I'm in the mood for some horror.

jarkofjarkof Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
So I need some film idea's. Erie and or creepy. I am not talking about just gore. Like original chainsaw massacre or Halloween one type movie.
What is the best that you have seen?

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    It's not the best, but The Strangers is severly underrated.
  • wolfiewolfie Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I'm gonna assume you've seen the more famous classics like The Shining, Rosemary's Baby and The Omen.

This is a pretty solid list of haunted house films with a good summary on each: http://omghorror.blogfaction.com/article/101857/feature-the-20-creepiest-haunted-house-movies-ever-made/

From it, I'd particularly point out The Haunting (1963), The Devil's Backbone and The Innocents.
  • iSoapeiSoape Regular
    edited July 2010
    Paranormal Activity kind of freaked me out; that and the woman who mentored me in film is her best friend. And her other film was directed by a personal friend of mine.
  • edited July 2010
    Cube (1997)
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Blair Witch 2(has nothing to do with the first one and is filmed with real cameras)
  • PigPig Regular
    edited July 2010
    The Blair Witch Project, and fuck the second one.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited July 2010
    Mayberry wrote: »
    It's not the best, but The Strangers is severly underrated.

That movie was so boring. I couldn't even get all the way through it.
  • edited August 2010
    iSoape wrote: »
    Paranormal Activity kind of freaked me out; that and the woman who mentored me in film is her best friend. And her other film was directed by a personal friend of mine.

Ahh, that movie was brilliant. I actually loved it.

I quite enjoyed the Amityville Horror (the remake), and The Messengers. The Hills Have Eyes was pretty awesome too.

Although you can't class Jeepers Creepers as scary, I thought it was hilarious and a fantastic film as well.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    The Hills Have Eyes was pretty awesome too.

Seconded.

28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, and [rec] are all quintessential zombie movies.
  • edited August 2010
    Repulsion & Rosemary's Baby, both by Roman Polanski
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    Ahh, that movie was brilliant. I actually loved it.

I quite enjoyed the Amityville Horror (the remake), and The Messengers. The Hills Have Eyes was pretty awesome too.

Although you can't class Jeepers Creepers as scary, I thought it was hilarious and a fantastic film as well.

Jeepers Creepers is pretty awesome.

The second movie was pretty good too. More of a suspense factor in that one.

The Messenger I thought was complete and total dog shit really.

Me and my friend walked out of the theater going "um....That was fucking gay".

I see that as a generic shitty horror movie of the 2000+ generation.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited August 2010
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Starting with strangers. Jumpy but not scary at all. To me it was no better then the new prom night which I thought sucked major balls. Also I have seen the shinning. It was the best psychological horror movie I have ever seen. And as for paranormal activity. I had a bunch of friends say it sucked but that movie trips me out. Scary shit. All these ideas are good thanks guys.
    edited August 2010
    I'm watching The Shining as we speak and it's definitely good. I wish download paranormal activity after I get to watching American Psycho.
    edited August 2010
    Paranormal activity had like 15 minutes of excitement through the whole damn movie. The rest was eventless shit.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Paranormal activity had like 15 minutes of excitement through the whole damn movie. The rest was eventless shit.

But the girl was hot as shit.
    edited August 2010
    Pig wrote: »

But she wasn't naked enough
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    But she wasn't naked enough

As much as I wouldn't mind seeing more of her tits, they'd veer from the horror aspect of the movie.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010

Thats what half the people say. The other half says its eerie as shit IMO. But i do know where your coming from.
    Pig wrote: »

You guys have shitty taste in women. That girl was nastier then Namaste or whatever the fuck her name is. IMO
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    You guys have shitty taste in women. That girl was nastier then Namaste or whatever the fuck her name is. IMO

Thats exactly what I would expect to hear from Justin Beiber
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thats exactly what I would expect to hear from Justin Beiber

First of all to the justing Beiber comment :facepalm: fml. And second of all that girl from paranormal was not attractive in any way. not even a little bit.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    First of all to the justing Beiber comment :facepalm: fml. And second of all that girl from paranormal was not attractive in any way. not even a little bit.

Of course you wouldn't find her attractive; you're homosexual.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    Blair Witch 2(has nothing to do with the first one and is filmed with real cameras)

Really?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM-0MUV66xnIhWY4c4WsCYaz8f_sqYs6vpl3L2lXhP0iJPas0&t=1&usg=__92LLTxv7khSd5FIx1HfKptuMKvo=

You should look into the following:
    May
    Session 9 (I can't really stress this one enough, watch it NOW)
    Cthulhu
    Jacobs Ladder
    [REC] and [REC]2
    The Orphanage
    Pet Semetary

Theres so many good ones really. (and a fuckton of bad ones, case in point:Blair_Witch_2_cover.jpg)

I fucking love horror movies...
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Lot a good ideas here. Time to get my bittorrent going.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
    Another good one I just remembered is Dead End (2003). Low budget, but surprisingly effective. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

This scene is prettly lulzy out of context, but I remember seeing it in the movie and thinking "damn, thats pretty fucked."
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited August 2010
    aniston-nancy-b.jpg

Jennifer Aniston and her mom :eek:
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Another good one I just remembered is Dead End (2003). Low budget, but surprisingly effective. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

This scene is prettly lulzy out of context, but I remember seeing it in the movie and thinking "damn, thats pretty fucked."

Well at least she made it into the cheerleading squad.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    So out of curiosity does anyone want to make a list of all the movies on this thread. i would but i am lazy and I want to dl them all. Well the ones i haven't seen that is.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dump this in your original post, I added The Last House on the Left (2009).
    • The Strangers
    • The Shining
    • Rosemary's Baby
    • The Omen
    • The Haunting
    • The Devil's Backbone
    • The Innocents
    • Paranormal Activity
    • Cube
    • Blair Witch Project
    • Blair Witch Project 2: Book of Shadows
    • Amityville Horror
    • The Messengers
    • The Hills Have Eyes
    • Jeepers Creepers
    • [rec]
    • [rec] 2
    • 28 Days Later
    • 28 Weeks
    • May
    • Session 9
    • Cthulhu
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • The Orphanage
    • Pet Semetary
    • Dead End
    • The Last House on the Left
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks man that was just what I was looking for. That will become the queue on the o'l torrents right away.