debating on calling the ambulance

muffinsmuffins Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
Been having fucking rolling panic attack for like 5 hours now. I dont wanna go to the hospital but i know theyll drug me up some so i can chill the fuck out. I already took 60 mg of vistaril but still am crying and feel all fucked. shit man I hate this shit

Comments

• stresstres Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dude ~ seriously, fuck self-medicating. Just go to the hospital, if only for a few hours... Shit sounds pretty serious,
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    See that's why I heavily dislike pills. Except that one time I took valium and phased in and out of consciousness for hours.
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    Look, you should know it's all psyche induced. I used to get them real bad and how no choice but to get myself out of them.

Here's some tips to prevent the next ones:

1) Diet and Exercise

2) No drugs or alcohol

3) Positive mind set

4) Distract yourself.

I won't be able to help you online, but if I was in there person I could talk you down... I've done it for many people including myself.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    The vistiril is prescribed for my panic disorder/ptsd I called a buddy who s gonna take me to the er. Shits rough. I dont wish this shit on the worst person there is. im out
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    I just start jerking off whenever I feel sick. Honestly, it works. If I am getting a FLU a quick jerk will fix it.
  • Malcolm XMalcolm X Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I just start jerking off whenever I feel sick. Honestly, it works. If I am getting a FLU a quick jerk will fix it.

If that was the case then no male would ever be sick.
  • edited July 2010

Does this work with STD's?
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010

Dfg cures AIDS when he jerks on people.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    Damn that Paki can do everything!

I hope everything turns out alright Muffins.
  • edited July 2010

I hope everything turns out alright Muffins.

This. Fuck pills and fuck panic attacks. I hope muffins can get beyond the problem without a chemical crutch.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wtf? Panic attack my fucking ass. Grown men dont just break down crying for fucking nothing. Something mustve happened to you to cause this, and calling the ambulence like a drama queen probably isnt the best plan of action.

Or maybe I just dont know much about anxiety disorders. LOL.
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited July 2010
    Or maybe you shouldn't take so much pills at the same time :o
  • edited July 2010
    Damn Muffins, I hope it all goes away pretty soon. A few of my friends suffer from these and they suck. Many times I've had to sit there and calm someone down.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    HEy guys I got out the er at around 2 this afternoon. They changed my anxiety meds and i'm feeling a little better.

To marijuanasauras it wasn't from doin drugs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_disorder heres some info about panic disorder. I dont feel like talking about the PTSD.

Take care guys, I'm not to notch but ill be around:)
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2010
    Why'd you go to the er if you knew it was just a panic attack?

edit: I used to get panic attacks all the time (still do sometimes), but realized it wasn't worth going to the hospital after the first one. I know it sucks, but goddamn...
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Why'd you go to the er if you knew it was just a panic attack?

edit: I used to get panic attacks all the time (still do sometimes), but realized it wasn't worth going to the hospital after the first one. I know it sucks, but goddamn...

Last time i had a series of panic attacks like that i also had a small stroke.
    edited July 2010
    muffins wrote: »

goddamn dude. i dont even know what to say except, well, goddamn calm the fuck down.

edit: how long have you been going through this?
  • edited July 2010
    Wtf? Panic attack my fucking ass. Grown men dont just break down crying for fucking nothing. Something mustve happened to you to cause this, and calling the ambulence like a drama queen probably isnt the best plan of action.

Or maybe I just dont know much about anxiety disorders. LOL.

quit being a dick, dick. i hope shit works out for you, muffins. i've been there. it's not a fun place. things WILL get better, read Man's Search For Meaning, that book helped me out when I was in trouble.
  • NamasteNamaste Regular
    edited July 2010
    I can sort of relate. I have an anxiety/panic disorder myself, though it's probably less severe than what you're going through, I can relate on some level. And I know it's miserable. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. If you ever wanna talk or anything, you can always try talking to me. <3
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    quit being a dick, dick. i hope shit works out for you, muffins. i've been there. it's not a fun place. things WILL get better, read Man's Search For Meaning, that book helped me out when I was in trouble.

Thanks for the warm wishes. That book looks pretty good I'm going to torrent it. From alot of the stuff i've been reading it seems like panic disorder and depression have been better researched and treated in europe. It seems americas answer is drugs.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    Treament depends on who you go to for treament. If you go to a doctor, they will prescribe you drugs. If you want psychological/mental treament, go to a psychologist. What type is up to you.
    edited July 2010
    I self treated using the "induction" method i thing they call it. It's basically giving yourself panic attacks all the time for a while until it doesn't bother you anymore. Basically i drank a bunch of coffee and hyperventilated for about a week, now I'm mostly better....
  • The GeneralThe General Regular
    edited July 2010
    I had somewhat of a panic attack when my dad found my myspace a few months ago.. haha he called me pretty upset and I just set the phone down, put my head on my desk and kinda phased the hell out not knowing what to do or say and quit breathing. Long story haha.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited July 2010
    so what were the actual symptoms you got?
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    goddamn dude. i dont even know what to say except, well, goddamn calm the fuck down.

edit: how long have you been going through this?

Started about 3 years ago due to job stress. Been on tons of meds and therapy I have runs of up to 3 months with low symptoms. When my wife left last year it got better for a while. A lot of my associates say it was the stress from putting her through college work and other shit that coaused my nervous breakdown. I dunno what all brought it on. Mental illness is terrible man and i hate the stigma associated with it. People se you going to the mental health center and ya get labeled a nut.
    edited July 2010
    Started about 3 years ago due to job stress. Been on tons of meds and therapy I have runs of up to 3 months with low symptoms. When my wife left last year it got better for a while. A lot of my associates say it was the stress from putting her through college work and other shit that coaused my nervous breakdown. I dunno what all brought it on. Mental illness is terrible man and i hate the stigma associated with it. People se you going to the mental health center and ya get labeled a nut.

your ex wife sounds like a scumbag...

anyways if you ever need to talk to someone or anything you can shoot me a pm or probably any other member of the &T community who's mature. We gotcha back.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010

anyways if you ever need to talk to someone or anything you can shoot me a pm or probably any other member of the &T community who's mature. We gotcha back.

Thanks brother, theres a lot of good people here and I appreciate everyone one of em. One day when I'm feelin a little better I'll start a thread in sex in affection about codependant relationships and the effects of them. And another one about maturity.

To give you a brief overview of the ex she got nuts about twilight, met a twilight fan dude online, snuck around on me, Called cops one day and told them and family /friends thhat i abused her, nearly got me arrested (thank god I had went to school with the cops) and well she now lives with the dude. I'm trying to get up the money to file for divorce. Pm me if ya wanna hear more it reads like a shitty movie:(
    edited July 2010
    Thanks brother, theres a lot of good people here and I appreciate everyone one of em. One day when I'm feelin a little better I'll start a thread in sex in affection about codependant relationships and the effects of them. And another one about maturity.

To give you a brief overview of the ex she got nuts about twilight, met a twilight fan dude online, snuck around on me, Called cops one day and told them and family /friends thhat i abused her, nearly got me arrested (thank god I had went to school with the cops) and well she now lives with the dude. I'm trying to get up the money to file for divorce. Pm me if ya wanna hear more it reads like a shitty movie:(

wow hahahahah that's horrible. That dude must be gay... I met my mom's "friend" the other day and he wanted to move my jeep... he couldn't even get it started because he didn't know the clutch had to be pushed all the way in but was trying to show off lol...

anyways screw her I read you put her through school and all and she does this?Karma is a bitch
  • edited July 2010

Jesus. I hope you can cope. Can you wean yourself off the medication?
  • edited July 2010

This. She a ho.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    Jesus. I hope you can cope. Can you wean yourself off the medication?

I've been trying. when i first got diagnosed i was on lots of benzos, So many in fact i balcked out on the interstate and flipped my truck. Since then they have been trying lots of different medications. Vistaril seems to work most of the time but it has some tolerance issues over time. They gave me an IV dose of atarax last night and it was supposed to knock me out but didnt. I do cognative hehavorial therapy every two weeks and see a shrink every 6 for med adjustments.

I try really hard to be positive and I've knocked of the drug use. Pretty much the only thing im addicted to is nicotine as I smoke a few cigs a day i used to smoke 2.5 packs.
    edited July 2010
    if you don't mind me asking but how old are you?
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    if you don't mind me asking but how old are you?

29 the ex is five years younger and we have the same birthdate hello lifetime of shitty birthdays
    edited July 2010
    29 the ex is five years younger and we have the same birthdate hello lifetime of shitty birthdays

that is crappy but just move on man
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    that is crappy but just move on man

I'm certainly gonna man. I'm a good guy and deserve good friends and a good lady by my side to share life with. I havent dated in a while but im working on my social skills.
    edited July 2010
    I'm certainly gonna man. I'm a good guy and deserve good friends and a good lady by my side to share life with. I havent dated in a while but im working on my social skills.

when in doubt pinkey out
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    when in doubt pinkey out

LOL when i saw that i immediatly thought about fingering a girl, then irealized you were talking about drinking tea. Also never finger a girl after painting a car apparently paint thinner in the cooch is terrible pain.
    edited July 2010
    LOL when i saw that i immediatly thought about fingering a girl, then irealized you were talking about drinking tea. Also never finger a girl after painting a car apparently paint thinner in the cooch is terrible pain.

hahahahahaha
  • edited July 2010
    I've been trying. when i first got diagnosed i was on lots of benzos, So many in fact i balcked out on the interstate and flipped my truck. Since then they have been trying lots of different medications. Vistaril seems to work most of the time but it has some tolerance issues over time. They gave me an IV dose of atarax last night and it was supposed to knock me out but didnt. I do cognative hehavorial therapy every two weeks and see a shrink every 6 for med adjustments.

I try really hard to be positive and I've knocked of the drug use. Pretty much the only thing im addicted to is nicotine as I smoke a few cigs a day i used to smoke 2.5 packs.

My cousin has a problem with benzos. When goes without them, she can't keep anything down and starts cutting herself so I say you're on the right track. She's been hauled off by the cops/ambulance 3-4 different times in the lest 2-3 years. Struggling between the difficulties in life can take a lot out of a person. Also with nicotine, the length of time is the most proportional factor to cancer rates. So keep it up. You is awesome.
  • edited July 2010

LOL Dry skin anyone? Solvents and mucosal membranes donut mix.
  • muffinsmuffins Regular
    edited July 2010
    My cousin has a problem with benzos. When goes without them, she can't keep anything down and starts cutting herself so I say you're on the right track. She's been hauled off by the cops/ambulance 3-4 different times in the lest 2-3 years. Struggling between the difficulties in life can take a lot out of a person. Also with nicotine, the length of time is the most proportional factor to cancer rates. So keep it up. You is awesome.

when i was coming of benzos i was mean as fuck, they but me on an moi to inhibit that and it worked and i got off em.

As far as quiting smoking i suggest people roll there own. it makes it less of an easy thing as you have to spend a minute or so to roll. And ya enjoy it and savor it.
  • edited August 2010
    when i was coming of benzos i was mean as fuck, they but me on an moi to inhibit that and it worked and i got off em.

As far as quiting smoking i suggest people roll there own. it makes it less of an easy thing as you have to spend a minute or so to roll. And ya enjoy it and savor it.

I think she's on an MAOI (or some sort of antidepressant) and Trazodone too. I love her and hope she does well; she has a rough childhood. Also, I like rolling anyways, so the hand rolled habit would be more pleasing to me.

The only thing I don't like about filterless cigarettes is the resiny tobacco that goes into your mouth, esp. near the end. Cannabis tastes good. Tobacco, not so much.