Can you stop?

ObbeObbe Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
Masturbating, that is. Can you control your temptations? Try it out - you will reap the benefits.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    Dammit, this is insane. I usually fap way less but now I would have to stop fapping completely or fap without dumping my load. The urge is too strong after few weeks :mad:.

DAMMIT!

Thanks for sharing this, can you copy of the content in the form of quote.

Like this:
    In yesterday’s sloppy rush job about dopamine, we finished on an ominous note. The human body is a pretty flawless piece of work, which is why I can drink 10 beers on an empty stomach and not wake up dead. That’s even more impressive when you consider you’re mostly membranes of tissue and water. (And perhaps parasites, yes.) Dig this: after the chemical dump of dopamine that follows an orgasm, your body gets flooded with Prolactin. Despite the name, it is not a synthetic breast milk substitute.

Prolactin is a very curious substance. Although the Church of the SubGenius teaches us that “Too much is always better than not enough,” when it comes to sex hormones, more is definitely less. Having too much prolactin in your system has been implicated as a major cause of “erectile dysfunction,” or as it’s known scientifically, Flop-wang. Based upon studies involving cocaine addicts and chronic masturbators (more than once per day would qualify you) it takes around 2 weeks for your body to correct a prolactin imbalance....assuming you stop the behavior that’s causing it.

Perhaps the coolest feature of prolactin is the feedback loop the body uses to dish it out—although Santa does not exist, and God probably isn’t watching us, even from a distance, your brain knows when you’re touching yourself.
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, try stopping completely. It will be good. You will see.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited August 2010
    Seinfeld like contest anyone?

Are you master of your domain? :cool:
  • edited August 2010
    i thought this thread was going to be directed to namaste to stop acting like this site is her fucking journal. but this is good too.
  • MarijuanasaurusMarijuanasaurus Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ok im in. starting at 6 pm PT
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm in too.

It's on like donkey kong bitches.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Benefits outweigh the risks.
  • CrazzyassCrazzyass Regular
    edited August 2010
    Obbe wrote: »
    Masturbating, that is. Can you control your temptations? Try it out - you will reap the benefits.

How long has it been since you last masturbated or came?
  • TruthWielderTruthWielder Regular
    edited August 2010
    FUCK :mad: fine ill stop after tonight.

"[God] Grant me chastity and continence, but not yet"
    -St. Augustine
    edited August 2010
    Alright let's make this shit official. Master of your domain contest. Let's say we start it...Thursday August 5th? So that we can maybe get a few more people in on it and so we can jerk it like crazy before the contest. I'll start an official thread for this tomorrow.
  • SHANE14SHANE14 Regular
    edited August 2010
    weak <.<... I havn't wanked in 16-18 days and I'll be going adleast till the weekend. There was a massive thread about this on zoklet anyways, some real interesting stuff
  • BitterConflictBitterConflict Regular
    edited August 2010
    I remember when I was on vacation, I couldn't fap because people were around me all the time. So, I couldn't fap for like a week or so and when I came home I fapped and it really felt good.
    1232229457509hf2.jpg&t=1
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited August 2010
    Holding off for a week makes it feel so much better. Sometimes if I'm busy (like with my recent move) I won't fap for days. Otherwise no, I won't hold off.
  • ImaginariumImaginarium Regular
    edited August 2010
    If you do some research into it, things are far more complicated than simply prolactin = evil. One interesting note is that vitamin c is required for dopamine to inhibit the release of prolactin...beta-endorphins are also involved in modulation as well as a host of other neurochemicals.

But masturbation is still generally, in my eyes, an indulgent vice much like sitting around watching TV all day. Dumb & wasteful but whatever. The trick is to just stay positive and focused on life, masturbation is generally a result of boredom. Or amphetamine abuse, lol.
    edited August 2010
    I'll take a multivitamin, drink some water, and not worry about the chemical processes. It's fun and healthier than getting drunk.
  • edited August 2010
    Wow, that was a really interesting article. I had no idea that so much stuff goes on when you orgasm.
    edited August 2010
    Or amphetamine abuse, lol.

Fucking this.

Every time I take some adderall I find myself in the shower beating my meat until it turns red with frustration.
    edited August 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    I'll take a multivitamin, drink some water, and not worry about the chemical processes. It's fun and healthier than getting drunk.

Weed is healthier than all three.
    edited August 2010
    Weed is healthier than water and multivitamins? I'm pretty sure weed has no nutritional value, despite how fun it is. In any case, weed discussion belongs in a different thread.
    edited August 2010
    No, weed is healthier than alcohol and masturbation.
  • 0vvarT0vvarT Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I remember when I was on vacation, I couldn't fap because people were around me all the time. So, I couldn't fap for like a week or so and when I came home I fapped and it really felt good.
    1232229457509hf2.jpg&t=1

That's what the bathroom's for... But true, if you wait it does make it that much better.
  • SteppenwolfSteppenwolf Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I remember dedicating myself to this on Zoklet. Lasted 18 days.
  • minor69nerminor69ner Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I lasted 12 days. I noticed I got more impatient, aggressive, and my strength went up a bit.
  • mashlehashmashlehash Regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay when I wake up tomorrow I'll officially consider that the starting day of being fap free.
    edited August 2010
    minor69ner wrote: »
    I lasted 12 days. I noticed I got more impatient, aggressive, and my strength went up a bit.

lol really? I get 10x more patient and social, not aggressive.
    edited August 2010
    Everyone check out the sticky thread. We're going to have a contest to see who can stop jacking off for the longest period of time.
  • minor69nerminor69ner Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    lol really? I get 10x more patient and social, not aggressive.

maybe its different for introverts/extroverts?
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    If i dont jack off for a few days when im with a girl it takes more forever to get hard for some reason.