hold my breath long enough and if I breathe this shit I'm dead"). Safety equipment is incredibly expensive, so if it is present somewhere, it's usually because it's necessary.

If somebody gets hurt / dies because the gear he assumed to be in working condition in it's proper location was actually taken / disabled by you, you're responsible (both in a legal and in a moral way).

And no shit about keeping morals out of BI, nightoppers generally HAVE morals. That's the thing that differentiates them from regular burglars.
  • edited August 2010
    Even worse was a nearby standalone shed with a beefy padlock... Only problem was, the door hinges themselves were accessible and could be unscrewed, swinging open the entire assembly. :facepalm:

Haha; I always have a good laugh at these things. Have these people never heard the thing about the weakest link in the chain? :rolleyes: