References for CCW Permit

GiomanachGiomanach Regular
edited July 2010 in Man Cave
I live in a pretty left-wing area of NH, and there's virtually nobody I'd want to put down as a reference on a carry permit.

Advice? I'm somewhat reluctant to grab people at random from the phone book (although as NH is shall-issue, that would technically be allowed), as my local sheriff has a history of not respecting the shall-issue law anyway.

Comments

• acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hey bud, I'm sorry for the delete. I was looking at someone else in the window while i did it. I'm having to go through a proxy right now, because of how effed up this server is. I reinstated this post after I realized what I did. I can't sent you a PM, which is what I mean to do, but THIS SHIT IS FUCKED!

You really are going to want some one legally related to you. Or a friend willing to take the heat, say you massacre a shit ton of people. I haven't been out of Illinois aside from the Army in quite awhile, but don't you need TWO witnesses/cosigners? Anyway, good luck. You're over 21 and supposedly can own a handgun, but can't find 2 people to vouch for you, chances are you aren't going to do any thing pleasant with it anyway....
  • GiomanachGiomanach Regular
    edited July 2010
    Trouble finding people to vouch for you doesn't translate to being untrustworthy. Literally every person I know is vehemently anti-gun in all circumstances, so they'd be against me carrying whatever the case.

The suggestion that I must be a maniac to have no right-minded friends is a bit silly.

Edit: Actually, I'm 20 and still in college. I think you can imagine the unending shitstorm that would result from me putting down a professor or fellow student, even though I wouldn't carry it on campus. Don't fancy being the first one suspected of every little thing that happens, or having my life disrupted for it.
    edited July 2010
    Regardless. Either you go to swap meets, or you somehow trick Lava giving me all he has got:) then I'll give you a few more "legal" weapons....

I still hate you Lava :(

If they are Legit guns, get rid of them that way, if not, I can not help you. Your neck over mine brother.
    edited July 2010
    If you can't educate your friends to legitimize firearms, then they might just but half retarded. I came back, two of my friends are vegitarian, and were in the peace corps while I was in Afghanistan primarily... Both of them love shooting guns.....

Tell you're friends to not be close minded? Firing a weapon does not mean you are a killer, carrying a rifle in to war like I did, means you are a killer..... Shooting paper is not killing, killing is killing.
  • GiomanachGiomanach Regular
    edited July 2010
    acid_drop wrote: »
    Regardless. Either you go to swap meets, or you somehow trick Lava giving me all he has got:) then I'll give you a few more "legal" weapons....

I still hate you Lava :(

If they are Legit guns, get rid of them that way, if not, I can not help you. Your neck over mine brother.

...I can see how you got confused earlier :p
    edited July 2010
    Giomanach wrote: »
    ...I can see how you got confused earlier :p

Hey man, you don't know the fun until you get on to a military range. It's amazing.

The automatic rifles are great, grenades. I don't know about standard infantry, but we each got to practice with AT4 dummy rounds, which was amazing. one of our guys was trained on the Javelin. I envy that prick!

The best though is jumping out of a jet/plane. We only had one combat jump. But it felt like someone shoved a primed grenade up my ass, and I was SGT at that time. Nothing like it. Fast roping off a chopper is great, but nothing like a HALO jump.

The HALO jump was great, but we did hike 24 fucking miles before reaching any action.... kind of pointless....